Marlins will trade whith in a week

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/baseball...2p-281134c.html

MLB aide: Sox

will get Burnett

Marlins righthander A.J. Burnett will be traded to the Red Sox within a week, an MLB official said yesterday. Boston plans to sign Burnett to an extension.

Red Sox special assistant Bill Lajoie watched Burnett's outing Thursday in Philadelphia, when he allowed six runs in five innings, including second-inning homers to Pat Burrell, Ryan Howard and Mike Lieberthal. Burnett is 5-6 with a 3.64 ERA in 18 starts this season.

"There is no truth at all to any deal we are making with the Marlins," Sox GM Theo Eptein said via an E-mail.

Adam Rubin and Roger Rubin

Out of all the possible deals mentioned for Burnett I would say the Red Sox deal is the WEAKEST, unless there is something major being added i am not sure why the Marlins would send AJ to the Bo Sox

859555[/snapback]

Arroyo and Hanley Ramirez is a good deal for me.

If what we've heard before is true it would have to be Burnett and Lowell's contract, in exchange for, I guess, Arroyo, Ramirez, and cash.

Does that make us better this year? No. Is that even? No. There needs to be more to a deal. Millar????

859693[/snapback]

If they take Lowell's contract in its entirety and give us Hanley and Arroyo, I think it's pretty close to even. Talent wise, no, but Lowell is quickly becoming the new Albert Belle...I don't think we can even accurately value how important it may be for us to get out of that contract when you consider how much is still owed...

Stop throwing Hanley Ramirez's name out there carelessly. The Red Sox really dont want to part with their 'Fab Foure' (Hanley Ramirez, Annibal Sanchez, Jon Lester, Jon Paplebon).

Hanley is almost as untouchable as they come for any team.

Theo Epstein's To Do list from day one has included stocking and building up his famr system to use on the Red Sox, in the future. Hanley Ramirez is a big piece of this and could be next year's second baseman (he recently switched from SS in the minors to 2B).

The Red Sox dont want to become Yankees 2 after this year and get old and tired and run out of young prospects. Papelbon and Lester fit highly into the Sox plans for the future, and I could only see someone like a Lester be dealt if we could get Billy Wagner.

I am starting to believe less and less that the Sox are going to bite on a career under .500 pitcher if he has to give up one of the big 4. You guys are underestimating the value of a team stripping 9 million from your payroll for an underachieving player.

I am starting to believe less and less that the Sox are going to bite on a career under .500 pitcher if he has to give up one of the big 4. You guys are underestimating the value of a team stripping 9 million from your payroll for an underachieving player.

859725[/snapback]

Good point, and 18 million total left on his contract. Who are Shoppach and Alvarez? Those are the names that have been thrown around as well.

Anyone know anything about Ramirez, Shoppach and Alvarez? This is a firesale kind of move, which is not what we've been hearing what the Marlins want to do. I don't believe that that is the deal. There needs to be major league parts.

Maybe Arroyo, Millar and Ramirez?

859704[/snapback]

that'd be cool to get millar back. i doubt we will get Arroyo, Millar and bostons top prospect for just a struggling mike lowell who would be a bench player there unless he got back to his normal self and aj can be inconsistent at times

859725[/snapback]

Good point, and 18 million total left on his contract. Who are Shoppach and Alvarez? Those are the names that have been thrown around as well.

859727[/snapback]

Kelly Shoppach is a Catching prospect in Pawtucket, who some think is major league ready depending on your team, he is at least a decent back up right now at 25.

(.254/17/47/.357/.521)

Shoopach doesnt play out to the future plans of the Red Sox. He is def. tradeable.

Abe Alvarez is a 22 year old LHP prospect in Pawtucket. He is a two time eastern league all-star and his pedigree is from LBSU. He is a great control pitcher...some of the best control in the minors.

(7-4, 4.67, 73 SO in 94.1 IP)

Stranger things have happened but there was so much bad blood between the Marlins and Millar, before and after he left, and Theo's reprehensible sticking of his nose into an already consummated deal, plus the John Henry factor, maybe Loria and Beinfest show themselves to be the bigger men and put the past behind them, but it seems to me the last team the Marlins want to assist, and the last player they want to reacquire (save perhaps Cliff Floyd) is Kevin Millar.

He isn't going to play first, and all he does in the outfield is make Juan Pierre's job harder.

Arroyo and jeremi gonzalez.

859754[/snapback]

jeremi gonzalez is pretty much worthless

859795[/snapback]

Tell that to the Red Sox fan who saw him keep us in the game yesterday in long relief going 3.1 IP and only 1 ER.

Not saying he is a hot trade commodity, but he is a serviceable arm.

Arroyo and jeremi gonzalez.

859754[/snapback]

jeremi gonzalez is pretty much worthless

859795[/snapback]

Tell that to the Red Sox fan who saw him keep us in the game yesterday in long relief going 3.1 IP and only 1 ER.

Not saying he is a hot trade commodity, but he is a serviceable arm.

859801[/snapback]

oh Im not arguing that... he pitched admirably yesterday

I meant as a guy to go trading for

I would add in Jason Vargas to get a Hanley Ramirez. Make it -

Red Sox get -

Mike Lowell

AJ Burnett

Jason Vargas

Marlins get -

Bronson Arroyo

Hanley Ramirez.

With Ramirez you are talking about a future all star at a premium position. He could step in for AGonz next year right away and put up the same numbers he has this year, but probably a little better power.

This would give us payroll flexibility also to maybe resign a Juan Enc and Juan Pierre or another outfielder to play opposite Hermida. We would have a young and exciting team with two of the leading ROY candiates. We'd still have a solid (if not very deep) starting rotation of Beckett , Willis, Olsen, Arroyo, Muehler (if we resign him , or another FA 5th starter option)

Imagine -

Pierre

Castillo

Cabs

Delgado

Juan Enc

Lo Duca

Hermida

Hanley

That is a young,cheaper,exciting ball club, and we still have plenty of pitching talent in the minors.