Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

MarlinsBaseball.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

When Beckett is activated, who hits the bullpen?

Featured Replies

Do Vargas or Olsen go to the pen for long relief, or do we send them back down???

 

I think we need to keep these 2 around and send down VDS or someone like that....thoughts?

I am trying to respond to your question...but I have been hypnotized by CJ & Raquel...

 

OMG...

 

:whistle

  • Author

Haha, thanks.

 

CJ = hottest girl ive seen in a while,

 

Id post the site shes at....but.....I cant...you all should know why.

well, if burnett is traded then niether has to go down or go to the bull pen untill valdez gets back

 

i think valdez is coming soon though so one will prob have to leave eventually unless they put valdez in the pen. I would like to give each of them one more start and see how they fare. If they do well then we should think of leaving them and putting valdez in the pen for long relief

Come on guys, you are so full of excuses. I hope that Vargas or Olsen (preferably) get to stay up with the team.

 

BTW, I typed this response with one hand. :plain

 

JK.

i was gonna post but after watching ur sig a few times i fotgot the question..

868957[/snapback]

:lol

Holy s***

 

It took me ten minutes just to read your post

Between the sig and avatar this is a great thread.

 

 

Oh, and I agree completely. That's exactly what needs to be done.

vargas goes down. olsen is a little more proven.

869064[/snapback]

 

I don't know about that. Vargas looked like he has more zip on his fastball than Olsen. The kid was throwing strikes from the get-go. Olsen looks more like a control/location pitcher.

BTW, I have been unable to utter any comprehensible sound ever since the first time I saw your signature... I just remember reading something about Vargas and Olsen...?

 

:blink:

 

Could you repeat your post again? just be sure you keep the signature...

 

:shifty

Send down Santos and put Olsen in the pen. If Vargas does poorly in his next start, put Olsen back in the rotation.

 

Who knows how Valdez will pitch, so don't count on anything. Vargas or Olsen could very well be better, so don't automatically give it to him.

869196[/snapback]

or we could keep santos olsen and vargas in the pen just send down one of our bench players. cause we don't need 5 more like 3. cause willis can certainly hit and so far so can vargas.

but seriously if we had to send a pitcher down it would be :

give me an r

give me an i

give me an e

give me a d

give me a l

give me an i

give me an n

give me a g

 

and what's that spell RIEDLING!!!!! santos is a helluva lot better than riedling trust me. i'm probably better than him and i only throw 60 MPH.

I don't think the FO wants these kids in the pen. So someone will probably go to AAA. OF the two I would keep Olsen for now at least until someone is traded or Valdez gets activated.

FWIW Tresop posted in a similar thread as this here that Olsen and Vargas will be sent back to the minors soon. Which means our pitching staff will look like this when everyone comes off the DL:

 

SP- Beckett, Burnett/???, Moehler Valdez, Willis

RP- Alfonseca, DeLosSantos, Jones, Mecir, Mota, and probably two of Messenger, Riedling and Smith

I think Olsen and Vargas both should be sent back down, where they can start every 5 days and get some work so they can be effective when they are called back up (this year or next)

no real use in having them in long relief, where they don't get a lot of innings

I think Olsen and Vargas both should be sent back down, where they can start every 5 days and get some work so they can be effective when they are called back up (this year or next)

no real use in having them in long relief, where they don't get a lot of innings

869791[/snapback]

Agreed. I think that's what happened to Bump. He was always a starter and a fairly effective one too. I don't believe that all starters should be kept up and put in the bullpen as they need the work every five days to keep up their arm strengths.

Anybody know exactly what's wrong with Bump? I think he may have warmed up too many times without getting in games. Jack is known for that.

No report. Inflammation in his right shoulder. Could be code word for tendonitis. Probably from unusual usage.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.