Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

MarlinsBaseball.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

ESPN.com Poll

Featured Replies

The question is which do you consider the single-season home run champion?

 

61 Maris 46%

 

 

66 Sammy 4%

 

 

70 McGwire 17%

 

 

73 Bonds 33%

 

Thats with 60,000 votes so far

 

Results kind of surprised me...What do you guys think?

In light of all the roids stuff, I gotta go with Maris.

Well.. technically, even tho Sosa probably did juice, he is the only one out of McGwire, Bonds and Sammy who aren't directly linked to roids.

Well.. technically, even tho Sosa probably did juice, he is the only one out of McGwire, Bonds and Sammy who aren't directly linked to roids.

682200[/snapback]

*cough* Cork *cought*

 

Maris, baby.

Bonds.

 

Last time I checked 73>61.

682193[/snapback]

 

Getting 61 the honest way > Getting 73 by cheating and using steroids

All Maris did was hit the ball down the right field line, which is shorter than my middle school field was by 3 feet. I respect his accomplishment, but not that much. Bonds not only hit homers, he absolutely dimolished them. I actually don't think Bonds took a blatant steroid product, and even if he did, like Mark Grace once said of Sosa, "Instead of going 500 feet, his homers would go 480."

 

I don't believe McGuire juiced, either. I actually think Sosa was the only one fo those three that roided up.

All Maris did was hit the ball down the right field line, which is shorter than my middle school field was by 3 feet. I respect his accomplishment, but not that much. Bonds not only hit homers, he absolutely dimolished them. I actually don't think Bonds took a blatant steroid product, and even if he did, like Mark Grace once said of Sosa, "Instead of going 500 feet, his homers would go 480."

682923[/snapback]

I think it's more, instead of going 500 feet, they would go 495.

If you start putting asterisks next to players, the single season home run record becomes 54 (Ralph Kiner in 1949)

All Maris did was hit the ball down the right field line, which is shorter than my middle school field was by 3 feet. I respect his accomplishment, but not that much. Bonds not only hit homers, he absolutely dimolished them. I actually don't think Bonds took a blatant steroid product, and even if he did, like Mark Grace once said of Sosa, "Instead of going 500 feet, his homers would go 480."

682923[/snapback]

I think it's more, instead of going 500 feet, they would go 495.

If you start putting asterisks next to players, the single season home run record becomes 54 (Ralph Kiner in 1949)

683305[/snapback]

why wouldnt it be Hank Greenberg or Babe Ruth?

All Maris did was hit the ball down the right field line, which is shorter than my middle school field was by 3 feet. I respect his accomplishment, but not that much. Bonds not only hit homers, he absolutely dimolished them. I actually don't think Bonds took a blatant steroid product, and even if he did, like Mark Grace once said of Sosa, "Instead of going 500 feet, his homers would go 480."

682923[/snapback]

I think it's more, instead of going 500 feet, they would go 495.

If you start putting asterisks next to players, the single season home run record becomes 54 (Ralph Kiner in 1949)

683305[/snapback]

why wouldnt it be Hank Greenberg or Babe Ruth?

683364[/snapback]

greenberg you could argue that he should get an asterisk because he played when the major leagues was all white

Ruth had lefty heaven, a corked bat that was above regulation size, and was in the major leagues when it was all white

In light of all the roids stuff, I gotta go with Maris.

682184[/snapback]

 

Ezzackly.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.