WTF is wrong with you people

EricWiener

What concerns most people is not being 3 games back, it's that we've gone 12-20 since the beginning of May....with no signs of getting better.

442765[/snapback]

Exactly, it's not the standings we're concerned about. It's the fact that with the way we're playing, at the end of this week it's very possible we could be in 4th place and stay there. This doesn't seem to be just a slump anymore and now the injuries are starting to pile up..

like alot of us its not teh standings......

its the fear and worry that we keep playin like this the season might be over..... and nothing is improving.....

we cant even buy a run.. and i have given up on Conine......

changes need to be made, WIllingham called up is good..... but we need more than justa rookie catcher.....

and the FO isnt gonna do anything if they dont see the team playin up to its caliber... and we all wanna see changes.....

The only huge change necessary is getting everyone healthy.

This team has enough talent to win. The problem has been bad luck and a lack of inconsistency.

Look, that series against the Braves was a pure nightmare but I gurantee it wouldnt have been the same series with all the delays. 10.3 IP from our starters that series...Penny wasnt sharp because they started at 11pm! Burnett only threw 2IP! We were forced to use our bullpen - and we had to overuse them and they broke down, plain and simple.

We have the best starting talent in the league...

We have arguably one of the best closers in baseball...

We have the best defense in the NL East and among the best in baseball...

We are only down .2 runs a game compared to last year's team...

We have a better record right now than we did last year...

We have played absolutely terrible this past month and we are only 3GB?!

Phillies, Braves, Mets...be afraid. Be very afraid. When we get our starting pitching up to par, look out. Only a matter of time.

Ummm. No we don't. We never have had anything close to it, outside of a month or so last fall.

Maybe, but it doesn't matter when he gets 1 save op. a week.

Irrelevant considering the pitching.

Yeah, now if we can only find two more "one in a million" AA call ups to perfrom out of thier mind like we did last year.

Phillies, Braves, Mets...be afraid. Be very afraid. When we get our starting pitching up to par, look out. Only a matter of time.

I think it's time to stop looking at the emergence of the SP'ing as the answer to all that ills the FIsh. Looking historically over the past 2-3 years none of them have been consistently good outside of the playoff run last fall. Maybe everyone has short-term memory loss, but the SP'ing is like it's always been. Flasheds of brilliance in a sea of medocrity.

Ummm. No we don't. We never have had anything close to it, outside of a month or so last fall.

Yeah, now if we can only find two more "one in a million" AA call ups to perfrom out of thier mind like we did last year.

I think it's time to stop looking at the emergence of the SP'ing as the answer to all that ills the FIsh. Looking historically over the past 2-3 years none of them have been consistently good outside of the playoff run last fall. Maybe everyone has short-term memory loss, but the SP'ing is like it's always been. Flasheds of brilliance in a sea of medocrity.

443210[/snapback]

Well, CLUTCH Flashes of brilliance :thumbup

And Cabrera wasnt exactly "tearing it up" the first few months when he got called up, his best months were august and september. I even remember many of you wanting him sent down back to AA and give Hollandsworth "another chance"

443210[/snapback]

FishFillet, as usual, you fail to see the point.

As to point #1, you failed to read the word TALENT. Yes we do have some of the BEST STARTING TALENT in the league.

If you follow that, then it is only a matter of time until it reaches its potential. Penny showed it earlier in the season. Pavano has been able to keep it going. Beckett is made of glass but no one doubts his skill. Burnett is almost fully recovered (I said it would take around 40IP til we see him turn the corner - currently at 38IP). Willis has been up and down all year, but is still putting together solid numbers and will re-emerge.

Before you disagree with me on talent, and prove yourself to be just up for a ridiculous argument and abuse, look around the rest of the NL East and tell me that the other teams have better starting pitching talent. Or even, starting pitching for that matter. You cant.

And when the pitching comes around, this team will come around. Until then, no trade will make a lick of difference.

The team needs to make some changes, sure, but you'd think a team had never been 3GB before. Is this a board of transplanted Cubs fans or something?

442756[/snapback]

We shouldn't even be 3GB in the first place.

443326[/snapback]

I agree.

And this wouldn't hurt so much if we didn't win the WS last year.

I've been a season ticket holder since 1999 and hell- back then, we'd be cheering if we were three games behind. Now, it's not good enough.

What I don't see (and I don't know how to fix it) is the spark that the team had last season. I don't see happiness and joy on their faces. I also don't see it on Jack's face either. They are playing like they are paid to play, not because they love to play. I remember Jack saying in an interview that he told these guys to 'have fun'. Where's the fun?

The thing that worries me is that our starters have to throw either a shutout or no hitter to even give this team a chance to win.

I'm not worried about standings at the moment because I know it was after the All-Star break last year that the Fish really made a splash(no pun intended :shifty ), but the FO needs to make a move or two and really get this team back on track offensively.

I'm not worried because they have proven that they can take 3 straight from the Phillies or Mets and can make that up in no time, my concern is that if this team continues to struggle, that 3 game deficit may turn into 10 games or worse.

But what, me worry? :cool

like alot of us its not teh standings......

its the fear and worry that we keep playin like this the season might be over..... and nothing is improving.....

we cant even buy a run.. and i have given up on Conine......

changes need to be made, WIllingham called up is good..... but we need more than justa rookie catcher.....

and the FO isnt gonna do anything if they dont see the team playin up to its caliber... and we all wanna see changes.....

442937[/snapback]

Agreed....if things get to the point where we are looking at 8+ games back by the All Star Break...I do not think the FO will make moves to better us, but to build for future years....bye bye Penny or Pavano, Easley, JP, Choi, etc.