Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

MarlinsBaseball.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Second Impressions on Waltz

Featured Replies

He gets a big meh from me.

Gotta work on getting rid of the dead air.

He spoke up more this game.

He needs to work on some of his calls.

He must never ask Minervini to sing Meet the Mets ever again.

The voice is there.

Hutton and him showed spurts of chemistry.

this is my first impression.. not terrific, not too bad. didn't have the warmth or humor of len, but few do. i think he'll get better as the games go on and he gets more familiar with the team. i'd like to see some more enthusiasm, but blah blah spring training. at least he has tommy to play off of, who is as awesome as ever.

I liked his mention of "seam heads" and Sabermetricians even though he said it sabermathematics.

He was "meh".

 

Waltz wasnt too bad but too good either. Kasper had that "humor" and the perfect voice with Tommy.

 

I guess we will have to stick to it though.

He was better, but I still don't like him. He showed absolutely no emotion at all on Delgado's huge double where he cleared the bases. Len would have been yelling "DELGADO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" with Tommy going "OHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH" in the background.

 

Or when Mike Cameron dropped the ball in the middle of the dive, if it was Len he would have been yelling "HE DROPPED IT HE DROPPED IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" with his voice cracking.

 

:(

Good voice...hopefully his chemistry with Hutton will improve...they just dont seem to be on the same page yet and it really hurts the flow of the telecast and makes it seem "boring"

 

You cant really judge though...what makes or breaks all announcers is their emotion during big moments and you wont get any of those situations in spring training.

Like the chemistry between the 3 of them. Waltz needs to get used to the team and Tommy's pause patterns. After being in Seattle with their announcing freight-train, it may take a while for Waltz to realize he can talk with little interuption.

He was better, but I still don't like him.? He showed absolutely no emotion at all on Delgado's huge double where he cleared the bases.? Len would have been yelling "DELGADO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" with Tommy going "OHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH" in the background.

 

Or when Mike Cameron dropped the ball in the middle of the dive, if it was Len he would have been yelling "HE DROPPED IT HE DROPPED IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" with his voice cracking.

 

:(

720753[/snapback]

Those were the days. My favorite was the Mike Mordecai walk-off homer call. Maybe they should force Waltz to listen to some of Len's broadcasts.

He was better, but I still don't like him. He showed absolutely no emotion at all on Delgado's huge double where he cleared the bases. Len would have been yelling "DELGADO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" with Tommy going "OHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH" in the background.

 

Or when Mike Cameron dropped the ball in the middle of the dive, if it was Len he would have been yelling "HE DROPPED IT HE DROPPED IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" with his voice cracking.

 

:(

720753[/snapback]

 

 

It's spring training.

Good voice...hopefully his chemistry with Hutton will improve...they just dont seem to be on the same page yet and it really hurts the flow of the telecast and makes it seem "boring"

 

You cant really judge though...what makes or breaks all announcers is their emotion during big moments and you wont get any of those situations in spring training.

720764[/snapback]

Waltz showed more emotion on Dougy's home run than he did on Delgados huge double.

He was better, but I still don't like him. He showed absolutely no emotion at all on Delgado's huge double where he cleared the bases. Len would have been yelling "DELGADO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" with Tommy going "OHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH" in the background.

 

Or when Mike Cameron dropped the ball in the middle of the dive, if it was Len he would have been yelling "HE DROPPED IT HE DROPPED IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" with his voice cracking.

 

:(

720753[/snapback]

Those were the days. My favorite was the Mike Mordecai walk-off homer call. Maybe they should force Waltz to listen to some of Len's broadcasts.

720779[/snapback]

 

 

MIKE MORDECAI HAS DONE IT!!! FOR THE SECOND NIGHT IN A ROW WITHA WALK OFF HOME RUN!!!

 

::gets goosebumps::

He was better, but I still don't like him.? He showed absolutely no emotion at all on Delgado's huge double where he cleared the bases.? Len would have been yelling "DELGADO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" with Tommy going "OHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH" in the background.

 

Or when Mike Cameron dropped the ball in the middle of the dive, if it was Len he would have been yelling "HE DROPPED IT HE DROPPED IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" with his voice cracking.

 

:(

720753[/snapback]

Those were the days. My favorite was the Mike Mordecai walk-off homer call. Maybe they should force Waltz to listen to some of Len's broadcasts.

720779[/snapback]

 

 

MIKE MORDECAI HAS DONE IT!!! FOR THE SECOND NIGHT IN A ROW WITHA WALK OFF HOME RUN!!!

 

::gets goosebumps::

720886[/snapback]

 

 

it was more..

 

Len: MIKE MORDECAI......DEEP TO LEFT

 

Tommy: MORDI MORDI MORDI

 

 

I wish I had that call on tape.

He was better, but I still don't like him. He showed absolutely no emotion at all on Delgado's huge double where he cleared the bases. Len would have been yelling "DELGADO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" with Tommy going "OHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH" in the background.

 

Or when Mike Cameron dropped the ball in the middle of the dive, if it was Len he would have been yelling "HE DROPPED IT HE DROPPED IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" with his voice cracking.

 

:(

720753[/snapback]

Not during Spring Training he wouldn't

I liked it. It wasnt as dead as last time. Hes still new, he wont be getting happy over a double in S.T. Give the guy time and get used to him, because hes here to stay.

Where's the option for "I don't care, I just wanna watch the game"?

720778[/snapback]

Exactly, is anybody going to watch less games this years because of the broadcasters? Anything would be better than what the Marlins started with back in 93 with Randolph and Carter.

I think a lot of it is because he's not Len. When I started watching the game I expected to hear len. I think we'll get used to him and it will all be good.

I taped the game last night so I was able to listen to him. I thought he was okay, he was not as good as Len, but I can live with him :)

Where's the option for "I don't care, I just wanna watch the game"?

720778[/snapback]

Exactly, is anybody going to watch less games this years because of the broadcasters? Anything would be better than what the Marlins started with back in 93 with Randolph and Carter.

720993[/snapback]

I liked Randolph and Carter!

Where's the option for "I don't care, I just wanna watch the game"?

720778[/snapback]

Exactly, is anybody going to watch less games this years because of the broadcasters? Anything would be better than what the Marlins started with back in 93 with Randolph and Carter.

720993[/snapback]

I liked Randolph and Carter!

721058[/snapback]

Maybe to use in place of a sleeping pill.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.