Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

MarlinsBaseball.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

We dont need a bat

Featured Replies

For this past two weeks I'd say starting pitching as been as disappointing as the offense.

437545[/snapback]

 

true enough, but with even a LITTLE bit of offense we probably win a few of these games lately.

 

can't be easy for the pitchers when you're thinking in the back of your mind "I can't give up 3 runs or it's over."

If I'm Beinfest I'm doing anything and everything I can to get a trade done for either Steve Finley, Jason Kendall (Pittsburgh would have to eat some of the contract), or Melvin Mora.

Again, a big bat is not going to solve the problem of a lack of a running game or late inning failures or Beckett staying healthy or Willis keeping it together or the Lenny F-ing Harris situation.

  • Author

Again, a big bat is not going to solve the problem of a lack of a running game or late inning failures or Beckett staying healthy or Willis keeping it together or

437614[/snapback]

 

its still gonna boost this team's morale

We need both, but the bullpen is way bigger than getting another bat. I rather go get a good reliever than a bat. When we score a couple of runs, then we put our bullpen and they blow it.

 

Manzanillo cant get the job done all the time.

  • Author

We need both, but the bullpen is way bigger than getting another bat. I rather go get a good reliever than a bat. When we score a couple of runs, then we put our bullpen and they blow it.

 

Manzanillo cant get the job done all the time.

437622[/snapback]

 

[for the 100th time]

when was the last time the bully blew a game in the 7th inning?

Conine aint cutting it, Treanor aint cuttin it, Redmond aint cuttin it

 

same could be said for JP but we know he aint going anywhere

 

 

 

and fishfan25, when was the last time, late in a ballgame, that our pen blew a game?

437406[/snapback]

 

BS. Total BS. Sorry, Ramp.

I want to see Treanor play more games! Redmond wants to see Treanor play more games.

437646[/snapback]

 

Exactly. Anyone who thought Red was an everyday catcher was fooling themselves. Treanor and Red could split 50/50 or give a slight edge to T because he is solid.

  • Author

Conine aint cutting it, Treanor aint cuttin it, Redmond aint cuttin it

 

same could be said for JP but we know he aint going anywhere

 

 

 

and fishfan25, when was the last time, late in a ballgame, that our pen blew a game?

437406[/snapback]

 

BS. Total BS. Sorry, Ramp.

437645[/snapback]

 

yea I guess a .265 average with 5hr and 29rbi is acceptable from your LF

 

:plain

*laughs at topic title*

Jack needs to have more faith in the right people. So much faith in Harris, Easley and Perisho, but what about Treanor, Choi, Benitez, and Willis? Jack is too impatient and distrustful with them.

  • Author

*laughs at topic title*

437653[/snapback]

 

well I can tell you read my first post

 

:banghead

well I can tell you read my first post

 

sorry ramp :mischief

Jack needs to have more faith in the right people. So much faith in Harris, Easley and Perisho, but what about Treanor, Choi, Benitez, and Willis? Jack is too impatient and distrustful with them.

437655[/snapback]

 

But Harris and Perisho are proven major leaguers. Proven to suck, but atleast they sucked at the major league level. :rolleyes:

Id make a run at Adam Dunn if he was to be made available

437733[/snapback]

 

You know he wont be and you know it would cost a lot of talent.

 

Look, I dont get this. If we get someone to replace Conine, then we are stuck paying a bench player (Conine) for the next season as well. Not that that would be a real problem, because if you found a young, cheap replacement it would be offset. But you wont find that. And that is my point.

 

You are not going to get a significant upgrade over Conine - not without cutting out a part of the team already in place - starting pitching. I dont see how making a hole in one place only to cover up a PERCEIVED hole in another helps.

 

Conine is not the problem here although he is an easy scapegoat. He is starting to hit the ball well and is getting healthy. It is one thing to just sit back and point out problems, it is another to actually try and create solutions. I have yet to see you attempt the latter, Ramp. You just criticize. That is easy.

I don't think this team can win without acquiring a BAT AND a decent bull pen arm.

yeah minus, we're not going anywhere

 

even if we get a bat, how are we gonna be able to hold a lead

  • Author

I dont have a solution jonny... I dont know who is available

 

if it was up to me Id give up some major talent to get a guy like Dunn or Wilkerson

 

Conine stinks and you know it

Id make a run at Adam Dunn if he was to be made available

437733[/snapback]

 

You know he wont be and you know it would cost a lot of talent.

 

Look, I dont get this. If we get someone to replace Conine, then we are stuck paying a bench player (Conine) for the next season as well. Not that that would be a real problem, because if you found a young, cheap replacement it would be offset. But you wont find that. And that is my point.

 

You are not going to get a significant upgrade over Conine - not without cutting out a part of the team already in place - starting pitching. I dont see how making a hole in one place only to cover up a PERCEIVED hole in another helps.

 

Conine is not the problem here although he is an easy scapegoat. He is starting to hit the ball well and is getting healthy. It is one thing to just sit back and point out problems, it is another to actually try and create solutions. I have yet to see you attempt the latter, Ramp. You just criticize. That is easy.

437772[/snapback]

 

So Basicly,you would like the team to stay put with it current lineup? :thumbdown

I dont have a solution jonny... I dont know who is available

 

if it was up to me Id give up some major talent to get a guy like Dunn or Wilkerson

 

Conine stinks and you know it

437778[/snapback]

 

Hermida to acquire Adam Dunn?

  • Author

I dont have a solution jonny... I dont know who is available

 

if it was up to me Id give up some major talent to get a guy like Dunn or Wilkerson

 

Conine stinks and you know it

437778[/snapback]

 

Hermida to acquire Adam Dunn?

437790[/snapback]

 

anybody BUT him

If trading Hermida, Stokes or anyone else on our prospect list would ultimately lead to another World Series appearance for the Fish I find it hard to believe you guys wouldn't pull the trigger on a trade.

 

There is no tomorrow.

If trading Hermida, Stokes or anyone else on our prospect list would ultimately lead to another World Series appearance for the Fish I find it hard to believe you guys wouldn't pull the trigger on a trade.

 

There is no tomorrow.

438120[/snapback]

 

Hermida is the top prospect in the organization, I'll cry if he is traded. However, Stokes can go since Choi has been successful enough.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.