The Badass Team Tourney

Mark

Which team would win in an all out brawl?

Please explain your choice and who the major players are.

The Marlins will have to win by a large margin in order for them to advance. It will be up to me to decide. Since you are all blind homers.

Well Mark, the Marlins have routinely won the brawls lately. But the Braves have Bobby Cox. The Phillies would lose all the time because they have that pansy of a manager, Charlie Manuel. Nats just bitch and complain. Mets, are, well, the Mets.

867028[/snapback]

Yes, I know.

I'm glad there are people like you that will back up their arguement. I'm trying to avoid the ones that just vote and have no logical reasoning.

I'll go with the Nats. It's true they are a new born team and people don't expect much from them. What I like about them is their tight defence. With a small offence and constant aid from Guillen, they are forced to do their best RBI'ing rather then the prayer off Home Runs which most teams do.

Their bull pen is strong and keeps their low runs in the game. Thats why they are able to win such close victories. They maybe considered "fading" but I beleive a come back will be in the making.

As long as they keep their bull pen strong and healthy, their offence won't be pressured all the time and those "pathetic" 1-4 run games will be worth it in the end!

I can't vote for the Phils or Marlins, because neither was particularly impressive in their brawl last season. The Braves seem too professional to be a good fighting team, and outside of Cliff Floyd, who might get injured at any moment in the fight, the Mets don't scare me.

Jose Guillen, on the other hand, seems a bit off upstairs and could bust out in a brawl. And Frank Robinson, in his showdown with the Angels, proved his mettle to me.

I'm going with the Nats.

Well Mark, the Marlins have routinely won the brawls lately. But the Braves have Bobby Cox. The Phillies would lose all the time because they have that pansy of a manager, Charlie Manuel. Nats just bitch and complain. Mets, are, well, the Mets.

867028[/snapback]

Yes, I know.

I'm glad there are people like you that will back up their arguement. I'm trying to avoid the ones that just vote and have no logical reasoning.

867030[/snapback]

Well anyway, I am going to go with the Nats just by the fact they have Jose Guillen who will kick anyone associated with Mike Scoscia's ass any day.

I'll go with the Nats. It's true they are a new born team and people don't expect much from them. What I like about them is their tight defence. With a small offence and constant aid from Guillen, they are forced to do their best RBI'ing rather then the prayer off Home Runs which most teams do.

Their bull pen is strong and keeps their low runs in the game. Thats why they are able to win such close victories. They maybe considered "fading" but I beleive a come back will be in the making.

As long as they keep their bull pen strong and healthy, their offence won't be pressured all the time and those "pathetic" 1-4 run games will be worth it in the end!

867048[/snapback]

:plain

Guest Juanky

Well I know it's late, but I'll say why I voted for the Marlins!

Well, Alex Gonzalez likes to box (see, last year vs Phillies), AJ Burnett is a big mufocka, Josh has no issues with confrontation, Dontrelle charges opponents with bats (2003 vs Boston, Game 1), Delgado just looks like he would whoop some ass, and we got some strange guys in our pen. Plus you know Enc/Dragon Slayer/Mota would form some kind of ridiculous Dominican Triple Tag Team complete with LWO entrance music.