Play the KIDS!!!!

Teal Shadow

First I like to say I'm so proud of this team and what its done this year. I've had alot of fun watching them. Though its painfully obvious that this team is tried and crawling to the finish line. So its time to see what we have down on the farm.

Willingham, Josh Wilson, Franklin Gracesqui, Joe Dillon...etc. We need to know what we have. I'm not go and put a Triple A team on the field, but work them into the line-up or bullpen rotation.

Thank you Marlins for a great season of joy and happiness.

First I like to say I'm so proud of this team and what its done this year. I've had alot of fun watching them. Though its painfully obvious that this team is tried and crawling to the finish line. So its time to see what we have down on the farm.

Willingham, Josh Wilson, Franklin Gracesqui, Joe Dillon...etc. We need to know what we have. I'm not go and put a Triple A team on the field, but work them into the line-up or bullpen rotation.

Thank you Marlins for a great season of joy and happiness.

568883[/snapback]

We have LoDuca, and Mike Lowell. I say they trade Wilson and Dillion for something. I dont want 15 minor leaguers on this team.

Kensing's a kid & they're certainly playing him.

Lot of good that's doing him....

568922[/snapback]

I disagree that this time for him isn't good. I think this will prove to be very valuable experience.

568922[/snapback]

I disagree that this time for him isn't good. I think this will prove to be very valuable experience.

568936[/snapback]

I agree if he had only had that one start, I think it might have hurt him, but with having several starts the experience he is getting is good for him. I look forward to see how he progesses in AA next year

568922[/snapback]

568936[/snapback]

I agree if he had only had that one start, I think it might have hurt him, but with having several starts the experience he is getting is good for him. I look forward to see how he progesses in AA next year

568943[/snapback]

I was puzzled by bringing up Kensing while we were in the middle of the wild card hunt. But at this point, I would be more puzzled why we would go to a 4 man rotation and risk injury to our starters. Kensing has good stuff, but lacks control, and throws the occassional mistake pitch over the middle of the plate. Why not give Kensing additional starts to help him refine his control?

I also agree with giving the Josh's a shot in a few games as well.

Face it, if we lose the game tonight, we are completely out of the race. Best to just relax and enjoy the remaining games of the season.

why are you people so high on willingham? what did he do when he was up here?

568923[/snapback]

:plain

condsidering he only got 25 at-bats and only played about once a week while he was here I'd say he did pretty well. How about you take a look at his minor league numbers this year and you'll see why so many people are so high on him.

I agree with some of you guys that Kensing should stay in the rotation to finish the season. We dont need to risk any further injury to our pitchers and give AJ the rest of the season off - he did come back early anyway.

I too would like to see some of the young guys play - but I want us to win some games first. Here is what I propose:

JP

Aguila (RF)

Conine

Lowell

Cabrera

Easley (2B)

Mordy (SS) [or bring up Wilson]

Treanor/Red (give Lo duca about 3 days off)

P

I agree with some of you guys that Kensing should stay in the rotation to finish the season. We dont need to risk any further injury to our pitchers and give AJ the rest of the season off - he did come back early anyway.

I too would like to see some of the young guys play - but I want us to win some games first. Here is what I propose:

JP

Aguila (RF)

Conine

Lowell

Cabrera

Easley (2B)

P

569150[/snapback]

What's the point of playing Easley/Mordy/Treanor/Red? Playing veteran bench players won't do us any good, we might as well play our regulars.

I agree with some of you guys that Kensing should stay in the rotation to finish the season.? We dont need to risk any further injury to our pitchers and give AJ the rest of the season off - he did come back early anyway.

I too would like to see some of the young guys play - but I want us to win some games first.? Here is what I propose:

JP

Aguila (RF)

Conine

Lowell

Cabrera

Easley (2B)

P

569150[/snapback]

What's the point of playing Easley/Mordy/Treanor/Red? Playing veteran bench players won't do us any good, we might as well play our regulars.

569191[/snapback]

Because, right now our team is tired. That means the starters are really tired because they have not had a day off in a loooonnnnnggg time. So you play the backups to give the starters a rest. Plus, it is good to get these guys into games since they have been with us all season and have been very professional. Give the starters some rest, win some games, clinch 2nd place and see what happens with the WC. THEN think about putting in the younger players to get some PT and see what they can do.

I agree with some of you guys that Kensing should stay in the rotation to finish the season.? We dont need to risk any further injury to our pitchers and give AJ the rest of the season off - he did come back early anyway.

I too would like to see some of the young guys play - but I want us to win some games first.? Here is what I propose:

JP

Aguila (RF)

Conine

Lowell

Cabrera

Easley (2B)

P

569150[/snapback]

569191[/snapback]

Because, right now our team is tired. That means the starters are really tired because they have not had a day off in a loooonnnnnggg time. So you play the backups to give the starters a rest. Plus, it is good to get these guys into games since they have been with us all season and have been very professional. Give the starters some rest, win some games, clinch 2nd place and see what happens with the WC. THEN think about putting in the younger players to get some PT and see what they can do.

569242[/snapback]

you realize we only have 11 games left right? We're out of it, we might as well, give the young guys a chance and see what they can do for these last 11 games.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.