All Time MLB Wasted Career

FreshFish

My vote goes to Juan Gone. Always on the DL and a bad attitude.

The two time MVP with 34 years of age seems to spent most of his time on the DL.

He has 434 career HR. He could easily have 550, or even 600. I don't think he will make it into the Hall, unless he put 3-5 solid years and end up with 550+ HR.

Who else is a good candidate?

Darryl Strawberry.

He has been given more opportunities than anyone else I can remember to clean up his act and step up to the plate, so to speak.

I feel sad for him now, but I used to be real angry at him for giving in to vice so easily, throwing away what could most certainly have been a HOF career.

I'll throw in Albert Belle. I don't even remember why he stopped playing. Anyone?

457942[/snapback]

The official word was he had a degenerative condition in his hip that ultimately made it too painful for him to play.

That's karma for you, I guess.

there's alot of names you can trow around but Strawberry could have been one of the greatest of all-time...he had all the tools and man what a swing...it was so sad to see this guy go down hill...My mentor J.Canseco could have also had a much better career but his back just gave out on him..he would have gotten 700 easy if it wasnt for his back and a bad desition in boston to pitch that dumb 1inn....

Guest Juanky

Darryl Strawberry.

He has been given more opportunities than anyone else I can remember to clean up his act and step up to the plate, so to speak.

I feel sad for him now, but I used to be real angry at him for giving in to vice so easily, throwing away what could most certainly have been a HOF career.

457926[/snapback]

I'll second that

If Josh Hamilton doesn't make a comeback then he would be thrown into this list.

Also Brien Taylor, the former Yankees #1 pick who injured his arm in a fight and never was the same(I saw him pitch years after this and it was painful-more walks than innings pitched in the minors after the injury).

Both of those guys have/had Hall of Fame talent.

Guest Juanky

Eric Davis

458435[/snapback]

Didn't he have cancer?

458442[/snapback]

yeah, that and the fact that he was injury prone prevented him from becoming the next Willie Mays.

458482[/snapback]

Oh, so injured players count?

I thought it was only people who threw thier careers away basically on thier own.

Don't forget Rick Ankiel. Whatever happened to him? He was supposed to be the next big thing

458501[/snapback]

He had Tommy John last year and is hoping to pitch in the minors later this year.

He's still 24 years old so if he could figure it out quickly he could still have a good career.