Phils vs Marlins - 9/22 @ 7:05pm

QuickGold

Don't crucify me if I'm not supposed to do this but I didn't see a game thread for today's game and it's allready 4pm so I thought I'd take the initiative.

vs.

E. Milton --- L. Kensing

13-4 - Record - 0-2

4.81 -- ERA -- 11.57

147 --- K ------ 2

70 ---- BB ----- 5

39 ---- HR ---- 3

Yahoo! Sports Game Preview

The Florida Marlins dashed the Philadelphia Phillies' playoff hopes last season. The Phillies are trying to return the favor this year.

The Phillies will again try to hamper the Marlins' postseason chances when they meet in the middle game of their series at Pro Player Stadium.

Philadelphia had lost 14 straight games in Miami before winning 4-2 on Tuesday. Cory Lidle took a no-hitter into the seventh inning to help the Phillies improve to 2-11 against the Marlins this season.

``It hasn't been fun here for a while,'' Phillies left fielder Pat Burrell said.

The Phillies had been swept four series in a row at Pro Player Stadium since their last win in Miami on April 2, 2003. One of the sweeps came in the final week of the 2003 regular season, ending their bid for a postseason berth and propelling the Marlins toward the NL wild card and a World Series title.

With Tuesday's loss, the Marlins' chances to repeat last season's feats took another serious blow. Florida, which has lost four of its last six, is 5 1/2 games behind the wild-card-leading San Francisco Giants and also trails three other teams.

``Hole or no hole, we'll take it one game at a time,'' Marlins center fielder Juan Pierre said. ``We're in a position where looking up does us no good.''

Considering the way the Marlins have dominated the Phillies over the past two seasons, Philadelphia manager Admin Bowa was more than happy to dampen Florida's fading playoff hopes.

``It's good that we won, plus it pushes them a little bit away from the wild card,'' Bowa said. ``They've had their way with us.''

The Phillies have won two straight following a stretch in which they dropped four of five.

Stat of the Day:

Jeff Conine vs. Eric Milton

.800 AVG, 5 RBI, 2 HR (10 At Bats)

Blackru fish, shouldnt your sig say "i am underperforming, so i will blame my ERA on my shortstop who has undoubtedly saved me from tons of runs and hits"?

568932[/snapback]

Haha :D Funny.

Perhaps it should, but it doesn't.

I guess someone has to support our players.

My sig refers his Complete Games, but also might show that I believe he will finish what he has started. A lot of fans here think he's had his best already (but which I believe is only the begining).

We shall see.

If he left next season to the Yankees or something like that I will remove it very quickly, I can assure you.