Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

MarlinsBaseball.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Do you play baseball?

Featured Replies

Just thought I'd ask :)

I played mostly with friends so I guess I can say stuff that I Want to do.

 

Position: Right Field

Batting Side: Switchy

 

(Im 13 and a switchy :) )

Ok I haven't played in a league in a while but this is what I play:

 

1st Base/Pitcher

 

(Throw two seam, 4 seam fastball, circle change, and curve)

 

 

Batting: Switch (Taught myself this year hehe)

I play first base and LF and RF. I throw left and bat left. I recently broke my collarbone on a web gem going for a foul ball during game 1 of a doubleheader.

Catcher, SS, 2B

Righty

I played little league till 8th grade...

 

in 8th grade I played 2nd base and RF (it was, what we call, Juniors...which is real size infield, leadoffs, etc.).

 

I batted righty. Led the team in bunt basehits...probably the league.

When I played I played second base, was a pretty good fielder. I seperated my shoulder once diving for a ball. That kinda hurt. As for hitting bat right, and was like a JP type, my power was lacking, but I was pretty fast

I seperated my shoulder once diving for a ball. That kinda hurt.

461773[/snapback]

 

how long were you out for? Broke my collarbone, it will be 8 weeks tomorrow, probably another 4 to go

In high school I was a Second baseman and hit from the right.

 

I was on the team for my defense and speed, not my bat.

i shoulda played baseball in HS....but i didn't wanna take away from offseason training for football......plus, the varsity manager was a douche (he also coached DBs for football--which I played as well), and I don't think I could have handled two different seasons with him.

I "retired" about 7 years ago, was in a private league.

 

Played 3B mostly and hit from the right side. Earlier in my "career" I had played a little 2B, RF, and was a pitcher for a little bit. I even caught a little in 1 game. (being a catcher sucks)

I played 1B...I was bad@ss

 

I couldn't hit though. I batted 9th in the lineup. But I was left handed and fast so I pwned at bunts. I also led the league in hit by pitches.

Damn, we have more catchers than I expected.

 

Hey tony, how much did the lefty one set you back?

I seperated my shoulder once diving for a ball. That kinda hurt.

461773[/snapback]

 

how long were you out for? Broke my collarbone, it will be 8 weeks tomorrow, probably another 4 to go

461780[/snapback]

 

 

It was towards the end of the season so I was out for the rest of it.

I also led the league in hit by pitches.

461840[/snapback]

I did that like 3 times. I walked a lot too. I played everywhere but catcher, first, and center. Righty.

Dude, I got hit by a pitch like every game. I was the only left hander on my team. It sucked, but I had a high OBP. My BA sucked though.

oh yah, and I played 2b in intramural softball...and batted leadoff, sometimes #2. Softball is easy :plain

 

except for turning 2.

 

Everyone tries swingin for the fences (no fences in our intramural lol), all you gotta do is hit grounders towards 3b....chances are, i'll beat it out, or force an error.

 

good times.

Dude, I got hit by a pitch like every game.? I was the only left hander on my team.? It sucked, but I had a high OBP.? My BA sucked though.

461856[/snapback]

I would always get hit by pitches, but out of frustration. I've always had a small strike zone and I'm not a fan of swinging at balls, so after the first couple of at bats I'd just get plunked so the pitcher would get some satisfaction out of reaching base instead of just walking me.

 

If they took OBP in Little League Billy Beane would have signed me coming out of 3rd grade.

I would just get plunked because I basically stood over the plate and took it.

 

I got plunked like 12 times in 18 games one season.

Put me in the OF and 1B

 

I played like 3 years, first 2 years I was a great hitter even got a reward then the last year I resembled Randy Johnson with the bat.

 

I hit from the right always

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.