Dont look now but....

musk

We haven't won 2 in a row by such handsome leads in a long time. I'm still not completely optimistic but the next week of games should be very interesting. I still hold what I said, lose only 3 games from here until next sunday and we may be seeing a turnaround. :o

also, the nationals just cant seem to win anymore. they are falling pretty hard pretty fast. i have a feeling by the end of this month i will have a lot comments to retract.

We haven't won 2 in a row by such handsome leads in a long time. I'm still not completely optimistic but the next week of games should be very interesting. I still hold what I said, lose only 3 games from here until next sunday and we may be seeing a turnaround. :o

also, the nationals just cant seem to win anymore. they are falling pretty hard pretty fast. i have a feeling by the end of this month i will have a lot comments to retract.

868656[/snapback]

your sorta contradicting yourself when you make these threads. you are not optimistic about your team yet i see some optimism in your post.

and yes looking at the upcoming few series we have a chance to pickup some majoy ground even before the Nats come to town. :thumbup

I make these threads because games like the past 2 days help rekindle the LITTLE hope i have. The more we win the more my hope will grow. Right now I am not optimistic about the team, you're right. But these wins still make me happy and I am well aware of the talent and history of the players on this team so a little part of me still watches the games in hope that we can turn it around.

I am not committed to being negative about this team. They have to prove to me they deserve my optimism and who knows, maybe after next sunday they will earn it back. lets hope!

I could've told you the Nats were going to come apart, and I have actually been saying it for a little while. That's not to say they may not be in the race the rest of the year, but they played over their heads in June, plain and simple. The more they slip, the more it helps us if you're looking at the wild card because if the Braves overtake them, then you've got a sliding Nats team as the wild-card leaders and then teams that we are tied with in the loss column. If we keep winning, it'll all fall into place... :thumbup

I could've told you the Nats were going to come apart, and I have actually been saying it for a little while. That's not to say they may not be in the race the rest of the year, but they played over their heads in June, plain and simple. The more they slip, the more it helps us if you're looking at the wild card because if the Braves overtake them, then you've got a sliding Nats team as the wild-card leaders and then teams that we are tied with in the loss column. If we keep winning, it'll all fall into place... :thumbup

868672[/snapback]

oh yeah no doubt they have overacieved up to this point. and as much as i dont like rootin for players to get hurt, livan ending his season early is a huge deal

Don't look now but the last time the Marlins won two in a row, they followed it by dropping four in a row.

Sorry, but I had to point that out. It seems everyone on this board thinks the Marlins will suddenly start playing amazing and win the division/wildcard whenever they win, but think the season is over if they drop a couple. (especially a certain WildMarlinMan)

Don't look now but the last time the Marlins won two in a row, they followed it by dropping four in a row.

Sorry, but I had to point that out. It seems everyone on this board thinks the Marlins will suddenly start playing amazing and win the division/wildcard whenever they win, but think the season is over if they drop a couple. (especially a certain WildMarlinMan)

868710[/snapback]

well it doesnt hurt to be optimistic. i guess the fact that they have been putting up huge offensive #'s since the allstar breaks shouldnt be a sign of things to come??? things def look brighter but in no way are people saying "ooh we are gonna win the division etc..". things just look better then they used too. nothing wrong with that. we got our big three pitching this weekend so things could be on a roll

868710[/snapback]

Yep, and the last time they won 2 in a row one game was in extra innings and their offense struggled. Trust me, I am still the most skeptic and negative person on this board. But you 15 runs in these 2 games hasn't been done in a while. I am searching for something to build hope on. And I've said multiple times that they can only lose 3 games between now and next sunday to even show a glimpse of resergence.

I have to give credit where credit is due. These wins are nicee specially with all the trades winds swirling.

All it takes is one game at a time. Personally Id like to see Moehler back with the Marlins next year, but I doubt he will return. He reminds me alot of Mike Redmond when we had him, you know a low key pitcher that with the right run supprt he will give you 12-14 games a year. GUARANTEED. Maybe we could use him as a long releiver, with a starting rotation of Beckett, Burnett(if he stays) or Arroyo, or even Chacin (all three as a 2nd starter), Willis, Vargas, Olsen or Valdez or Moehler. We have a few options....

Plus has anyone noticed, YES the Marlins have given up major runs lately, but its not like if we have not scored runs either(except that game in Philly againt Padilla), most of the games we have lost lately have been b/c of errors(Conine, Lowell, Gonzalez) and b/c of the releif staff(Messenger, De Los Santos, Bump), we are not in as bad of a situation as it may seem

Guest markotsay7

All it takes is one game at a time. Personally Id like to see Moehler back with the Marlins next year, but I doubt he will return. He reminds me alot of Mike Redmond when we had him, you know a low key pitcher that with the right run supprt he will give you 12-14 games a year.

868748[/snapback]

Mike Redmond = catcher

Perhaps you meant Mark Redman?

Guest Juanky

It'd be nice if we could just keep crushing people into the ground like this, be the dominant force that was supposed to open up shop April 5th but went into hibernation.

hah, nice adjetive. crush.

well it sucks because i go back to school in august and september is when they are heavy in the division games at home. oh well. I'm just hoping they face the cardinals in the playoffs so i can go watch them in st louis and be the only teal wearing freak there.

868710[/snapback]

I'm glad you pointed that out because this time when they don't drop 4 in a row, it will look like a vast improvement. :thumbup

We are on the rise. This team is going to live up to potential very soon. I think its coming together. Great starting pitching and timely hitting=MARLINS WIN. If we can continue that through the end of the month, we are going to be very close to the top of the list.

869043[/snapback]

man, your argument should mean something. but unfortunatly you are a gator fan and therefor it means nothing. :(

Guest markotsay7

Willis, Beckett, Burnett, Moehler... I like out chances in the next 4 games.

869470[/snapback]

of course that's assuming that Burnett is traded

869483[/snapback]

Actually that would be assuming he isn't traded.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.