harry dunlop schooled mckeon today

note that i have nothing against jack,i am just happy about the way harry managed this team from the very first moment jack got ejected,boy he really look like nostradamous very good moves he made especially the one from aguila who at the beginning i didnt like the idea of having him as the #1 hitter in the line up.

More ejections for jack woooo hoooo j/k

1 more thing,sorry guys but logan cancer has got to go :(

Guest FlummoxedLummox

i'd say welcome to the boards, but your post rubbed me the wrong way. logan cancer? this is a game, lighten up.

note that i have nothing against jack,i am just happy about the way harry managed this team from the very first moment jack got ejected,boy he really look like nostradamous very good moves he made especially the one from aguila who at the beginning i didnt like the idea of having him as the #1 hitter in the line up.

780336[/snapback]

Uhh .. :mischief2

I wasn't crazy about Jack hiring Dunlop. But, I was impressed with him yesterday, including his post-game TV interview.

In fact, if Jack is ejected... is he able to communicate with Dunlop? Sure he's not supposed to... but what is the reality?

780355[/snapback]

Ummm...what do you think?

:mischief2

Of course he's communicating from the clubhouse.

I wasn't crazy about Jack hiring Dunlop. But, I was impressed with him yesterday, including his post-game TV interview.

In fact, if Jack is ejected... is he able to communicate with Dunlop? Sure he's not supposed to... but what is the reality?

780355[/snapback]

of course they can..in his book he used to talk about getting thrown out and then having a little homeade radio where communicated their ideas...

and logan kensing needs to learn how to keep the ball DOWN

780355[/snapback]

of course they can..in his book he used to talk about getting thrown out and then having a little homeade radio where communicated their ideas...

and logan kensing needs to learn how to keep the ball DOWN

780372[/snapback]

Officially thrust into the Alexander Haig role was bench coach Harry Dunlop. Of course, the dugout runway is many an ejected manager's new perch. A suspended Billy Martin once managed via phone until an umpire got wise and ripped the phone off the dugout wall.

Where were you during the seven-run sixth inning, Jack? ''I can't tell you.'' Pause. ``I am supposed to be here [in the clubhouse].''

How did it look to you from wherever you were?

``I was paying attention, put it that way. Via television.''

McKeon couldn't help breaking into guilty laughter however, as he described deploying Juan Pierre and Carlos Delgado as pinch-hitters during the sixth.

''I knew [Tampa Bay] had one left-hander over there,'' McKeon said. ``I knew Delgado could hit the left-handers better than any of them. I had him go up there, and they brought [left-handed Trever Miller] in. He hit him. I was surprised when they brought the other guy in, but on the other hand, I knew I already had informed Harry to . . .''

Realizing what he had just said, McKeon spurted into laughter before finishing, ``We'll pinch-hit Pierre if they bring a right-hander in. Well, they brought the right-hander [Lance Carter] in. Well, I sent word.''

A reporter chuckled that Dunlop was probably already thinking along those lines. McKeon concurred, ``Yeah, he was thinking that way.''

McKeon's grin, almost impish, was remindful it's not a bad day if you get to lose a little temper and win a game.

780336[/snapback]

Harry Dunlop is not the only reason we won the game yesterday.

Jack exploding in the early innings fired up the team, Jack knew exactly what he was doing. Jack going out there and ripping the umpire a new a**hole had just as much to do with winning the game as Harry Dunlop's decision making.

Going out there and arguing with the umpires and getting ejected is more than just arguing, it's to fire up your team. If your team is losing and playing horrible, the best thing a manager could do is go out there and start a argument with an umpire to put a fire in the belly of his team.

A NEW PERCH

Officially thrust into the Alexander Haig role was bench coach Harry Dunlop. Of course, the dugout runway is many an ejected manager's new perch. A suspended Billy Martin once managed via phone until an umpire got wise and ripped the phone off the dugout wall.

Where were you during the seven-run sixth inning, Jack? ''I can't tell you.'' Pause. ``I am supposed to be here [in the clubhouse].''

How did it look to you from wherever you were?

``I was paying attention, put it that way. Via television.''

McKeon couldn't help breaking into guilty laughter however, as he described deploying Juan Pierre and Carlos Delgado as pinch-hitters during the sixth.

''I knew [Tampa Bay] had one left-hander over there,'' McKeon said. ``I knew Delgado could hit the left-handers better than any of them. I had him go up there, and they brought [left-handed Trever Miller] in. He hit him. I was surprised when they brought the other guy in, but on the other hand, I knew I already had informed Harry to . . .''

Realizing what he had just said, McKeon spurted into laughter before finishing, ``We'll pinch-hit Pierre if they bring a right-hander in. Well, they brought the right-hander [Lance Carter] in. Well, I sent word.''

A reporter chuckled that Dunlop was probably already thinking along those lines. McKeon concurred, ``Yeah, he was thinking that way.''

McKeon's grin, almost impish, was remindful it's not a bad day if you get to lose a little temper and win a game.

http://www.miami.com/mld/miamiherald/sports/11714094.htm

Jack is awesome :lol

And so it turns out, JACK was the one who made those key moves to turn the game around, NOT Dunlop.

NewMarlinOnboard, Jack didn't get schooled, you did.

Dunlop made the same type moves Jack does nightly.

P.S. I don't know why anyway is complaining about a pitcher giving up runs in a mop-up role. We did win, right?

780446[/snapback]

Agreed. His job was to throw strikes and make them put it in play.