March 13, 200521 yr Jack will be earning his money, as usual. How would you pick two from the above-cited four? I like Willingham because he's the most versatile. Has looked good at 1B, seems to handle OF okay and would be 3rd catcher. Plus potential bat pop. Aguila (my original horse in this race) is a rabbit skilled in all 3 OF positions. But, given playing time with JP out he has been a disappointment at the plate. Dillon, gamer that I root for personally, came on strong but really needs to re-establish himself at the plate. Little, my God, 7 for 13 in ST. Choose One from Column A, One from Column B. No Tipping.
March 13, 200521 yr Aguila and Willingham Little is just ona hot streak(this years Abe to a lesser degree)
March 13, 200521 yr Aguila and Dillon. Aguila is a versitile OF who can provide a steady bat off the bench and can give the RF platoon and Miguelito a spell from time to time. While we already have the infield and outfield corners covered in Lenny Harris, I think Dillon can make the team and be a solid contributor. Also, what good would it really do him to return to the minors? It's basically now or nothing for Joe. Willingham needs to go back to AAA and further learn his position, whichever that may end up being. He isn't going to be anything more than a 3 at bat a week kind of player in the bigs, so why not keep him in Burque where he can be a 3 at bat a day kind of player and he gets to play defense too? On Little, I don't know much about him as far as his time in the minors is concerned, which leads me to believe this is a flash in the pan.
March 13, 200521 yr Willingham and, if I have to pick someone else, Dillon. I think Josh will weasel his way into the lineup one day and never leave it. He's an awesome threat to have off the bench. Great eye/patience will help him find his way on base in clutch situations. Dillon proved himself last season, and he's doing it again this Spring. He deserves one shot. But we can only afford one.
March 13, 200521 yr Author Who is in what coloumn? 709375[/snapback] Somehow I knew someone would ask that. Forgive my humor license. Pick any two you like. No take-outs.
March 13, 200521 yr Willingham and Aguila. Dillion is simply not showing me enough to make the big show over people who have been there. I mean Dillion is hitting below the mendoza line (200) this spring, I think.
March 13, 200521 yr Willingham and Aguila. Dillion is simply not showing me enough to make the big show over people who have been there. I mean Dillion is hitting below the mendoza line (200) this spring, I think. 709379[/snapback] Doesn't he have like four homers?
March 13, 200521 yr Willingham and Aguila. Dillion is simply not showing me enough to make the big show over people who have been there. I mean Dillion is hitting below the mendoza line (200) this spring, I think. 709379[/snapback] Doesn't he have like four homers? 709388[/snapback] More like.... 1
March 13, 200521 yr Willingham and Aguila.? Dillion is simply not showing me enough to make the big show over people who have been there. I mean Dillion is hitting below the mendoza line (200) this spring, I think. 709379[/snapback] Doesn't he have like four homers? 709388[/snapback] More like.... 1 709402[/snapback] Under those circumstances I'll have to go with Willingham and Aguila...
March 13, 200521 yr Here is the Dillion line according to MLB.com. These stats are as of this morning. He went 0-3 today I believe: 8 games 23 abs/5 hits/1 hr/1 rbi and no walks from what I see, but he may have some. Today he went 0-3 I believe making his 5/26, below a .200 average. I have never seen so much hype on a website for a guy with a sub-200 spring training BA before.
March 13, 200521 yr if you are gonna base Dillon on ST numbers, look at Willy he hasnt exactly lit up the place either
March 13, 200521 yr Here is the Dillion line according to MLB.com. These stats are as of this morning. He went 0-3 today I believe: 8 games 23 abs/5 hits/1 hr/1 rbi and no walks from what I see, but he may have some. Today he went 0-3 I believe making his 5/26, below a .200 average. I have never seen so much hype on a website for a guy with a sub-200 spring training BA before. 709410[/snapback] Look at my sig. Cody Clinton is hitting .520 in high school right now... I'd bet you a decent amount of money he could hit .200 in Spring Training...
March 13, 200521 yr if you are gonna base Dillon on ST numbers, look at Willy he hasnt exactly lit up the place either 709414[/snapback] But Willingham has been on the major league level, we know what he can do. Meanwhile Dillon has never been up on that level before. If I have to take between two guys struggling in spring training I go with the guy who I know that can perform on the MLB level 100 out of 100 times. Dillon knew this was his chance to crack a mlb roster and he laid an egg, doesn't that say something about him?
March 13, 200521 yr Here is the Dillion line according to MLB.com. These stats are as of this morning. He went 0-3 today I believe: 8 games 23 abs/5 hits/1 hr/1 rbi and no walks from what I see, but he may have some. Today he went 0-3 I believe making his 5/26, below a .200 average. I have never seen so much hype on a website for a guy with a sub-200 spring training BA before. 709410[/snapback] Look at my sig. Cody Clinton is hitting .520 in high school right now... I'd bet you a decent amount of money he could hit .200 in Spring Training... 709416[/snapback] I bet you he wouldnt
March 13, 200521 yr if you are gonna base Dillon on ST numbers, look at Willy he hasnt exactly lit up the place either 709414[/snapback] But Willingham has been on the major league level, we know what he can do. 709423[/snapback] So we know what Willingham can do at the major league level?? Care to fill us in then? 'Cause I sure don't. I like both guys actually. I won't complain between Aguila, Willy, and Dillon. Maybe send Willy down to get more time at catcher & he can take the backup job next season.
March 13, 200521 yr So we know what Willingham can do at the major league level?? Care to fill us in then? 'Cause I sure don't. 709562[/snapback] In 25 major league at bats he's gotten 5 hits, 4 walks, and a home run, adding up to a .310 obp. Better numbers than Dillion has facing a mix of minor leaguers and pro-level pitching this spring. :lol The Marlins have places they can put Willingham if need be. In 44 innings out in the field he has 1 error.
March 13, 200521 yr I'd go with Dillon and Aguila. Aguila for defensive purposeses -- and Dillon provides a major power threat from the bench regardless of his spring. He's got major pop -- something that will prove to be an asset off the bench. Willingham will get nothing out of playing sporadically in the majors. I think it would be best for him to go back to the minors and fine-tune his mechanics as a catcher and get consistent at bats. I'm pleading ignorance on Little -- don't know anything about him -- so I'd go with Aguila and Dillon
March 13, 200521 yr I would take Willingham and Aguila. Willingham would be my first choice because of his bat primarily, but also because of his ability to fill-in for several positions (LF, RF, 3B, 1B, and C). He can help the team win this year by coming off the bench and filling the day-to-day needs of the club. He has one of, if not the best, bat in the system. Out of the four above I would give Aguila or Dillon the 2nd shot. If I had to choose today I would go for Aguila, but Dillon is close in my mind. It may be now or never for Dillon. Last year may have been a fluke, but we should find out soon (at AAA).
March 14, 200521 yr I have never seen so much hype on a website for a guy with a sub-200 spring training BA before. Willingham is hitting .167. And there is no hype on this site about Willingham, but there is about Dillion. Dillion is hitting .182. Dillion has 1 more hit than Willingham, but has 5 more ABs than Willingham. I also have a sneaking suspicion Willingham has a lot more walks than Dillion. Excluding the major league starters (Pierre, Lo Duca, Cabrera, etc), Dillon's .217 average isn't so horrible. 709582[/snapback] First of all Dillion is hitting .182, so please at least use the right statistics. You linked me to the updated ones, used Willingham's average from the statistics you linked, but used old Dillon stats.... are you trying to pick a side? But you have to think of the context. Dillion knows the organization noticed his year last year and think highly of him. So he knows this year is his year to crack an MLB roster. There is no hiding the team is trying to see what he is made of, he has the most ABs for the team, tied with Castillo. And he gives them a .182 average?! I would hope when you know a guy is playing for his livelyhood he would hit more than a .182. Willingham isn't playing with reckless abandon, like Dillion should be. Willingham knows he'll make the squad at some point, Dillion however is not gaurenteed of that and he laid and egg when it was handed to him to take.
March 14, 200521 yr Here is the Dillion line according to MLB.com. These stats are as of this morning.? He went 0-3 today I believe: 8 games 23 abs/5 hits/1 hr/1 rbi and no walks from what I see, but he may have some.? Today he went 0-3 I believe making his 5/26, below a .200 average. I have never seen so much hype on a website for a guy with a sub-200 spring training BA before. 709410[/snapback] Look at my sig. Cody Clinton is hitting .520 in high school right now... I'd bet you a decent amount of money he could hit .200 in Spring Training... 709416[/snapback] I bet you he wouldnt 709424[/snapback] In Spring Training he'd mostly be facing minor-leaguers, right? Well, he's faced three pitchers that have been drafted or will be drafted, and is 4-for-9 against them with a homer... (Hit an oppo homer off of Eammon Portice of Ft. Lauderdale High last year on a 94 MPH fastball... Portice was a 17th round pick by the Twins) You never know is my point.
March 14, 200521 yr I have never seen so much hype on a website for a guy with a sub-200 spring training BA before. Willingham is hitting .167. And there is no hype on this site about Willingham, but there is about Dillion. Dillion is hitting .182. Dillion has 1 more hit than Willingham, but has 5 more ABs than Willingham. I also have a sneaking suspicion Willingham has a lot more walks than Dillion. 709585[/snapback] Im not so sure Willy has drawn a walk yet...
March 14, 200521 yr Dillon and Aguila. Neither have been impressive, but I only want to see Willingham up here if he's going to get regular playing time. If he won't see regular playing time we'll be better off letting him destroy AAA, and then trade him come trade deadline time.
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.