Sportscenter "Old School"

Guest Moneyball

Guest Moneyball

it was ok. i like how they went with the old school graphics, set, and jacket idea. but the show left more details out of the game with just showing scores. kilborn started the show slow but picked up at the end. i'd give it a B+.

kilborn

I agree ... this one showed exactly how bad the current one was, and the old clips showed how much better it used to be

was funny when kilborn would make olberman references or talk about how much he didn't like doing baseball highlights

dan patrick is a pro as always ... kilborn seemed to be a little "what am I doing here ....."

but all in all it was very entertaining

they should of brought back olberman.

504155[/snapback]

I don't think they left on amicable terms...

I know he did that FSN sunday night thing, and during that shows run I know I read/heard/saw an interview with a SC personality who was mocking him, and there seemed to be a lot of bad blood there... Now if I could only remember who that was....

Edit: I remembered...I think it was an interview I saw with Olberman, when he was on the Kilbourn show... Olberman was trashing ESPN/SC.... Kilbourn was a little too, but his seemed in jest... Olberman definitely had bad blood towards ESPN, and he probably wouldn't do it...

Guest Juanky

Steiner was great, I miss him. I wish him, Kilborn (if he got a couple more shows I think he'd start being awesome again), and the others would come back for extended stays on the show. It would be beyond awesome. Might be hard for Charlie now, but in the offseason he might be able to do it. I'm not sure what Kilborn or the others are doing now.

Either Olberman or ESPN should swallow their pride (preferably both) and make ammends. Having him back, even for a little while, with either Kilborn or Dan Patrick would be Must See Television. They'd probably gain back alot of the viewers they lost to ESPNews.

Anyone know who else is due up this week? I'm guessing Gumbel will be in there somewhere, and the skinny guy whose name I can't remember at the moment.

Steiner was great, I miss him. I wish him, Kilborn (if he got a couple more shows I think he'd start being awesome again), and the others would come back for extended stays on the show. It would be beyond awesome. Might be hard for Charlie now, but in the offseason he might be able to do it. I'm not sure what Kilborn or the others are doing now.

Either Olberman or ESPN should swallow their pride (preferably both) and make ammends. Having him back, even for a little while, with either Kilborn or Dan Patrick would be Must See Television. They'd probably gain back alot of the viewers they lost to ESPNews.

Anyone know who else is due up this week? I'm guessing Gumbel will be in there somewhere, and the skinny guy whose name I can't remember at the moment.

504176[/snapback]

Ummm doesnt Craig Kilborn have his own late night show on CBS?

Steiner and Ley were awesome last night. I missed the first one with Patrick and Kilborn but I head it wasnt as good as last night.

Steiner=the man

504176[/snapback]

Ummm doesnt Craig Kilborn have his own late night show on CBS?

504258[/snapback]

Yeah, god that show sucks.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.