July 15, 200521 yr This are players that could be in a package to get Burnett(with a combo of Juan E or Lowell) not all the guys lists would be in the deal 1. Rangers(not serious yet)- LHP John Danks, RHP Thomas Diamond, RHP Edison Volquez(I doubt they traded him), RHP Ricardo Rodriguez, David Dellucci, or Kevin Mench 2. Tigers(not serious yet)- RHP Joel Zumaya(or Kyle Sleeth could be made available), OF Curtis Granderson,LHP Mike Maroth, OF Rondell White *I didn't mention Justin Verlander b/c he's going nowhere even if Babe Ruth was available 3. Dodgers(not serious yet)- SS/3B Joel Guzman, 3B Andy LaRoche, OF Jayson Werth, OF Ricky Ledee, RHP Chad Billingsley, LHP Greg Miller, or Edwin Jackson *the Dodgers have much more talent thats a year away, but most of the talent up here could be ready right now. 4. Blue Jays (serious)-Gustavo Chacin, Gabe Gross, League the thing with the Jays is AJ won't sign there Not so good packages 1. Padres- Talent in the minors is OK, and there's nothing they'd be willing to trade off there ML ballclub 2. The O's- I don't like the package of H.Penn, Jorger Julio, and OF Admin Bigbie One Player deals I like :thumbup 1.Reds- Dunn for Burnett/Juan E. 2. Yankess- Sheff- Burnett/Juan E.
July 15, 200521 yr Good compilation/realistic trades...but I dont think the Tigers would be willing to trade Joel Zumaya in that trade...I beleive he is untouchable... Kyle Sleeth is out for at least a year just so you know. The Tigers would give you guys Jason Johnson (5-7, 2.87 ERA)
July 15, 200521 yr thanks for all this teal, great info is that dunn deal really on the table??? because i would jump all over that
July 15, 200521 yr Author Good compilation/realistic trades...but I dont think the Tigers would be willing to trade Joel Zumaya in that trade...I beleive he is untouchable... Kyle Sleeth is out for at least a year just so you know. The Tigers would give you guys Jason Johnson (5-7, 2.87 ERA) 856901[/snapback] thanks I thought it was another Wake Forest product, I think Zumaya could be had IF there serious
July 15, 200521 yr Author thanks for all this teal, great info is that dunn deal really on the table??? because i would jump all over that 856902[/snapback] Dunn might be on market come July 31st b/c of the 8mil a year he'll make next season, I'd move salaries around to get a Dunn here
July 15, 200521 yr The Tigers would give you guys Jason Johnson (5-7, 2.87 ERA) 856901[/snapback] He's a FA at year end right?
July 15, 200521 yr The Tigers would give you guys Jason Johnson (5-7, 2.87 ERA) 856901[/snapback] He's a FA at year end right? 856911[/snapback] Yep.
July 15, 200521 yr Author one team I forgot who is in the serious side is the.... White Sox- RHP Jose Contreras(he could be closer :shifty ), LHP Damaso Marte(DL right now), OF Ryan Sweeney, OF Brian Anderson, LHP Gio Gonzalez(my favorite), RHP Brandon McCarthy or 3B Joe Crede alot of talent, its hard to take three players from that group
July 15, 200521 yr one team I forgot who is in the serious side is the.... White Sox- RHP Jose Contreras(he could be closer :shifty ), LHP Damaso Marte(DL right now), OF Ryan Sweeney, OF Brian Anderson, LHP Gio Gonzalez(my favorite),RHP Brandon McCarthy or 3B Joe Crede alot of talent, its hard to take three players from that group 856918[/snapback] :notworthy
July 15, 200521 yr Gammons said the rumor was Burnett and Lowell for Contreras, Marte, McCarthy and Anderson. I'd do it. You could end up moving a lot of that talent for more offense if need be. The White Sox thought of Brian Anderson so much they moved Jeremy Reed... that's saying something.
July 15, 200521 yr Author Gammons said the rumor was Burnett and Lowell for Contreras, Marte, McCarthy and Anderson. I'd do it. You could end up moving a lot of that talent for more offense if need be. The White Sox thought of Brian Anderson so much they moved Jeremy Reed... that's saying something. 856922[/snapback] WOW he said that..jezz thats alot talent coming back our way, BUT I'm starting to read this rumors of the Yankees with Pavano. Knowing the Marlins with clearing salary being more important than getting the best deal, so with that being said a Leiter/ AJ for Pavano and half his salary would be the best deal
July 15, 200521 yr Ed, do ya know if anything is closer to real fruition, which teams are closest to making a deal as of this moment?
July 15, 200521 yr Gammons said the rumor was Burnett and Lowell for Contreras, Marte, McCarthy and Anderson. I'd do it. You could end up moving a lot of that talent for more offense if need be. The White Sox thought of Brian Anderson so much they moved Jeremy Reed... that's saying something. 856922[/snapback] That'd be a tremendous deal if we could get it done.
July 15, 200521 yr Author Everything that i know is already out there, but this Pavano deal makes since for them in the wallet, but on the field? I feel there are and will be better offers by July 31st., but if this Pavano deal is true it could happen in the next week before the 10day deadline with Leiter
July 15, 200521 yr I wouldnt mind my boy Gio Gonzalez becoming a Marlin!! His is balling in the minors right now and that would mean some free tickets for me!
July 15, 200521 yr Giovany Gonzalez: Individual Stats (Pitching) Team From To W L ERA G GS CG SHO SV IP H R ER HR BB SO Kannapolis Intimidators 04/07 06/17 5 3 1.87 11 10 0 0 0 57.2 36 16 12 3 22 84 Winston-Salem Warthogs 06/17 07/14 2 0 4.34 4 4 0 0 0 18.2 16 9 9 2 6 23
July 15, 200521 yr why would the reds want aj? That would have to be within a 3 team trade really and honestly. Plus Dunn is just a home run hitter in a home run hitters park. He would die within Joe Robbie. I like the white sox, blue jays deals best honestly. The pavano deal makes a bit of sense. Now do the white sox give us cash too? Contras has a large contract still from the yankees. So I would be worried about that.
July 15, 200521 yr Dunn's home runs would go out anywhere. But you're right about the rest. Contreras is due $4M the rest of this year and $9M next year
July 15, 200521 yr why would the reds want aj? That would have to be within a 3 team trade really and honestly. Plus Dunn is just a home run hitter in a home run hitters park. He would die within Joe Robbie. I like the white sox, blue jays deals best honestly. The pavano deal makes a bit of sense. Now do the white sox give us cash too? Contras has a large contract still from the yankees. So I would be worried about that. Actually the White Sox are on the hook for only 6 million of the 8 or 9 million Contreras will get next year and then he is a free agent. If anything we have to give them cash if Lowell is involved cause Lowell has 2 more years remaining at 8 million. I think Contreras can be a solid 3# in the NL and Dolphin Stadium will only help him out.
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.