September 18, 200422 yr It was very frustrating at PPS last night watching the team miss scoring opportunity after scoring opportunity. At one point my kid turned to me and said "they ought to fine them every time they make a first pitch out" which was right on the mark. After Byrd threw about forty pitches in the first inning the Marlins (except Luis Castillo) starting swinging at first pitches like...oh nevermind you get the picture. 563344[/snapback] To be fair, Byrd threw a lot of first pitch strikes. And we did get 13 hits last night. But when the pressure is on and Byrd is getting hit, he starts to go away from that approach. That is when Encarnacion and AGon screwed up. Byrd was on the ropes and instead of forcing Byrd to make his pitches, they panicked and took the first pitch and tried to drive it. That is baseball.
September 18, 200422 yr The idiot who mentioned that we're not true fans because we don't think the Marlins have a realistic chance at winning the Wild Card needs to end his life.
September 18, 200422 yr The White Sox were officially eliminated from the Wild Card tonight... They'll probably be officially dead in the Division race by the end of the weekend. 563204[/snapback] The White Sox were eliminated a looooong time ago. :hanged
September 18, 200422 yr I know we haven't been mathematically eliminated yet, but it will require an unbelievable bit of luck to get to the playoffs. SF has 14 games left, Cubbies and Marlins have 17. So, to win the WC, if we go 12-5 (which would be a near miracle given our pitching shortage), we need: SF to go 5-9 Cubs to go 7-10 Astros to go 7-7 It's not unimaginable, but given our schedule, and AJ's injury, don't count on it. :elefant
September 18, 200422 yr I know we haven't been mathematically eliminated yet, but it will require an unbelievable bit of luck to get to the playoffs. SF has 14 games left, Cubbies and Marlins have 17. So, to win the WC, if we go 12-5 (which would be a near miracle given our pitching shortage), we need: SF to go 5-9 Cubs to go 7-10 Astros to go 7-7 It's not unimaginable, but given our schedule, and AJ's injury, don't count on it. :elefant 563485[/snapback] Crazier things have happened.
September 18, 200422 yr In such a short time frame, anything can happen. We COULD go 14-3 or 15-2. I don't care who's starting. You know, sometimes you flip a coin 10 times, and every time it comes up heads. In poker you can go heads up with the weaker hand 5 times in a row, and win every time. That's what we need to do. It's gonna take a few bounces, and we'll have to play well, but we can go 14-3, and that can be enough to win the wild card.
September 18, 200422 yr The idiot who mentioned that we're not true fans because we don't think the Marlins have a realistic chance at winning the Wild Card needs to end his life. 563440[/snapback] Why dont you lead by example.
September 18, 200422 yr SEASON IS NOT OVER!! I BELIEVE IT :notworthy If now why being up every nigh till late to watch the Marlins!! No way, it's NOT over
September 19, 200422 yr The Padres beat the Giants today and the Cubs are up 3-1 in the 6th over the Reds. Hopefully we won't lose anymore ground...
September 19, 200422 yr The Marlins season is definity over. I didn't expect them to get even this close, after getting rid of our two best hitters last year, Ivan Rodriguez and Derrek Lee. We might as well be the Pittsburgh Pirates with no name hitters, our best hitter is a rookie Miguel Cabrara. The only thing that got us this far was our pitching. I will keep saying this we need veteran hitters. I was so mad with the Marlins when they past up on getting Admin Walker. He would have been the key player we needed to get to the playoff.
September 19, 200422 yr In such a short time frame, anything can happen.? We COULD go 14-3 or 15-2.? I don't care who's starting.? You know, sometimes you flip a coin 10 times, and every time it comes up heads.? In poker you can go heads up with the weaker hand 5 times in a row, and win every time.? That's what we need to do.? It's gonna take a few bounces, and we'll have to play well, but we can go 14-3, and that can be enough to win the wild card. 563556[/snapback] Flipping a coin is 100% luck. Playing a baseball game is skill thus you cannot luck your way through it. If I am wrong, great...but we are not going 14-2. I am just worried we go 2-14 because the coin may always land for the other team
September 19, 200422 yr In such a short time frame, anything can happen. We COULD go 14-3 or 15-2. I don't care who's starting. You know, sometimes you flip a coin 10 times, and every time it comes up heads. 563556[/snapback] Unfortunately, tonight we got tails for the second flip in a row.
September 19, 200422 yr After tonight's loss....yes,I did lose a lot of hope.But I am still going to wait until the very last game is played until I lose *all* of it !!
September 19, 200422 yr The Marlins season is definity over. I didn't expect them to get even this close, after getting rid of our two best hitters last year, Ivan Rodriguez and Derrek Lee. We might as well be the Pittsburgh Pirates with no name hitters, our best hitter is a rookie Miguel Cabrara. The only thing that got us this far was our pitching. I will keep saying this we need veteran hitters. I was so mad with the Marlins when they past up on getting Admin Walker. He would have been the key player we needed to get to the playoff. 563913[/snapback] :lol :lol :lol I agree that it is probably over but that's hilarious dawg.
September 19, 200422 yr In such a short time frame, anything can happen.? We COULD go 14-3 or 15-2.? I don't care who's starting.? You know, sometimes you flip a coin 10 times, and every time it comes up heads.? In poker you can go heads up with the weaker hand 5 times in a row, and win every time.? That's what we need to do.? It's gonna take a few bounces, and we'll have to play well, but we can go 14-3, and that can be enough to win the wild card. 563556[/snapback] Flipping a coin is 100% luck. Playing a baseball game is skill thus you cannot luck your way through it. If I am wrong, great...but we are not going 14-2. I am just worried we go 2-14 because the coin may always land for the other team 563938[/snapback] Well, people often say that the baseball playoffs are pretty much a crapshoot. Whichever team is hot at the time, whichever team gets the bounces, they win. I would argue that in a short time frame, luck and timing are more important than skill. I mean the freaking Devil Rays won like 12 games in a row this season, and they pretty much still suck. Over the course of a season, you can't luck your way into the playoffs. Things even out in the long run. But for 16-17 games, you don't know what the hell's going to happen. Taking tonight as an example, that ump calls the fella out on the pickoff move, and we might have won that game.
September 19, 200422 yr The season isn't over yet we can come back and win. Take the Clevland Indians for example didn't they come from like 17 runs trailing in a game to win it in only like 2 innings. None thought it could be done and it was. I don't think nothings impossible.
September 19, 200422 yr My opinion: It dosen't look good right now but if you have seen all of the Marlins seasons before than you have to believe that they can do it. They have to get a big winning streak going is one thing that they need to do. They have to beat the teams infront of them whenever they get the chance also. They also need help from other teams now to beat the teams infront of them. The hard thing about this is that there are just too many teams to beat now...There are a few teams ahead of us...so we need to close in on just 1 or 2 teams. We really need to step up and play like its October and if not than we will not make it. The Marlins always take it down to the end like the Canes do a lot.
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.