Can we dethrone the Braves?

Accord

The Braves lineup is the worst in the division, IMO

667765[/snapback]

don't forget you guys play in the same division with the Expos/ Nationals. Take away them and the offenses are pretty balanced. The team with the best pitching will win the division, and that belongs to the Braves

YOu guys have a great shot at the Wild Card though, and the third time will be a charm for us.

667765[/snapback]

don't forget you guys play in the same division with the Expos/ Nationals

667766[/snapback]

The Braves lineup is probably betters than the Nats but I still like the lineup they've created..

1. Chavez (L)

2. Vidro (S)

3. Wilkerson (L)

4. Guillen

5. Johnson (L)

6. Castilla

7. Guzman (S)

8. Schneider (L)

I'm also a fan of Chavez and Wilkerson

We have a much better offense then the Braves.

Our pitching staffs are equal.. ill tilt them towards the braves.

Bullpens are equal.. I don't see how you can say the Braves bullpen is better.. they lost Cruz and Alfonseca and gained Gabe White? plus we own Kolb.

and Delgado owns Hudson.

667765[/snapback]

don't forget you guys play in the same division with the Expos/ Nationals

667766[/snapback]

The Braves lineup is probably betters than the Nats but I still like the lineup they've created..

1. Chavez (L)

2. Vidro (S)

3. Wilkerson (L)

4. Guillen

5. Johnson (L)

6. Castilla

7. Guzman (S)

8. Schneider (L)

I'm also a fan of Chavez and Wilkerson

667778[/snapback]

considering what they had last year, that's a huge improvement, but they still have a long ways to go.

What's interesting about the NL East is that it keeps on going from being one of the tougheset divisions in baseball to being one of the weakest. Last year it sucked, two years ago it was the best in baseball, three years ago it was in the middle, four years ago it sucked, etc. This is definetly an up year for the division. The Wild Card will come out of this division (and we'll get revenge for either 97/03 or 2000)

We have a much better offense then the Braves.

Our pitching staffs are equal.. ill tilt them towards the braves.

Bullpens are equal.. I don't see how you can say the Braves bullpen is better.. they lost Cruz and Alfonseca and gained Gabe White? plus we own Kolb.

and Delgado owns Hudson.

667787[/snapback]

by position, the Braves are better offensively at catcher, second, short, and center

No pitching staff in the NL comes close to the Braves. Hudson teamming up with Leo Mazzone? He'll be unhittable. Smoltz back in the rotation is a huge boost, Thomson had a great year, Ramirez is a really good young pitcher, and Hampton is decent (although he still hasn't recovered from his years in Colorado)

Don't forget every year people predict the Braves NL East Dynasty to end, and every year it continues. Expect 2005 to be no different.

The key to us beating the Braves will be the health of Beckett and Burnett. If they both stay healthy I think this is the year we take over the division!? :D

667806[/snapback]

Even a healthy Beckett and Burnett doesn't come close to Hudson and Smoltz

667808[/snapback]

I think a healthy Burnett and Beckett contend with any dual in the NL, let alone MLB. They have the stuff to be top pitchers in this league, but injuries and youthfulness has been the biggest flaws of this tandem.

As long as this team stays healthy, they should be right up there with the Braves this season. IMO, with the addition of Delgado, a somewhat revamped bullpen, and the continued growth of Burnett, Beckett and Cabrera, the Marlins will win there first division title. I just think we have a complete lineup, and Im worried about other teams when JP and/or Luis get on, and they have to deal with Cabrera, Delgado, then Lowell.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.