Season over

JetsMania

It was a fun season. We fought back from 7 back at the end of august to make it 2 games, but after losing 3 of the last 4 games and the giants winning theirs, the season has ended. Hopefully we resign everyone so we can have a good year next year.

563102[/snapback]

I agree. I am not closing the door but being realistic.

1. Time is running out.

2. It is probably best that AJ sits out the rest of the season than try to squeeze in a start or two.

3. I believe we need to go 14-3 the rest of the way to do it.

4. The bottom line is that w/o any days off we need 5 starters. This means that Valdez and #5 pitch 2-3 times each.

It was a fun season. We fought back from 7 back at the end of august to make it 2 games, but after losing 3 of the last 4 games and the giants winning theirs, the season has ended. Hopefully we resign everyone so we can have a good year next year.

563102[/snapback]

I walked out of the double header loss to lowly Montreal realizing our chances to make the playoffs went to just about nil. There was a woman next to me almost in tears over it. Even Jack mentioned after the game our playoff chances were on life support.

I really didn't expect a big performance from a single A pitcher against the Braves, so last night's loss was expected as well. Kensing did the best he could, and he may be a solid major league pitcher some day, but why the organization would bring him up in the middle of a playoff race is beyond me. Kensing, Small, Bump, Howard....we placed our playoff hopes on the backs of these pitchers......

The team made such a great run to get within 2 games...but they hit a wall and ran out of gas. I attribute much of it to the anxiety caused by the hurricanes....missed games, upside down schedule, double headers, no days off.......

Now we need a miracle, and meltdown by the Giants and Cubs, to get back into it. Anything is possible, so I'll continue to keep my fingers crossed.

it was an awsome year. i saw the team thru good and bad, and saw them celebrate their wins and groan over losses. we aquired new players and saw how they settled into the team. we saw the team from 7 games away to 2 games, but now the season is over. the Fish fought but the odds of catching up is pretty slim.theres no other team like them, who play from the heart and whose clubhouse is so friendly. to my favorite team, better luck next year, i cant wait to see the first game!

The two low point of the year are the DH loss to montreal and that month span in july where we were a .500 team. Had we done a little better in that stretch, we might be in the wild card lead. Atleast we know whats its like to be a fan of a normal team this year. You are in the mix till the end, and sometimes you make it and sometimes you dont. Unlike years past when by mid august, we all swtiched to football mode.

Lets resign the key players and we should be in good shape for next year.

Look, this is the same sentiment, but much more dramatic, that plagued people here last year. We were 10 games under .500. The Marlins answered by being the best team in baseball after that. The Giants series. The Cubs series. And eventually, against the World Series with New York. Everytime people doubted this team - and a lot of its own fans doubted them.

If for nothing else than the players, you need to believe in them. These guys wont quit. I believe that this team is still going to find a way. You will see it tonight. This team doesnt quit. This team will find a way. I called it last season. I am hoping for it this season. Either way, I believe in this team.

Count me in. And up the ante.

I have to admit even I lost some hope after last night. However, I ain't done believing.

I still think we can do this. Lets Go Fish! Time for a miracle run to close the season.

What we need is to score runs.

I felt sorry for Kensing last night. By third inning we should have had four runs, not one. Any team that has 13 hits and SCORES ONE RUN deserves to lose.

It was a pathetic loss but it won't stop me from going to every game this weekend, Monday and Thursday.

There's no question losing AJ took the wind out of their sails. As Beinfest said, he tried to trade for another starting pitcher but every team he contacted, knowing their situaton wanted them to succumb to highway robbery.

But til the end I still say...

Go Fish !!!

Exactly. You get 13 hits and one run, you deserve to lose that game. It is unfortunate, and the Braves lucked out once again. But they only play well enough not to lose games and depend on other teams trying to do too much.

It the Marlins are going to win, they are going to have to play loose and with nothing to lose. The chips are down, but we are not out yet.

It was very frustrating at PPS last night watching the team miss scoring opportunity after scoring opportunity. At one point my kid turned to me and said "they ought to fine them every time they make a first pitch out" which was right on the mark. After Byrd threw about forty pitches in the first inning the Marlins (except Luis Castillo) starting swinging at first pitches like...oh nevermind you get the picture.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.