Hired By The Colorado Rockies

El Guapo

For the second time in my life i have a signed a contract with with the Colorado Rockies,the first time was when i signed out of UF my junior year and played for 2 years in the minors,and this time i have been hired to be the new Scout for south florida...i cant wait to start signing all the great talent that comes out of south florida,alot of these kids have some much talent but never get to show it...am gonna make sure that changes so we can get a lot more locals into the majors....

Well done. Go Gators!!!

Any interest in scouting me...I've got a wicked 30 mph fastball. On alternate Wednesdays I can almost throw it over the plate even.

565471[/snapback]

wow 30mph...your a natural..ill make sure to PM you so we can meet up at a park so i clock you to let them know i not bullsh*ting about that heater...

Good news! Congrats! If the kid isn't ready to to make the jump to the pros send him to Gainesville. Just make sure they don't end up at fsu or um.

Hey man that's cool. My best friend plays for Southwest Sr. High....You should check him out. His name is Oscar Jarquin. He can hit and he plays SS like a pro. You should check him out. I think he deserves it. I mean I don't know if me telling you this is any good. But hey It's worth a try. By the way he is a junior.

565670[/snapback]

Are you his agent? :D :thumbup

That is so awesome.

So when the Rockies are in town, you'll go to Marlins games the week before to scout them sitting directly behind homeplate where all the other scouts are or are you strictly supposed to look for new talent? That's really awesome man, congrats.

Just curious, but what do teams look for when hiring scouts? Do they basically only hire former minor/major league players or is there some sort of degree you're supposed to get... how's it work? I've always wanted to get a job and be involved in professional baseball in some way, but I suck too much to play :lol .

Again, congratulations.