Line up needs a 3 hitter

This lineup needs a 3 hole hitter to separate jp and louis from cabrera and lowell

Is choi the answer?

Seems like this guy has been our hottest hitter and getting on base more than anyone in our lineup...

The only thing he lacks is batting average....but pudge didn't hit for the greatest average last year either....297 i believe..

Choi might be able to hit near .290

Guest Juanky

He should get the chance, I've been recommending it for a while

However, Jack doesn't trust him to start everday, would he trust him at #3?

No. If you are going to move him up, put him in the five-hole or cleanup. Three straight lefties in a game versus a righty doesn't leave much for the rest of the lineup to be split up by Choi.

im gonna disagree

i dont think that any of that should be a factor in moving choi to the 3

castillo is a switch who hits better from the right side anyways so its more like L R L

last years lineup was entirely righty besides pierre and we did fine

Choi should be 6th, Bass 7th, and Red/Treanor 8th

exactly what juanky said above this post

that lineup hasnt done s*** Now, wait a minute.

Choi batting 6th .289

Gonzalez batting 7th .324

Redmond batting 8th .258

So, this line up does favor Choi and Gonzalez.

Redmond has hit better in the 6th spot, but he is a good contact hitter, and much better than Alex in the 8th spot.

Overall, this is a good batting order.

To argue in Choi's favor, he has shown great improvement since the start of the season. He is starting to hit breaking balls, and I suspect his strikeout rate is falling.

I have a feeling Choi is going to have a very solid 2nd half.

If we don't trade for a real #3 hitter, then trying Choi out in that role is an experiment I would like to see.

1. Castillo: In the # 1 slot he is batting .347 and K's 5.3% of the time. In the # 2 spot he is batting .260 and strikes out 12.2% of the time.

2. Pierre: In the # 2 spot he bats .265 and strikes out 7.3% of the time. In the # 1 spot he bats .319 and strikes out 8.8% of the time

3. Mike Redmond: Did you know that Red is 24-82 (.293 average) the past three seasons as a # 3 hitter? How about that he has a .379 average this season when runners are on base and .205 when the bases are empty? If Pierre or Castillo can get on this feeds into Red's numbers.

4. Mike Lowell: Best man for the job.

5. Miguel Cabrera: He batted .320 in this slot in 2003 and according to ESPN has just 3 at bats this season in the # 5 hole and is 3-3.

6. Hee Seop Choi: This spot he is batting .289 and has his lowest strikeout % (21%). Bat him 5th with the same amount of at bats and his strikout % is 32%.

7. Jeff Conine: Funny how this works out but over the past three seasons he is batting .381 in the # 7 hole and this season is 3-5 batting 7th. I thought he had more at bats in the 7 spot but ESPN says no.

8. Sea Bass: I'd rather he bat 7th, but moving Redmond up leaves only the 8 spot for Alex.

1. Castillo: In the # 1 slot he is batting .347 and K's 5.3% of the time. In the # 2 spot he is batting .260 and strikes out 12.2% of the time.

2. Pierre: In the # 2 spot he bats .265 and strikes out 7.3% of the time. In the # 1 spot he bats .319 and strikes out 8.8% of the time

3. Mike Redmond: Did you know that Red is 24-82 (.293 average) the past three seasons as a # 3 hitter? How about that he has a .379 average this season when runners are on base and .205 when the bases are empty? If Pierre or Castillo can get on this feeds into Red's numbers.

4. Mike Lowell: Best man for the job.

5. Miguel Cabrera: He batted .320 in this slot in 2003 and according to ESPN has just 3 at bats this season in the # 5 hole and is 3-3.

6. Hee Seop Choi: This spot he is batting .289 and has his lowest strikeout % (21%). Bat him 5th with the same amount of at bats and his strikout % is 32%.

7. Jeff Conine: Funny how this works out but over the past three seasons he is batting .381 in the # 7 hole and this season is 3-5 batting 7th. I thought he had more at bats in the 7 spot but ESPN says no.

8. Sea Bass: I'd rather he bat 7th, but moving Redmond up leaves only the 8 spot for Alex.

Very well done.

Someone slip this line up to Jack before tomorrow's game.

the only problem with jack is that he is not willing to remove lowell and cabrera from the 3rd and 4th spots

that has been one consistent thing he has done

and the only 1 consistent difference from last years lineup....

damn jack just try something new

I dont care what you guys say about pudges average last year, lets not forget he led the majors for a while with his RISP average which is all i need, that meant he drove in louie and JP more than anyone else. and he is a contact hitter with power not the other way around. he uses the whole field, choi just doesnt fit. frankly i miss pudge alot, we need a bat NOW.

Pudge was a slap-hitter. Has been that way for years and racked up the GIDP numbers because of it. Last year Pudge was a productive hitter because the team was running and opening up holes in the infield to hit through.

You could put anyone there. Redmond, Conine, Choi, Cabrera, Lowell, it won't matter. They won't be as successful if we don't hit and run more often.

I think Cabrera should be by default the #3 hitter. His groundball rate is too high to risk anyone but Pierre and Luiy hitting ahead of him.

this question may have already been asked .... but w/e happend to us getting gallaraga n if we did do any of u think he still has something left in him to improve our hitting

Is Galarraga even playing right now?

We really don't need a 43 year old first baseman to hit clean-up. We need a number 3 hitter who can make good contact, with decent speed on the basepaths.

Guest Juanky

I think a good thing might be to alternate Choi and Big Red. Choi hits third against righties, Red against lefties.

The reason I think it'll work is because Choi's weakness at the moment is change ups. If Pierre and/or Castillo are on the basepaths, sending them would either get them in safely when a change is thrown OR make the pitchers not throw change ups anymore, allowing Choi to be at a buffet of fat ones. Also, when Choi grounds out he tends to pull the ball to the right side of the infield, which would advance the runners regardless of there being an out. It is very difficult to turn a DP with Juanpy or Luiy if the ball is pulled to the second baseman. I think it is worth a shot for a week or two.