Len just wrote to me about Chicago

Admin

sorry, but what does everyone have against the Cubs?

617885[/snapback]

The same reason that everyone here loves the Red Sox. They're irrational.

617920[/snapback]

I've always loved the Red Sox. And I've hated the Cubs for quite some time now. I just started really hating them when I saw and met their very unclassy fans.

618241[/snapback]

LOL...you obviously don't know your own Sox fanbase then, have you ever lived in Boston?

I started hating the Cubs in June of 2003, when the Lowell to Chicago talk started. Their fans were a little too arrogant for my taste. The NLCS made them our newest rival, and it looks like it'll be an exciting one we'll get to experience 6 or 7 times a year :thumbdown .

But anyway, this stings more than losing Pavano or Benitez or LoDuca IMO. Len Kasper is bar none the best play-by-play broadcaster in baseball, and at 33-years-old has QUITE a future ahead of him. I don't care how much I hate the Cubs, I know WGN is going to get some much higher rating in South Florida because of that man. He's a great person with a lot of character and a lot of integrity, and will be absolutely missed.

BUT, on the flip side, maybe Loria or Samson will be giving me a call soon to be the new go-to guy in the booth. It might be a slight step-up from Varsity baseball games, but I think I can handle it. :cool

Congrats to the guy. Best reason to take that job: WGN. Not because Chicago>Miami. WGN is all over the country and its tough to pass up on that exposure.

618567[/snapback]

I agree, but i think the fact that hes from the midwest also had to do something with it. Who could blame him for leaving? He goes to WGN, a great opportunity for him, and is now closer to his hometown and family.