sportscenter suks

Madman81

i already know how it works i watched their 25,000 show. they always mess the marlins up!!! lowells single where he was called luis castillo, i mean they do get to see a screen, and i dont know any white guys named luis!

518246[/snapback]

There are some pretty white hispanics that are probably named luis, or maybe italians.

you have to understand they were doin this off the top of their head... i know we know all the players but this highlight must have just come in

watch "behind sportscenter" next week and you will understand

518237[/snapback]

This is national TV and they are supposed to be professionals, there is no excuse for it. If they don't have some sort of system or protocol in place to deal with highlights which have JUST came in, it's their fault for not having one in the first place and having to rely on doing it off the top of their heads. Also, BBTN and SportsCenter highlights are the same and BBTN got it right, so again, there's no excuse for not being able to get their names right. Once is fine, twice is OKAY, but it seems that EVERY SINGLE NIGHT they mess up the names at at least one Marlins player and this has been going on for a long time now.

you have to understand they were doin this off the top of their head... i know we know all the players but this highlight must have just come in

watch "behind sportscenter" next week and you will understand

518237[/snapback]

ramp is absolutely right. and you cant expect them to know it perfectly, even though they are sportscasters.. all these highlights, especially off games just completed are done on the fly, its amazing enough that they can complete real sentences.

If a news anchor is expected to get everything right even without a teleprompter or info from the IFB, then what excuse does a sportscaster (all he does is give sportscasts) confuse well known and long-standing players on the defending World Champion of the sport their network covers the most?

No they didn't get the clip 8 seconds before. If baseball tonight had plenty of time to cover it, then sportscenter had the clip in plenty of time. They mess up on us way too often. I mean, if you are going to make something a breaking story and lead off your broadcast with it, getting everyone excited in the process, then give us the right information.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.