al leiter

It's far too early in the season to write-off Leiter.

Since your poll was either yes or no I voted yes for the reason stated above.

767456[/snapback]

come man this can even get to the 5 inning without atleast walking 6 batters or surviving the fourth inning...face it man he's done...

It's far too early in the season to write-off Leiter.

Since your poll was either yes or no I voted yes for the reason stated above.

767456[/snapback]

come man this can even get to the 5 inning without atleast walking 6 batters or surviving the fourth inning...face it man he's done...

767457[/snapback]

You've obviously already made up your mind, I'm sure you won't mind if I have an opinion of my own.

We should condense all these idiotic leiter sucks threads. I understand people's opinions and why theyre making them, but its way too soon to write him off. He still has 25 starts left this year (barring injury of course). We have seen the best of leiter this year and thw very worst of leiter. He has not sucked every game, i would call him inconsistent so far. Just like dontrelle was the 2nd half of 03 and in those playoffs. If in the end of june or middle of july leiter still has a 6.00 ERA and more walks than innings pitched then we cna start talkin about him being done and how we should get rid of him or w/e.

We should condense all these idiotic leiter sucks threads. I understand people's opinions and why theyre making them, but its way too soon to write him off. He still has 25 starts left this year (barring injury of course). We have seen the best of leiter this year and thw very worst of leiter. He has not sucked every game, i would call him inconsistent so far. Just like dontrelle was the 2nd half of 03 and in those playoffs. If in the end of june or middle of july leiter still has a 6.00 ERA and more walks than innings pitched then we cna start talkin about him being done and how we should get rid of him or w/e.

767470[/snapback]

i have my opinions u have urs...don't like the thread don't read it...leiter sucks..

Yes, Beckett and Willis have both said that Leiter's influence has had a lot to do with their fast starts.

We didn't sign Al to be a Cy Young contender, we wanted him to teach the art of "pitching" to our guys. He was, and still is, a free agent match made in heaven for our team.

Yes, Beckett and Willis have both said that Leiter's influence has had a lot to do with their fast starts.

We didn't sign Al to be a Cy Young contender, we wanted him to teach the art of "pitching" to our guys.? He was, and still is, a free agent match made in heaven for our team.

767488[/snapback]

if ya wanted a pitching coah y didn't they hire him as a pitching coach??the guys is done as major league pitcher....the guys is done....oh and were over paying that bum too...damn i hate him so much its not even funny...we could have had matt clement for that...

We didn't sign Al to be a Cy Young contender, we wanted him to teach the art of "pitching" to our guys.? He was, and still is, a free agent match made in heaven for our team.

767488[/snapback]

if ya wanted a pitching coah y didn't they hire him as a pitching coach??the guys is done as major league pitcher....the guys is done....oh and were over paying that bum too...damn i hate him so much its not even funny...we could have had matt clement for that...

767492[/snapback]

Take a breath, slow down.

One, Clement, Pavano, Perez...none of them would have take a one year deal, and a one year deal that has 3/4 of it's value deferred (with $1 million of it going to charity as it is).

Two, hiring a player/coach was seen as invaluable considering Burnett and Beckett have shown almost to the point of nausea that they will not, under any conditions, listen to a coach. Look at AJ in S.T. this year, Wiley wanted to change his deliver, AJ tried once, and then went back to the way it used to be...yeah, ok.

He's not "done" over having 2 bad outings (home against the Mets and yesterday), and as it is, yesterday's loss should be blamed on Juan as much as anyone, not stopping that ball that went for a 3-run inside the parker is inexcusable.

Al's got a lot of decent pitching left in him. He was not brought here to contend for a Cy Young, despite what many of you think.

I'd like to give him a few more starts and see what happens. He's no pitching coach, but this guy has helped turn Beckett, Willis and Burnett into three of the biggest stud pitchers in the majors right now. FOR THAT ALONE, he was well worth the cash.

767509[/snapback]

u like to give him a few more starts???what are u crazy..so who ever plays us and he's pitching its basically a free win..wtf i'm tired of this guy release his ass trade do something take him out plz...all he does is hurt us...

I'd like to give him a few more starts and see what happens. He's no pitching coach, but this guy has helped turn Beckett, Willis and Burnett into three of the biggest stud pitchers in the majors right now. FOR THAT ALONE, he was well worth the cash.

767509[/snapback]

u like to give him a few more starts???what are u crazy..so who ever plays us and he's pitching its basically a free win..wtf i'm tired of this guy release his ass trade do something take him out plz...all he does is hurt us...

767642[/snapback]

alright dude, calm down

Releasing him would be a bit premature dont you think? He has been adequate in 4 of his 6 starts... Ill take 3er in 5ip... even though that equates to a 5 something era, its still not that bad

Everyone gets knocked around every now and then. He isnt going to be Roger Clemens but he will be a solid contributor.

767509[/snapback]

767642[/snapback]

alright dude, calm down

Releasing him would be a bit premature dont you think? He has been adequate in 4 of his 6 starts... Ill take 3er in 5ip... even though that equates to a 5 something era, its still not that bad

Everyone gets knocked around every now and then. He isnt going to be Roger Clemens but he will be a solid contributor.

767646[/snapback]

can u please tell me when??when hell freezes over this guys has no fastball...he's done..everytime he pitches its a struggle for the marlins...ok i'll admit realing him is a bit far but then move his ass down he doesn't need to be second starter put dontrell in there...

Guest Juanky

You do realize that once the season starts the order the pitchers go really doesn't mean anything, especially with off days? It's not the lineup order, it really doesn't matter. Besides, with Leiter in between Beckett and Burnett we can have a good chance of stopping his so called suckiness the next day, but with Moehler after him (no disrespect to Moehler, he's been great but he's still a fifth starter and it's only been a month or so) you throw the dice with worse odds.

You do realize that once the season starts the order the pitchers go really doesn't mean anything, especially with off days? It's not the lineup order, it really doesn't matter. Besides, with Leiter in between Beckett and Burnett we can have a good chance of stopping his so called suckiness the next day, but with Moehler after him (no disrespect to Moehler, he's been great but he's still a fifth starter and it's only been a month or so) you throw the dice with worse odds.

767678[/snapback]

Brian Moehler his stats 1-1 2.19

Al leiter his stats 1-3 6.67

um..from the looks of this i'd take moehler over leiter any day....

Guest Juanky

In how many starts?

It's been a frigging month. I'll trust a #2 starter, no matter how old he is, over a #5 starter, no matter how well he's done in so little time, until the #5 is consistently better than the #2 over the span of a season.

If Moehler is so much better than Leiter, why isn't Al being the one skipped on off days?