Does anyone else have to login every time

MiaFLSurf

Hasn't happened to me so let me get some info from those having the problem.

If you are having this problem:

1) What browser are you using?

2) What Operating System do you run?

3) How long has this been going on?

4) Does it happen every time you visit or randomly?

5) Have you tried to clear your cache/history?

6) Have you tried to delete your cookies?

7) Is it happening just here or on other sites too?

I'll collect this info and try and figure outa solution. Thanks

Im using firefox, Windows XP, Its been going on for maybe a week and a half now (i was logged in all the time before), it happens every time i revisit the site, i have cleared my cache/history/cookies, but i dont have them disabled, nor is marlinsbaseball.com blocked. but im going to continue looking on my computer, since i guess most of the people on here dont have the problem.. :confused

Use IE, Windows XP.

Been happening a week and a half as well, every time I revisist the site (after closing a window/browser session).

Cleared and done everything, accepting cookies, etc.

Its only THIS site, I store my login on other sites no problem.

Guest Jack1

Im using firefox, Windows XP, Its been going on for maybe a week and a half now (i was logged in all the time before), it happens every time i revisit the site, i have cleared my cache/history/cookies, but i dont have them disabled, nor is marlinsbaseball.com blocked. but im going to continue looking on my computer, since i guess most of the people on here dont have the problem.. :confused

870600[/snapback]

I thought it was just me...I am using the same things as you and it's been happening for over a week. I just kept logging back in but it's a pain in the butt.

Out of curiousity, have any of you downloaded any security updates in the last week or so?

Just looking for an answer somewhere along the line. I am not experiencing problems on either computer. XP running IE on one, and ME running Firefox on the other.

Has to be a security setting somewhere for it to only have an effect on a small cross section of the members.

I'm assuming you are not all running the same Anti-virus/spyware software.

i doubt it has something to do with one's settings since its happening to many a number of us

873317[/snapback]

Yes, but given the total number of members on the board, it seems to be a small percentage. There has to be some common trend occurring here, it is just a matter of eliminating what it is not. Browser doesn't seem to matter, nor does the operating system.

I know when I used GhostSurf I had that type of problem and had to tweak the settings.

I still think it is security related. Anti-virus, anti-spyware, firewall, or a combination of those. Something is triggering it for some and not the majority.

We'll just have to make sure we wake Admin up early and do not let him go to sleep until late. He must spend every waking minute on this problem. Sleep is overrated, he can rest in the off season :whistle (just trying to help you out, Boss man! :p )

Glad it's been fixed for you Flag Man. cgator had forwarded me that inquiry and I was trying to figure out what's going on.

As cgator said, it's hard to believe it's a problem with the site since so few (in comparison to member base) are having the problem. I'm trying to figure out what is causing it anyway though to help you all out but it is difficult without being able to reproduce the situation.

• 2 weeks later...

Admin, did you change something?

Now the board seems to 'hold on' to things a little too much. When I click 'mark forum as read' ... it doesn't. The individual posts that were read are fine, but the forum acts as though I never read it. I basically have to clear my cache after every visit in order for it to work.

Even the "Mark all posts as read" button on the front page has no effect.

Any thoughts.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.