Use of Choi in September

Admin

SEP 01 @ARI

SEP 04 @SLN

SEP 05 @SLN

SEP 14 SDN

SEP 21 @SDN

In those 5 games, he has 11 combined AB's.

How can the Dodger fans bitch about him when he isn't even given a chance? He has 50 something AB's TOTAL with L.A.

569593[/snapback]

sad when your managers puts in Robin Ventura over you

When the trade was made I said it was a smart move by DePodesta, and I still think it was but it was stupid to make a trade for someone if your manager wasn't going to play him. This should've been discussed with Tracy beforehand. Choi was never given a chance in LA, and it's dissapointing because he was doing a fine job here despite what most people on this board think.

When the trade was made I said it was a smart move by DePodesta, and I still think it was but it was stupid to make a trade for someone if your manager wasn't going to play him. This should've been discussed with Tracy beforehand. Choi was never given a chance in LA, and it's dissapointing because he was doing a fine job here despite what most people on this board think.

569667[/snapback]

Well said.

Aside from April, Choi has been a flop. Look at what Ruben Sierra, Damion Easley and Lenny Harris have done with their limited AB's this year.

572030[/snapback]

For the month of June he had an OPS of .868 (above-average for his position). And he followed that month up with a solid .800+ OPS July. Barring a huge collapse Choi will end up with 40 more points of OPS than Paul LoDuca, and over a 100 points over Encarnacion. From a player in his second year in the majors I'd say that was a pretty good year. What about you?

If we had Choi batting in the lineup ahead of Lowell and Cabrera, we'd have an offense capable enough to keep us in the wild card and NL East race.

For the month of June he had an OPS of .868 (above-average for his position). And he followed that month up with a solid .800+ OPS July. Barring a huge collapse Choi will end up with 40 more points of OPS than Paul LoDuca, and over a 100 points over Encarnacion. From a player in his second year in the majors I'd say that was a pretty good year. What about you?

If we had Choi batting in the lineup ahead of Lowell and Cabrera, we'd have an offense capable enough to keep us in the wild card and NL East race.

572470[/snapback]

His OPS, much like all his stats, have been dropping steadily since July.

BA:

July 3: .278

September 27: .251

OPS:

July 3: .929

September 27: .820

SLG %

July 3: .528

September 27: .450

OBP

July 3: .402

September 27: .370

All his stats have been in a free fall since July and basically, he's just been resting on the laurels of a good first few months.

Thus the point of the thread.

574334[/snapback]

The point of the thread was, I believe, that Choi hadn;t been getting alot of work in September and my contention was he shouldn't get any because he sucks.

574484[/snapback]

No, the point of the thread is that you can't say he sucks if you're not giving him playing time to prove himself.

No, the point of the thread is that you can't say he sucks if you're not giving him playing time to prove himself.

574737[/snapback]

He had as close to an everyday role as you can get in July & August and his numbers were nothing close to his numbers in April. He's been in a tailspin since July and I dont blame Tracy for not playing him. Frankly, I think the numbers I posted in an earlier post in this thread speak for itself.

Since moving out to LA he has played about 3 days a week and has done nothing. I'll give you that.

However he was a hyped prospect for the CUbs who performed well before getting injured and finding himself behind Dusty Baker's veterans. He was performing well here and Bill Robinson was working with him to become more of a contact hitter.

Choi's present career path follows a long line of all-star sluggers. Troy Glaus, Nick Johnson and Richard Sexson. I'd hardly say he's been a flop and can never reach the level of Derrek Lee.