Heat Closing In On F Antoine Walker

Track Star

Last night, ESPN Radio reported that the Miami Heat have agreed to terms on a two to three year deal for the $5.1 million mid-level exception with F Antoine Walker. Walker will play small forward while Haslem will keep his spot at power forward. Here is the Heat lineup next year.

C Shaquille O'Neal

PF Udonis Haslem

SF Antoine Walker

SG Eddie Jones

PG Dwayne Wade

That is a hell of a lineup. This is a great bargain for the Heat if Walker can make the best with his extreme talent. He is a great shooter and rebounder. He needs to work on his defense.

***Hey Guys,

I made a mistake. I misinterpreted the Big "O" this morning. Must have been how tired I was waking up at 4 A.M. to go to work. Sorry if I got you all excited about this news. My bad. But, you have to admit that this would be the sickest lineup in the NBA.

Last night, ESPN Radio reported that the Miami Heat have agreed to terms on a two to three year deal for the $5.1 million mid-level exception with F Antoine Walker. Walker will play small forward while Haslem will keep his spot at power forward. Here is the Heat lineup next year.

C Shaquille O'Neal

PF Udonis Haslem

SF Antoine Walker

SG Eddie Jones

PG Dwayne Wade

That is a hell of a lineup. This is a great bargain for the Heat if Walker can make the best with his extreme talent. He is a great shooter and rebounder. He needs to work on his defense.

878681[/snapback]

Hopefully this is the case, but everything from the local papers today has Walker meeting with Riley, but was not close to being a done deal.

Hey fauowls44,

I heard this morning that the Heat had worked out a deal with Walker from the Big "O" on 560 WQAM this morning at 5:14 A.M. on my way to work. I am just telling you what I heard this morning.

By the way, good luck to the FAU Owls in their first season of NCAA Football play. They should be a good team.

Hey fauowls44,

I heard this morning that the Heat had worked out a deal with Walker from the Big "O" on 560 WQAM this morning at 5:14 A.M. on my way to work. I am just telling you what I heard this morning.

By the way, good luck to the FAU Owls in their first season of NCAA Football play. They should be a good team.

878685[/snapback]

FAU has been playing NCAA Football since 2001. This year will be their first full season of Division 1-A play. Thanks for the kind words Track!

There is no offical word as to Walker signing with the Heat, he met wit Riley yesterday but no deal has been signed or agreed upon....if something like that were to happen he would have to accept alot less than the 14.6 million he made last year and be ready to come off the bench, which i don't think Walker is willing to do

the papers say that he and riley just met, so who knows if the radio was right or not.

but, if he did sign, it is not to start. The heat wanted scoring off the bench and riley was said to have made clear to antoine that if he was going to play for the heat, he would be coming off the bench.

we aren't going to see wade wasted at the point anymore, you are going to see the same starting 5 as last year, maybe someone other than damon jones at point.

walker will come off the bench if he signs

So I take it DWade is ready to go full-time to the point? I know that last season DJ had to be inserted into the lineup in order to let DWade play off-guard.

EDIT: Now that I saw the above post, I guess it would make sense, considering the Heat need to get ball-distributing PGs. Anything new on the JWill rumormill?

Im shocked he is taking that little of money, but it seems he is dedicated to winning and wants a ring.

Good catch.

878745[/snapback]

well only 3 teams can really offer him anything more.

and those 3 teams are garbage.

well i guess boston could too....but they obviously didnt feel like he was worth the huge bucks.

Why dont we trade Eddie Jones??? I like EJ and everything, but I would like the Heat to trade EJ to get a good PG and then put Walker at the 3. Sure Walker isn't a great Defensive player, but is a nice shooter. You could get a nice PG for Eddie, allow Wade to play the 2, Walker at the 3, and then Haslem and Oneal.....Just a thought.........

Why dont we trade Eddie Jones??? I like EJ and everything, but I would like the Heat to trade EJ to get a good PG and then put Walker at the 3. Sure Walker isn't a great Defensive player, but is a nice shooter. You could get a nice PG for Eddie, allow Wade to play the 2, Walker at the 3, and then Haslem and Oneal.....Just a thought.........

882092[/snapback]

it looks like your wish may be coming true

EJ > Walker

EJ is ten times the better shooter than Walker is. Walker chucks shots up there. EJ atleast shoots for a high percentage for a guard. EJ plays the 3 very nicely and his defensive skills are a 1000 times better than Walker.

882144[/snapback]

Eddie Jones

Miami Heat

Position: F-G

2004-05 Statistics

PPG 12.7

RPG 5.1

APG 2.7

SPG 1.08

BPG .48

FG% .428

FT% .806

3P% .372

MPG 35.5

---------------------------

Antoine Walker

Boston Celtics

Position: F

2004-05 Statistics

PPG 19.1

RPG 9.0

APG 3.4

SPG 1.16

BPG .75

FG% .422

FT% .539

3P% .323

MPG 38.4

Walker does tend to take more shots, but when comparing the stats between these 2 players, EJ shot just .06% points better than Walker did. I understand that Walker was usually the number one option on the Hawks/Celtics and Eddie was the third go to guy with the Heat, but Walker scored more, rebounded better, had more assists, had more blocks, and beat EJ in almost every other important stat, plus Walker is younger and bigger. The Heat have been looking to get rid of Eddie Jones' contract for a while now, why not get rid of him and get a PG who we really need???