Al Lieter the white version of Darren Oliver

al lieter is the twin brother of darren oliver who really started real bad last year and the results came back to hunt the marlins at the end of the year,please jack if he is going to use a 4th man rotation why not with brian moheler who has been solid since his first star of spring Trainning?BTW what's the status on valdez?i thoght it was gonna take him like 15 days and then some rehab but i haven't heard of him as of late?

lieter for bullpen help

al lieter is the twin brother of darren oliver who really started real bad last year and the results came back to hunt the marlins at the end of the year,please jack if he is going to use a 4th man rotation why not with brian moheler who has been solid since his first star of spring Trainning?BTW what's the status on valdez?i thoght it was gonna take him like 15 days and then some rehab but i haven't heard of him as of late?

lieter for bullpen help

768601[/snapback]

comparing Leiter to Oliver is laughable

I dont recall Oliver leading us to a world series and pitching in a pivitol Game 7, or being an ace of any rotation for that matter, and i dont recall Oliver ever having a 3.12 ERA :blink:

yea, he's had a bad start to the season, it happens, I think he'll turn it around, he's a verten, he'll find a way to win, if not, Jack will make the right choice about what to do with him, i'm not to worred about it

lieter for bullpen help

768601[/snapback]

When did Darren Oliver ever throw a no-hitter? When was Darren Oliver ever the ace of a stacked pitching staff? How many rings does D.O. have?

Leiter is just a declining player in the last season of his career who once was among the top pitchers in baseball, Darren Oliver has been garbage his entire career.

You new Marlins fans who weren't around to appreciate all the things Leiter did for this team really need to go read up on your Marlins history.

Leiter will be less than spectacular but just fine for this season. For those younger fans...in 1997...there was almost universal disagreement about having Leiter pitch Game 7 in the World Series. Most fans at the time actually wanted Cook or Alfonseca to take the start. Anybody but Leiter, who most felt was a sure loser. He had had the same control issues then....but as we know now he came through just fine in game 7.

Oliver was absolutly outstanding for us in relief. If Leiter doesn't improve as a starter, I'd love to give to find a way to help the club like Oliver did.

769022[/snapback]

If I recall correctly Oliver only pitched about 7 or 8 innings for us in relief so I wouldn't exactly say that he was outstanding.

Leiter isn't near as bad as Oliver, and their problems are totallu opposite. Leiter struggles throwing strikes. Oliver's problem is he throws his 85 MPH fastball right down the pipe.

like ive said in every leiter post. Its to early to change anything. Leiter's stats are not telling b/c hes had two horrendous games that have inflated his ERA. Hes pitched well in 3 of his six starts, mediocre in one, and terrible in 2. You cant go by W-L b/c the game he won was not a good start and one of his losses was a well pitched game. It happens.