Do the Marlins really want Mark Redman?

Teal Shadow

Mark Redman took a loss to the Astros after giving up six runs in six innings tonight.

Redman has lost six straight starts, pitching poorly in all but one of the outings. His ERA has jumped from 2.82 to 4.24 during the stretch. The trade talk isn't going to die down just because he's struggling, but he's killing whatever return the Pirates were hoping for. rotoworld

Mark Redman took a loss to the Astros after giving up six runs in six innings tonight.

Redman has lost six straight starts, pitching poorly in all but one of the outings. His ERA has jumped from 2.82 to 4.24 during the stretch. The trade talk isn't going to die down just because he's struggling, but he's killing whatever return the Pirates were hoping for. rotoworld

866212[/snapback]

i'll take him only after burnett and lowell are gone and for some reason we didn't get a pitcher in the deal

please god no, we dont need leiters clone

866554[/snapback]

Leiters clone?! Redman pitched his @$$ off for the fish in 03'(14-9 with 3 CG in 190 IP.) I don't see why we wouldn't bring him back.

Look at Leiter, started Sunday for the yanks and pitched amazing. Maybe a change would do big red some good.

please god no, we dont need leiters clone

866554[/snapback]

Leiters clone?! Redman pitched his @$$ off for the fish in 03'(14-9 with 3 CG in 190 IP.) I don't see why we wouldn't bring him back.

866593[/snapback]

we need a pitcher that is going to help us win right now, not someone you are unsure of and are gambling that a scenario change will turn it around. AJ burnett for half a year is much better of an option.

Mark Redman's 2006 contract status is interesting....

He has a player option for 4.5 million. Also the Pirates have a team option to keep him for 5 million, but Red must agree to it. I don't know how options typically work with a trade... I assume Florida would inherit the options unless the trade negates it. Anyhow the possibility of him going FA in 2006 makes acquiring him a dicey situation unless they can work out something new.

Look we arent keeping AJ here so we need to live with it :(

Redman is a good solid pitcher, that is struggling a bit up there. Give him a good defense (us) and pitchers park behind him and he will be solid for us.

He would be fine if he only costs us Bigbie.

866795[/snapback]

I would rather have AJ burnett for the rest of this year and no more than trade him for absoulute crap.

I would welcome Mark redman with open arms, the guy did great in a pitcher's park for the Marlins in 2003, although he was lit up in the playoffs, I had confidence having him out there every outing during the 2003 regular season. The guy is a gamer with great stuff, not a power pitcher, but knew how to handle any given situation, and has never been known to give up much runs despite the defense behind him in recent years besides the 2003 Marlins ofcourse, their main attribute was on the field. We need to bring big red back, it's a win win situation, afterall, what would the Pirates want for him?

Mark Redman's 2006 contract status is interesting....

He has a player option for 4.5 million. Also the Pirates have a team option to keep him for 5 million, but Red must agree to it. I don't know how options typically work with a trade... I assume Florida would inherit the options unless the trade negates it. Anyhow the possibility of him going FA in 2006 makes acquiring him a dicey situation unless they can work out something new.

866814[/snapback]

so we would have to pay at least 4.5 million to resign him. Can't see that happening, plus should his current run of poor performances continue, he would definitely exercise this, unless there was a buyout clause. All in all seems a bit of a bum option, that would cost us a lot of money.