MLB, MLBPA and *gasp* Yankees show class

Guest Moneyball

Guest Moneyball

MLB and the PA will donate 1M to relief efforts. The Yankees will also donate another million and whatever money they make on Opening Day to tsunami relief.

-ESPNEWS very classy move by all parties

MLB should donate the Rockies.

649782[/snapback]

Or the Cubs :notworthy

649783[/snapback]

The NBA should throw in the Clippers and the NFL could toss in the Cards and the NHL might as well ship everyone over there.

Hey at least the people would have something to escape from reality with.

Should I add Bush came out and said whoever donates gets tax breaks? Oh just helping out those big, rich businesses you know.

649766[/snapback]

This man can do no right in you people's eyes.

Suppose he didn't say that. I bet you'd be pissed about that.

Should I add Bush came out and said whoever donates gets tax breaks? Oh just helping out those big, rich businesses you know.

649766[/snapback]

This man can do no right in you people's eyes.

Suppose he didn't say that. I bet you'd be pissed about that.

651151[/snapback]

I never said it was a bad thing, just letting people know that there is incentive for those who can afford it to donate.

Imagine, letting people know all the facts of what is going on. :mischief2

i thought the yankees wouldnt have had the "heart" to donate money all because of their selfishness so im not surprised about the money but about the fact that they actually "gave out" their precious money to people who need it more than they ever will

650213[/snapback]

Seeing as the Yankees and George Steinbrenner are one of the most charitable groups, Id say this is pretty assanine.

Whether you like the Yankees or not in the baseball world, dont question their heart. It makes you look dumb.

Seeing as the Yankees and George Steinbrenner are one of the most charitable groups, Id say this is pretty assanine.

Whether you like the Yankees or not in the baseball world, dont question their heart. It makes you look dumb.

I completely agree. I think it is amazing that the Yankees are doing this. How many other teams do we see donating money. The Red Sox could easily do it too.......