Trading Ideas

NY Marlin fan 64

Guest Moneyball

Yankees get:

AJ Burnett

Marlins get:

Whichever recently signed young pitcher struggles first. (Hopefully Pavs)

Half of his contract payed.

Prospects (whatever is left)

AJ and stokes for Paul Wilson and Dunn.?

/You knew it was coming.

686522[/snapback]

yea :notworthy

686528[/snapback]

pierre

castillo

cabarera

delgado

lowell

dunn

loduca

gonzalez

Ouch

686548[/snapback]

But think about the pitching staff without AJ...that screams "ouch" too, but in a much different way.

AJ and stokes for Paul Wilson and Dunn.

/You knew it was coming.

686522[/snapback]

686528[/snapback]

pierre

castillo

cabarera

delgado

lowell

dunn

loduca

gonzalez

Ouch

686548[/snapback]

But think about the pitching staff without AJ...that screams "ouch" too, but in a much different way.

686606[/snapback]

What do you think the chances of signing AJ is after this year? He will be THE free-agent, as long as he stays healthy, and doesn't bomb. We won in 2003 without AJ. And Wilson is a number 4 kinda guy. Just pushes the other 3 up in the rotation and makes the offense St. Louis like.

Yankees get:

AJ Burnett

Marlins get:

Whichever recently signed young pitcher struggles first. (Hopefully Pavs)

Half of his contract payed.

Prospects (whatever is left)

686390[/snapback]

Too bad the Yankees have no prospects to speak of. If they did, they'd have traded him away by now.

686476[/snapback]

I agree. Even Navarro was pretty mediocre.

686485[/snapback]

Luckily, we gobbled up their best prospect ever about 6 years ago--some guy named Mikey Lowell.

AJ and stokes for Paul Wilson and Dunn.?

/You knew it was coming.

686522[/snapback]

686528[/snapback]

pierre

castillo

cabarera

delgado

lowell

dunn

loduca

gonzalez

Ouch

686548[/snapback]

686606[/snapback]

What do you think the chances of signing AJ is after this year? He will be THE free-agent, as long as he stays healthy, and doesn't bomb. We won in 2003 without AJ. And Wilson is a number 4 kinda guy. Just pushes the other 3 up in the rotation and makes the offense St. Louis like.

686611[/snapback]

I'd say the chances of signing AJ are 50/50 (and it's more like 70/30 if we decide to open up the wallet Delgado style...he doesn't care where he plays, as long as he's paid well), and with so many more contracts up in the air (Pierre going to arbitration for his final year after 2005 ends his negotiated contract, Gonzalez, Mota, Leiter, Valdez), we're going for it all in 2005, and one year of a healthy AJ is exponentially better than a career of Paul Wilson (yeah, I said it).

Dunn is good, don't get me wrong, but he K's a whole freaking lot and with Cabrera Delgado and Lowell already getting their fair share of K's, I'd rather think about getting a pure hitter instead of a one dimensional power bat (if we're even going after anything at all).

AJ and stokes for Paul Wilson and Dunn.

/You knew it was coming.

686522[/snapback]

686528[/snapback]

pierre

castillo

cabarera

delgado

lowell

dunn

loduca

gonzalez

Ouch

686548[/snapback]

686606[/snapback]

686611[/snapback]

I'd say the chances of signing AJ are 50/50 (and it's more like 70/30 if we decide to open up the wallet Delgado style...he doesn't care where he plays, as long as he's paid well), and with so many more contracts up in the air (Pierre going to arbitration for his final year after 2005 ends his negotiated contract, Gonzalez, Mota, Leiter, Valdez), we're going for it all in 2005, and one year of a healthy AJ is exponentially better than a career of Paul Wilson (yeah, I said it).

Dunn is good, don't get me wrong, but he K's a whole freaking lot and with Cabrera Delgado and Lowell already getting their fair share of K's, I'd rather think about getting a pure hitter instead of a one dimensional power bat (if we're even going after anything at all).

686954[/snapback]

If we got Dunn he would be hitting 6th in all likely hood. He walks just as much as he Ks, but he can clear the bases. Who cares if he leads off an inning with a K, he is leading off infront of Niner and Gonzo, not exactly guys who will drive home runs consistently. ::remembers a few bases loaded no out situations the bottom of the order got NOTHING::.

The 2005 free agent market sucks. AJ, if he has an AJ caliber year, he will get whatever he wants because he will be the guy to have. And yes Loria has opened the wallet, but we are still the Marlins.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.