Who else feels punched in the gut?

Hotcorner

This loss makes me nauseous.

2 hits allowed & the Cards starter leaves the game early, & we still lose.

Things just seem to be breaking the other teams' way instead of ours.

Things just ain't happening the way they did last year.

sigh.... this was a terrific chance to steal game 1 & the bats just refused to do it.

We're hanging on 2 of 3 in almost every series from here on out. This is not the way to make a run.

Forget the playoffs or the world series, I don't need to see the team win it all every year dammit, I just want to see them make a run.

This loss makes me nauseous.

2 hits allowed & the Cards starter leaves the game early, & we still lose.

Things just seem to be breaking the other teams' way instead of ours.

Things just ain't happening the way they did last year.

sigh.... this was a terrific chance to steal game 1 & the bats just refused to do it.

We're hanging on 2 of 3 in almost every series from here on out. This is not the way to make a run.

Forget the playoffs or the world series, I don't need to see the team win it all every year dammit, I just want to see them make a run.

505500[/snapback]

this makes me beyond sick. im ashamed. our world champs have beaten themselves 40+ times this year... our own worst enemy.

Logically, it looks like we are out of both races, but emotionally I find it hard to accept, and am still hopeful that magical run will start.

But for two weeks we have done nothing but give away games we should have won, and the opportunity for the magic to help us is quickly passing.

I have a gut feeling that the team will start to play well just as soon as it is mathematically impossible to do any good.

Eh, you need more than one run to beat the best scoring team in baseball. And considering two pitches separated us from a no-hit win over that team, I'd say we're not so bad. However, our bats need to get it in gear. Lo Duca seems to be carrying the load while Lowell decided that he'd rather hit in the .280s than the .310s.

You are not going to sweep the Cardinals. Hell even getting 2 out of 3 from them before the series started would be difficult but guess what we can still do it.

I wanted 4 of 6 on the homestand and the way I see things -- we can still go 4 out of 6 on the homestand.

You are not going to sweep the Cardinals. Hell even getting 2 out of 3 from them before the series started would be difficult but guess what we can still do it.

I wanted 4 of 6 on the homestand and the way I see things -- we can still go 4 out of 6 on the homestand.

505688[/snapback]

Against the Cards, we have to win when we have the chance. We had all the chances we needed tonight and didn't get the job done. Sure there is always another day, but we may not have as good of an opportunity as tonight.

We can't keep giving games away when we are given a chance to improve in the standings. It's as simple as that.

Guest marlins02

i feel like s***, this has to be the worse loss of the year. we gave up 2 f***ing hits. 2 f***ING HITS!! and we still lose on a night where we shouldve picked up a game on most of the teams in front of in the WC race.

it was disgusting.

atleast it shows that we battled and could've won against the best team. we are playing to the caliber of our opponents. It also shows that we can play against the best and that we are good enough and we make it to the playoffs a lot of teams will be scared becuase of our pitchers. Damn Beckett steped up to the Challenge just like he did last year in the Playoffs.It seems to me that he has to be challenged in order for him to perform at his best. he needs to pitch like that and with consistency and maybe he should just challenge himself to do better everygame and maybe he will begin to take it to the next level and become if not the best one of the best pitchers.

Guest Juanky

well, the braves and phils losing softens the blow just a liiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiil bit......

505825[/snapback]

I think it makes it worse that the Phils, Braves, Cubs, and Giants all lost.

I think it makes it worse that the Phils, Braves, Cubs, and Giants all lost.

Exactly what i was thinking. Everyone that we needed to lose, did lose! If we win, we gain ground in both the division and the WC. I know we didn't lose ground, but at this point, we need to gain some ground.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.