Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

MarlinsBaseball.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

NEXT YEAR

Featured Replies

i read on ESPN that only if Mike Lowell leaves will Cabrera return to a spot in the infield. im not sure if that is true now, considering we have Delgado. BY THE WAY, THE BEST WAY TO ANNOY PEOPLE IS BY WRITING LIKE THIS.

i read on ESPN that only if Mike Lowell leaves will Cabrera return to a spot in the infield. im not sure if that is true now, considering we have Delgado. BY THE WAY, THE BEST WAY TO ANNOY PEOPLE IS BY WRITING LIKE THIS.

705768[/snapback]

 

THANK YOU

WHAT? I DONT GET ANY OF YOU ALL. WHY WOULD MIKE LOWELL LEAVE

705785[/snapback]

if

 

ififififififififififififif

 

if if if if if if if if if if if if if if if if if if if if if if if if if

 

worst. word ever.

 

we'll cross the damn bridge when we get to it

DO YOU GUYS THINK IF SEA BASS LEAVES VIA FREE AGENCY THAT CABS WOULD BE ABLE TO MOVE BACK TO HIS NATURAL POISTION OF SS?

705760[/snapback]

No, Cabrera is no longer agile and quick enough to go back to SS. Have you seen the size of his thighs lately?

 

Also, you should really turn off your caps lock.

I don't know...doesn't Cabs have a similar build to A-Rod? I know everyone expects Cabs to bulk up to Manny Ramirez-like proportions, but right now I don't think he looks any "thicker" in the legs than A-Rod, and everyone thinks that guy is a gold-glove caliber SS. I know A-Rod doesn't play SS now, but he still could play there if he wanted to...and many think he's better defensively than Jeter - who won the gold glove last year. I think Cabs could do it.

You forget that Cabrera moved away from the shortstop position before the Lowell trade rumors in mid-2003. He spent that entire first half as a third baseman because he had grown out of the position.

You forget that Cabrera moved away from the shortstop position before the Lowell trade rumors in mid-2003. He spent that entire first half as a third baseman because he had grown out of the position.

705935[/snapback]

I don't know if that's entirely accurate. He might have been moved because they projected him to fill into a 3rd baseman quickly and the FO felt he'd be a better 3rd baseman anyway. Not necessarily because he "grew out" of the position. Although the FO may have felt that Cabs had already outgrown the position...I'm really not sure. I still think he can play SS. Maybe not like Gonzo, but then again - who can? We're talking about a guy who has been robbed of a gold glove for the last few years simply because he swings at too many garbage pitches. I hate to use the A-Rod comparison again, because that guy is really unique and his body type isn't completely like Cabs, but most gurus projected A-Rod to be a 3rd baseman anyway because of his size. Sometimes it's better to have a uniquely offensive talent in a rarely offensive-producing position on the field (like SS, 2B), rather than sticking that talent in a corner infield or OF spot - even if the player can field that corner position better. I don't think Cabs would be a defensive liability at SS.

 

Hey, if Cabs starts hanging out with any of the Balco guys, he might just add 20 to 30 upper-body pounds to go along with his previously mentioned "thick" legs - and make this entire post a moot point.

DO YOU GUYS THINK IF SEA BASS LEAVES VIA FREE AGENCY THAT CABS WOULD BE ABLE TO MOVE BACK TO HIS NATURAL POISTION OF SS?

705760[/snapback]

Don't break something that isn't broken, unless it's your keyboard.

DO YOU GUYS THINK IF SEA BASS LEAVES VIA FREE AGENCY THAT CABS WOULD BE ABLE TO MOVE BACK TO HIS NATURAL POISTION OF SS?

705760[/snapback]

Don't break something that isn't broken, unless it's your keyboard.

706091[/snapback]

 

I AM SURE THEIR KEYBOARD IS JUST FINE.

DO YOU GUYS THINK IF SEA BASS LEAVES VIA FREE AGENCY THAT CABS WOULD BE ABLE TO MOVE BACK TO HIS NATURAL POISTION OF SS?

705760[/snapback]

Don't break something that isn't broken, unless it's your keyboard.

706091[/snapback]

 

I AM SURE THEIR KEYBOARD IS JUST FINE.

706092[/snapback]

Can we break your keyboard too? :thumbdown

DO YOU GUYS THINK IF SEA BASS LEAVES VIA FREE AGENCY THAT CABS WOULD BE ABLE TO MOVE BACK TO HIS NATURAL POISTION OF SS?

705760[/snapback]

Don't break something that isn't broken, unless it's your keyboard.

706091[/snapback]

 

I AM SURE THEIR KEYBOARD IS JUST FINE.

706092[/snapback]

Can we break your keyboard too? :thumbdown

706095[/snapback]

 

Only if I can break it upside your forehead. :thumbup

DO YOU GUYS THINK IF SEA BASS LEAVES VIA FREE AGENCY THAT CABS WOULD BE ABLE TO MOVE BACK TO HIS NATURAL POISTION OF SS?

705760[/snapback]

Don't break something that isn't broken, unless it's your keyboard.

706091[/snapback]

 

I AM SURE THEIR KEYBOARD IS JUST FINE.

706092[/snapback]

Can we break your keyboard too? :thumbdown

706095[/snapback]

 

Only if I can break it upside your forehead. :thumbup

706099[/snapback]

No thanks but I'm sure the "Abe" wouldn't mind :thumbup

Cabrera will never be a shortstop in the majors.. once some of you get that out of your mind, the world will be a better caps free place.

Cabrera still would feel more comfortable in the infield than anywhere else. Youre forgetting he can do anything he sets his mind to (almost anything) and hes done it once, he can do it again. He was stupendous when he was in the minors as a SS. Itll just take some getting used to. He isnt that thick, I think if he looses a little bit of weight, hell be agile enough to be a major league SS. At the moment, I dont think he is quick enough though. But we still have a full infield, Mike Lowell is still a Marlin, so lets not get ahead of ourselves. If anything does happen, well see what the boss decides.

Cabrera still would feel more comfortable in the infield than anywhere else. Youre forgetting he can do anything he sets his mind to (almost anything) and hes done it once, he can do it again. He was stupendous when he was in the minors as a SS. Itll just take some getting used to. He isnt that thick, I think if he looses a little bit of weight, hell be agile enough to be a major league SS. At the moment, I dont think he is quick enough though. But we still have a full infield, Mike Lowell is still a Marlin, so lets not get ahead of ourselves. If anything does happen, well see what the boss decides.

706157[/snapback]

 

Right now Cabrera in terms of ideal positions for him to play, should only play 3rd or LF. He can handle RF too though not as well. Cabrera will never play SS again, ever.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.