Its not amazing that our offense doesn't score...

DTrizzle

Tonights game better not be typical. . .

Every team out there would most likely throw their worst reliever in the 1st inning in a game like this.

All is well, we are only .5 behind first place

435818[/snapback]

We are now 1 game out.

435824[/snapback]

I was being sarcastic. I have never been one of those saying that all is well. I think most of us saw this coming.

Guest Moneyball

Every team out there would most likely throw their worst reliever in the 1st inning in a game like this.

shut the hell up all is not well, we are playing like crap and it's a matter of time before it catches up to us.

shut the hell up all is not well, we are playing like crap and it's a matter of time before it catches up to us.

435833[/snapback]

ALL IS WELL!

435833[/snapback]

ALL IS WELL!

435835[/snapback]

:lol :lol :lol

435833[/snapback]

I would say it has caught up with us.

With over half the year still remaining, Beckett returning, AJ cranking it up, yall need to chill the f*** out. You know we have the pitching to take us deep, you know they will make a couple of trades, and all will be fine. Serious hatin goin on here.

ive said it once and ill say it again

once our 5 aces are in the same rotation for more than a week, we will "manufacture" runs

Last year we didnt have the best offense but we got enough runs to win and the pitching starting really clicking at the 2nd half

With over half the year still remaining, Beckett returning, AJ cranking it up, yall need to chill the f*** out. You know we have the pitching to take us deep, you know they will make a couple of trades, and all will be fine. Serious hatin goin on here.

435879[/snapback]

Sorry, but that is the same line of reasoning everyone was using at the beginning of June.....AJ is coming back, the team is in a hitting slump, etc. etc......and we ended up 11-16 for the month....the first losing month since last May.

I expect we can do better than we are, but it also appears the team is not playing with the level of enthusiasm we saw last year.

435879[/snapback]

Sorry, but that is the same line of reasoning everyone was using at the beginning of June.....AJ is coming back, the team is in a hitting slump, etc. etc......and we ended up 11-16 for the month....the first losing month since last May.

I expect we can do better than we are, but it also appears the team is not playing with the level of enthusiasm we saw last year.

435891[/snapback]

We are not Enthusiastic because we are not winning, We are not winning cause we got a triple AAA player starting every 5 days, disrupting the rhythm of the rotation.

It must be so inspiring to score when you are down by 6 in the first inning!

It seems like everytime we are shut out we get completely crushed....

Does everyone agree that bullpen comes before a bat?

435812[/snapback]

Well i can't speak for everyone but i said bullpen comes before a bat...............pitching is the base of the defense if u dont have good pitching then u cant win games

Guest Juanky

Today proves why starting pitching is the most important thing in baseball. Wehn your starter can't get an out, you lose. I don't care if you have the offense of the 27 Yankees or the Big Red Machine. You get dropped that many runs early and you will lose. The team will lose it's fire that day.

For anyone watching the Sox-Yanks game today, or at least aware of what happened, knows how in close games you need a pen. We saw last year's postseason. We need one quality arm.

We are one dependable arm in the pen away.

I'll take Easy Eddie if we can (swing a deal for Brooks too please :thumbup )

435879[/snapback]

435891[/snapback]

We are not Enthusiastic because we are not winning, We are not winning cause we got a triple AAA player starting every 5 days, disrupting the rhythm of the rotation.

435902[/snapback]

I wouldn't be aso quick to expect nirvana when/if all of the starters are healthy. Aside from Pavano no one has been consistent. This rotation reminds me more of 2002 then 2003 - Flashes of absolute brilliance which appear every so often and abjectly mediocre the rest of the time.

It must be so inspiring to score when you are down by 6 in the first inning!

It seems like everytime we are shut out we get completely crushed....

Does everyone agree that bullpen comes before a bat?

435812[/snapback]

what about when AJ's throwing a gem & they're facing a mediocre Devil Rays starter?