It's June 21st...

fauowls44

What is with all the negativity around here? It's June 21st. You all sound as if it was the last week of September. There is still a lot of baseball left and some of you sound like you are conceding the divison to the Phillies and planning for next year. The bottom line is that the team is tied for 1st place and has yet to play its best baseball. Burnett's last 2 starts were great and with him and the rest of the rotation healthy, they won't go through many long losing streaks. The bullpen is taking some form of shape for the 1st time all year. Yes, the offense has looked terrible lately, but it happens. Teams go through slumps, hopefully, this is getting our out of the way early.

I'm not saying that this team is perfect right now(they need another bat, either someone from in-house like Conine to pick it up, or through a trade), but no team in the NL is without its flaws. Everyone just has to relax and remeber there is still 93 games left.

the reason why i think people are in panic mode is cause they see the holes this team has and there is nobody to fill them in...it finally caught up with us and its up to the front office to fill those holes..yes the SP has been great but we need bullpen help and desperatly need another bat to help bring in runs right now Lowell,cabs,choi, have to much preasure on them and you can tell they are pressing...

the reason why i think people are in panic mode is cause they see the holes this team has and there is nobody to fill them in...it finally caught up with us and its up to the front office to fill those holes..yes the SP has been great but we need bullpen help and desperatly need another bat to help bring in runs right now Lowell,cabs,choi, have to much preasure on them and you can tell they are pressing...

The starting rotation is set and the bullpen has been addressed. I am confident the FO will address our need for another bat in either LF or behind the plate.

Have some patience. Something will get down.

Let's take 2 out of 3 from the Braves.

The starting rotation is set and the bullpen has been addressed. I am confident the FO will address our need for another bat in either LF or behind the plate.

Have some patience. Something will get down.

Let's take 2 out of 3 from the Braves. true lets take our frustrations out on the damn braves...

i wouldnt say that most of are negtive...... the ones who are sayin the things that are ticking people off its s cuz those people are scared of what they see......

im really not worried...... i love the team i really dont see any holes..... what i did see this weekend is my team got beat by a better team and played horrible defense...... and no offense except on saturday......

i just thinking timing is been off...... our time will come.......

im really looking forward to da 2nd half.....

imagine...

Aj Burnett "getting his skillz back"

Beckett "enough said"

Penny " kinda losing his touch, im not worried"

Willis " ERA is still sick"

Pavs " could be NL starting pitcher in da all star game"

new dude with energey name beings with an M dont even wanna spell it

Koch

AB

just need our starters to go 6...... keep us in da game......

its 21st...... and we still in 1st place ha........

i wouldnt say that most of are negtive...... the ones who are sayin the things that are ticking people off its s cuz those people are scared of what they see......

im really not worried...... i love the team i really dont see any holes..... what i did see this weekend is my team got beat by a better team and played horrible defense...... and no offense except on saturday......

i just thinking timing is been off...... our time will come.......

im really looking forward to da 2nd half.....

imagine...

Aj Burnett "getting his skillz back"

Beckett "enough said"

Penny " kinda losing his touch, im not worried"

Willis " ERA is still sick"

Pavs " could be NL starting pitcher in da all star game"

new dude with energey name beings with an M dont even wanna spell it

Koch

AB

just need our starters to go 6...... keep us in da game......

its 21st...... and we still in 1st place ha........

i agree with alot of your post but the reason why i think is in a slump is cause were missing a bat...conine not producing is a big hole,he was expected to bring in at least 75 rbi's and i dought he will get there...we need someone to help bring runners in...and J.P. has to start getting on more often and not get caught stealing..

Let's take 2 out of 3 from the Braves.

sounds good.

the bright side is that the pitching has been there recently. (at least the starters...)

I'm VERY pleased at the progress AJ is making in his last 2 starts.

if we can just get a couple of bats going we'll hang in there.

I really don't want Choi out of the lineup.

Ever.

I'm not jumping on the pessimist bandwagon here but uh, we are to the Braves what the Phillies are to us. This is the worst time for us to be facing them.... and now the damn Devil Rays have gone from a trip to the win column to the hottest team in baseball.

I'm scared...somebody hold me...

No? well okay...

fishywishy,

The Braves always start out well against us, then we grind them to bits.

Who are the predicted starters for Atlanta?

Wright (5-5) vs. Pavano (7-2)

Thomson (5-5) vs. Penny (6-5)

Hampton (1-7) vs. Willis (6-4)

Good pitching match-ups.

Once again, we have the advantage each day.

All we need is to get the bats going, even modestly, and we should take 2 of 3.

fishywishy,

Good pitching match-ups.

All we need is to get the bats going, even modestly, and we should take 2 of 3. we had the advantage against Texas and look what happened, we got swept.

fishywishy,

Good pitching match-ups.

All we need is to get the bats going, even modestly, and we should take 2 of 3. we had the advantage against Texas and look what happened, we got swept. Expect our motivation level to be much higher against our division rivals.

Philadelphia must face Montreal

Myers (5-3, 4.14) vs. Hernandez (3-7, 3.42)

Millwood (4-5) vs. Vargas (4-4)

Abbott (2-6) vs. Armas (0-2)

:banghead

Why can't they be playin the Yankees or something? Hehe..

Hey...maybe Montreal will get some of that Tampa Bay magic! :confused

I'm not really worried either...I mean, I realize that this team has needs, but I would bet that the FO will give us some material to work with come the deadline, mark my words! The people that are saying that we'll start selling instead of buying any minute now should check in at the nearest mental facility.