latest trade rumors???

i think your off, there is a diff between a rumor and something thats being floated as a possibility. I just wanna know who said that, if its the Herald or anyone on WQAM i dont take it seriously, Im sorry but i just dont see those media outlets as reliable!

458549[/snapback]

isnt a rumor a possibility?

all i know is that a rumor isn't something sure...it must be a possibility

458553[/snapback]

i agree, i just dont take anything said on the herald or wqam as serious

another person on this site said his dad knows someone close to the organization and made it sound like a deal with the pirates is close to complete

maybe the lawton deal didnt work out since it was about a week ago...maybe 2

458557[/snapback]

i think more likely is a move to bolster their bullpen

another person on this site said his dad knows someone close to the organization and made it sound like a deal with the pirates is close to complete

maybe the lawton deal didnt work out since it was about a week ago...maybe 2

458557[/snapback]

i think more likely is a move to bolster their bullpen

458559[/snapback]

No bullpen help over here.

Regarding a trade for Kendall, it would seem unlikely the trade would be announced until the end of the Pirates series this weekend. It would be extremely awkward for Kendall, and would have the fans very upset if he switched teams just before the series.

On the otherhand, if Kendall were aware of the trade during the series, he might also have a tough time trying to beat the team that could possibly take him into the post season.

Something to think about.

Of course it would have to be part of a bigger deal (that probably included us trading one of our starting pitchers), the Marlins might look hard at Jacque Jones (Twins) as a big bat/big glove outfielder for the second half and 2005.

Then there's my outside chance favorite acquisition Javy Lopez from the fallen off the radar Baltimore Orioles.

458487[/snapback]

Would love to see that one happen as it would solve several problems with one trade.

Javy's not being traded.

Jacque Jones' OBP is .313 this year and .330 over his career. :thumbdown

We don't need a catcher. Or first baseman.

We need a outfielder to press Conine and rest Pierre/Miggy. Ideally one who bats lefthanded so he could replace Lenny Harris as the first bat off the bench. Two weeks from now about a dozen of those type of guys will be available.

And if we trade Pavano or Penny we must get Mark Teixeira!

I agree that Javy is not going to be traded....but it doesn't hurt to dream.

Although I have been pleased with Red's performance this year, one can't help but wonder why he is hitting 20 points below his career average. Is he just tired from playing more than he's accustomed? Is Treanor really good enough as a back-up to start in the post-season?

Having Kendall on the team would give us a #3 hitter and allow Red to move to a back-up role where he is more effective.....and would strengthen our bench as well.

As you well know, I would also like to see us get another LF'er and move Conine to the bench.

So I would like to see us get two bats, plus another reliever....as it still looks like we need another 7th/8th inning guy.

I think if we can get a catcher that can play everyday and produce, that will help out immensely. I think though that McKeon should be starting Treanor and using Redmond as his backup.

I also think you are both right about getting someone to play LF and even CF which would push Conine and spell Miggy and JP. I dont think, however, that Conine really needs pushing as he does that very well himself. What he needs is rest (which he is currently getting) and to get back to health.

If you can move Conine to the bench, it better be for a SIGNIFICANT upgrade. As of right now, I have not seen anyone mention that fits that description.

And you dont trade Pavano. You stick with him because frankly, we dont know who else is going to show up for the second half. But I feel confident that the talent will rise and Willis, Beckett, Penny and Burnett will start pitching like they are capable. They are already showing positive signs (well, except for Beckett but he should be back soon).

Guys will become available after the trade deadline via the waiver wire. You could just wait it out and pick up someone for basically free.

gammons isnt really reliable + i think we have sumthin in choi thats more than talent and potential alot of the fans like him as a person hes young a fan favorite and could be with us for the long term more marlins fans would apreciate him much more than a rental delgado if we want a rentall get beltran

houston isn't ready to give up and they are still in the wildcard race

doesn't look like beltran is going anywhere

459891[/snapback]

true, but these next 2 weeks could decide his fate

459907[/snapback]

If I was Houston I'm not sure I wouldn't just take the two supplemental draft picks.

I'm not sure how deep the draft is supposed to be next year but that might be just as good as an option as dealing him.