Bump Sucks

Since he came up in 03' i haven't been able too watch him pitch. Hes absolutly horrible!!! He screws up over and over and over and over and over and over again... You its over as soon as he coms trotting out of the pen, you KNOW he gonna blow what ever is on the line.

He beongs at a AA level, NO question in my book... This has been over a year of the same idiot ruining games... everyone in my household knows exactly what going on in this situation... I got a call from my brother and mom both watching at different locations about how its over cause Bump was comming in..I dont even get pissed anymore when he gives up shot like that, its as common as A-Gon going down on strikes, not that i have ANYTHING against Sea Bass, just needed a comparison.

Summery: Bump Sucks

No our offense sucked tonight. The game should've never made it to Bump in the 12th.

You'd all be talking about how much Perisho sucked right now if Nate hadn't bailed his ass out in 12th.

732020[/snapback]

I dont think it is even about tonight. Timewrecker is right, Bump screws up EVER GAME!!!! He is a huge choker. Id rather see a minor leaguer in the game.

No our offense sucked tonight. The game should've never made it to Bump in the 12th.

You'd all be talking about how much Perisho sucked right now if Nate hadn't bailed his ass out in 12th.

Your giving Bump way to much credit for one pitch. I'd take Perisho's night over Bump's. 400 foot bombs dont sit very well with me.

I dont have a problem with perisho, and i know that we grounded in to 6 DPs. I did say, 2 DPs ion that this would come back too haunt us, but you had too know in the back of your mind, that it would be Bump...

I have NO problem with anyother Marlin.. Not Lenny, Encarnassion, or who ever else people around here dont favor... I just cnt stand bump.. He is the ONLY Marlin that i have ever really disliked.. You know.. support the hometown guys.. I dont boo anyone on the fish... One exeption...

I know that guys like Trevor Huchenson, Franklin Grusiqui (SP?), and others that have come up before may need another year or so in the minors, but you can always have one up as a middle relief man... We have a great Minor League system... im sure that there re guys that we can bring up that would do a MUCH better job..

Nate Bump, like so many other AAAA players has shown flashes of greatness (i.e. inducing that clutch double play), but the other 99% of the time he's just awful.

But you can't ignore the fact that we hit into a franchise high 6 double plays, regardless of whether Nate Bump blew the game or not, we deserved to lose tonight.

and btw you know what I said when Bump came in? s***... Yup we were screwed with or without Perisho's performance. and frankly Perisho was good enough last year to earn a mulligan, bump doesnt have the balls, he looks like a scared child every time he steps on the mound. I'll never forget the time Jack CHEWED his ass out on the mound for everyone to see. ok im done with this ... i feel better. GO A.J.!

I know that guys like Trevor Huchenson, Franklin Grusiqui (SP?), and others that have come up before may need another year or so in the minors, but you can always have one up as a middle relief man... We have a great Minor League system... im sure that there re guys that we can bring up that would do a MUCH better job..

732047[/snapback]

Gracesqui is no longer with the Marlins organization.

Again, im not saying this because of tonight, If i had known about MB in 03, or 04, (I think that its 1st year was 03' right?) I would have made this topic then.. its my 1st opprotunity, so i thought id get my opinion out. Again, im not talking about tonight only, but 99% of his performances are Minor League quallity, maybe 03' Tigers quality at best...

I'll take Bump over Perisho anyday. At least I can count on Bump to throw strikes. Most of the time, Perisho comes in to face 1 or 2 lefties, and half the time he walks them. He doesn't give up a lot of hits to lefties, but when you're walking them it doesn't really matter either way. Then when he faces righties, he usually just gets smashed.

I'll take Bump over Perisho anyday. At least I can count on Bump to throw strikes. Most of the time, Perisho comes in to face 1 or 2 lefties, and half the time he walks them. He doesn't give up a lot of hits to lefties, but when you're walking them it doesn't really matter either way. Then when he faces righties, he usually just gets smashed.

732069[/snapback]

While I don't particularly like Bump or Perisho, I agree and I would always take Bump over Perisho anyday of the week.

i will say this again.

bump has done some good stuff, but when he slips, he slips huge and that's all you think about.

732073[/snapback]

Exactly, he has shown flashes of brilliance, but for the other 99% of the time his stuff is anything but that.

Guest FishFanInPA

I wasnt going to chime in here but I just wanted to point out that Nate has failed once again...and before you jump on me, rferry would be all over Duke if he went 0-6 tonight.....Im sick of Nate time and time again coming in and being a f*** up.

This is major league relief pitching. Come in to face the world's best with the game always in doubt. You win some, you lose some. The best lose some. Bump's no where close to the best, but he's much closer to Jones, Alfonseca, Perisho and Reidling than he is the worst in the league.

I really don't think Bump's a good fit for the Marlins' bullpen corps. The ballpark's short fast infield grass, the coach's late hook, the role of reliever. It's all wrong.

i will say this again.

bump has done some good stuff, but when he slips, he slips huge and that's all you think about.

732073[/snapback]

Exactly, he has shown flashes of brilliance, but for the other 99% of the time his stuff is anything but that.

732080[/snapback]

99%?

please

I wasnt going to chime in here but I just wanted to point out that Nate has failed once again...and before you jump on me, rferry would be all over Duke if he went 0-6 tonight.....Im sick of Nate time and time again coming in and being a f*** up.

732104[/snapback]

Best post of 2005 so far. Bump is garbage- always has been/ always will be. Thats why hes always up for LEAST FAVORITE Marlin.

732104[/snapback]

I really don't think you of anyone should be attacking someone for supporting a player. You were pushing Koch well after that terrible load the bases full outing in Philly.

Nate is # 7 in the pen and as of today has the highest ERA and most losses....that is his place gang. Argue it all ya want but when when Reidling is ready to return, Moehler will have a spot and Perisho will be there for lefties.

Nate is AAA bound.