Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

MarlinsBaseball.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

WHAT A TEAM!!!

Featured Replies

1-Pierre (CF)

2-Castillo (2B)

3-Cabrera (RF)

4-Delgado (1B)

5-Lowell (3B)

6-LoDuca ©

7-Conine (1B)

8-Gonzalez (SS)

 

Bench:

Chris Aguila

Damion Easley

Lenny Harris

Josh Willingham/ small Delgado

Treanor/DiFelice

 

1-Burnett

2-Beckett

3-Willis

4-Leiter

5-Valdes

 

Bullpen:

Spooneybarger

Jones

Alfonseca

Mota

Reidling

Perisho

Howard/Bump

 

WHAT A SQUAD!!!

1-Pierre (CF)

2-Castillo (2B)

3-Cabrera (RF)

4-Delgado (1B)

5-Lowell (3B)

6-LoDuca ?

7-Conine (1B)

8-Gonzalez (SS)

 

Bench:

Chris Aguila

Damion Easley

Lenny Harris

Josh Willingham/ small Delgado

Treanor/DiFelice

 

1-Burnett

2-Beckett

3-Willis

4-Leiter

5-Valdes

 

Bullpen:

Spooneybarger

Jones

Alfonseca

Mota

Reidling

Perisho

Howard/Bump

 

WHAT A SQUAD!!!

667287[/snapback]

 

Is spoony going to be 100%?

We have two first basemen? :o

667291[/snapback]

 

Well Pierre covers a lot of ground .. so we don't really NEED a LF.

 

We don't want Delgado getting injured, so it's better to play two first basemen at the same time.

I suspect beinfest has already been negotiating trades for enc. Probably now that other clubs see the delgado singing went through, beinfest will start finalizing a deal

Is spoony going to be 100%?

667294[/snapback]

With a bullpen that deep, does it matter?

Hopefully we trade conine instead of encarnacion but who would want conine?? :confused

667422[/snapback]

I should kill you for that comment. :thumbdown

We don't need to trade anyone. Delgado was said to only be paid $4 million in 2005.

667434[/snapback]

:mischief2

 

$7M left - $4M for Delgado + $4.5 Enc = Magglio Ordonez?

We don't need to trade anyone. Delgado was said to only be paid $4 million in 2005.

667434[/snapback]

:mischief2

 

$7M left - $4M for Delgado + $4.5 Enc = Magglio Ordonez?

667448[/snapback]

:whistle :thumbup

Who said we still had 7 million left??

 

I think we can rest assured that our big signings are done for this year. We broke the bank for Delgado, but it sure as hell has got me excited.

 

We really don't need to do a thing with our offense, it has a really nice look as it is.

 

1-6 is flat out dominant. Juan and Louis are gonna make pitchers work and get on base, then after that all hell breaks loose. Loduca is a damn good 6 hitter, ditto for Conine at 7, then Alex can hold is own in the 8 hole. Pitchers are gonna have a hard time with our guys because every one of them can wait for his pitch with the exception of Gonzalez. These are clutch hitters that will produce big for us.

 

Our Starting staff is great, and our bullpen is deep. The only concern is whether or not Mota can close, which I think he will be able to. Even if he can't, at least we have some guys that have done it before.

It was reported the Marlins will have a $70 salary cap this year (including Pudge and Hampton). They are up to $67 milllion with the Delgado signing.

This is how I think it should look.

 

1-Pierre (CF)

2-Castillo (2B)

3-Cabrera (RF)

4-Delgado (1B)

5-Lowell (3B)

6-LoDuca ©

7-Conine (1B)

8-Gonzalez (SS)

 

Bench:

Chris Aguila

Damion Easley

W. Delgado/Josh Wilson

Joe Dillon

Treanor/DiFelice

 

1-Burnett

2-Leiter

3-Beckett

4-Willis

5-Valdes

 

Bullpen:

Spooneybarger

Jones

Alfonseca

Mota

Reidling

Perisho

Bump

 

Notice I left Willingham off. With the Delgado signing and Lo Duca re-signing, he's pretty much out of luck. I say stick him in Albuquerque, he'll put up monster numbers and should be very valuable come the trade deadline.(Billy Beane would give up anything to get Willingham.) I would also try to pickup a cheap outfielder who plays good defense to come off the bench, in the Enc/Stokes deal if at all possible. Enc would be the perfect 4th outfielder, but I think we'll need the money come trade deadline time so we can't be spending that much money for a 4th outfielder. If we were to pick up another outfielder I might think about going with only 6 bullpen pitchers and go with 6 on the bench.

It was reported the Marlins will have a $70 salary cap this year (including Pudge and Hampton). They are up to $67 milllion with the Delgado signing.

667496[/snapback]

If I were Beinfest I would save that for mid-season to get any trades done for Playoff Race purposes.

I wonder how that jumped up so high. . .. . I would have to say that they must be getting some good info on the stadium to expand the salary that much.

 

 

Even so, I would probably side with Capefish and opt to open the season with our lineup as is, then we can see what we need in the course of the year.

Our lineup is one of the best in the league

1. JP- Speed Kills

2. LOUIs- speed kills

3.LOduca-average in the 3 hole owns

4 DELGADO-(Perfect power man)

5. CABS -Performs at his best in the 5 slot)

6. LOwell-Vetern with Clutch power and average)7

7. Conine- Vetern can hold his own

8. Gonzo- look for a big year from him beacuse alot of hitting pressure is off of him

 

Im debating, what are your thoghts on putting Cabs at 3 and loduca at 6 bumping up lowell to the 5

 

mid lineup looks like 3. cabs 4. delgado 5. lowel 6. Lo duca

You have the choice of Pitching to the ever so dangerous cabs or Delgado

I think it should be:

 

1. Pierre

2. Duca

3. Cabs

4. Delgado

5. Lowell

6. Castillo

7. Conine

8. Gonzalez

 

trade ENC.

  • Author

Hopefully we trade conine instead of encarnacion but who would want conine?? :confused

667422[/snapback]

I should kill you for that comment. :thumbdown

667431[/snapback]

 

UNBELIVABLE! Just wow...

Hopefully we trade conine instead of encarnacion but who would want conine?? :confused

667422[/snapback]

I should kill you for that comment. :thumbdown

667431[/snapback]

 

UNBELIVABLE! Just wow...

667593[/snapback]

 

 

i cant believe that post....Never trade mr.marlin

1. Pierre

2. Castillo

3. Cabrera

4. Delgado

5. Lowell

6. Lo Duca

7. Encarnacion/Conine

8. Gonzo

 

 

 

I think we should stick with the speed kills mentality at the top of the order, bring in the big power hitters in the middle, and then end with some decent pop at the end. 1-5 I think we have one of the top 5-6 lineups in all of baseball.

 

We are a 5 tool team.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.