UM and UF to renew rivalry

JetsMania

This only makes sense now that UM plays in a real division. Before UM was just another tough game for UF, while UM could focus on it months in advance since it was surrounded by games against powerhouses like Temple

883853[/snapback]

Oh yes, the great powerhouses that Florida plays...

Kentucky, Vanderbilt, Miss St., Ole Miss, Arkansas, and South Carolina.

along with Tennessee, Bama, LSU, Georgia, and FSU. Not exactly weak.

The SEC is the better conference and they still play FSU. They also take on Wyoming, while two years ago this would be a joke matchup. Glenn has completely transformed that team into an early MWC favorite. They may not be in the same league as Florida but Wyoming is far from a cake walk.

I'm not a florida fan but no one can take away that they play a strong schedule.

The SEC is the better conference and they still play FSU, I'm not a florida fan but no one can take away that they play a strong schedule.

884113[/snapback]

It's funny because throughout the 90s Miami's big conference game was playing at the Carrier Dome vs no. 23 Syracuse. While at the time UF was playing #3 Tennessee in Neyland Stadium in front of 107,000. Not to mention UF played consecutively LSU, Auburn, then Georgia in 3 straight weeks.

Yes, Vanderbilt has always sucked. Miss St was a pretty good team in the early 90s and late 90s, and Kentucky wasn't too shabby with Tim Couch and the Hal Mumme offense. Arkansas almost cracks the top 25 every year.

And Ole Miss is a consistent Bowl team.

Don't get me wrong, mixed in with the two cupcake games UF plays some easy teams and has done so for years. Arguing SOS's though is retarted.

Think before you speak.

The SEC is the better conference and they still play FSU, I'm not a florida fan but no one can take away that they play a strong schedule.

884113[/snapback]

It's funny because throughout the 90s Miami's big conference game was playing at the Carrier Dome vs no. 23 Syracuse. While at the time UF was playing #3 Tennessee in Neyland Stadium in front of 107,000. Not to mention UF played consecutively LSU, Auburn, then Georgia in 3 straight weeks.

Yes, Vanderbilt has always sucked. Miss St was a pretty good team in the early 90s and late 90s, and Kentucky wasn't too shabby with Tim Couch and the Hal Mumme offense. Arkansas almost cracks the top 25 every year.

Don't get me wrong, mixed in with the two cupcake games UF plays some easy teams and has done so for years. Arguing SOS's though is retarted.

Think before you speak.

884139[/snapback]

Early years of Big East, UF definitely had the advantage. But for the last 5 years or so, going into West Virginia, VaTech, Boston College, and Syracuse sometimes, wasn't exactly a piece of cake. VaTech is one of the tougher places to play.

884113[/snapback]

Think before you speak.

884139[/snapback]

Early years of Big East, UF definitely had the advantage. But for the last 5 years or so, going into West Virginia, VaTech, Boston College, and Syracuse sometimes, wasn't exactly a piece of cake. VaTech is one of the tougher places to play.

884154[/snapback]

I'm not arguing that. It got better. Not SEC or maybe even ACC good though at the time.

Remember when VaTech got absolutely destroyed by FSU in the NC?

884113[/snapback]

Think before you speak.

884139[/snapback]

884154[/snapback]

I'm not arguing that. It got better. Not SEC or maybe even ACC good though at the time.

Remember when VaTech got absolutely destroyed by FSU in the NC?

884171[/snapback]

Yes I do, and I commend Bobby Bowden for beating the crap outta VaTech. I don't mind FSU too much, I hate VaTech more.

I would love to miami and florida to play every year. But as a Florida fan there is no way we will ever win the national championship again if we have to play florida state, tenn, georgia, and miami every year. You can put at least two losses on the board just from those four games and two losses will not win you a national championship.

I would love to miami and florida to play every year. But as a Florida fan there is no way we will ever win the national championship again if we have to play florida state, tenn, georgia, and miami every year. You can put at least two losses on the board just from those four games and two losses will not win you a national championship.

884733[/snapback]

As the old saying goes:

You have to beat the best to be the best.

I'm glad to see UM added on as the 12th game.

Miami will also play Oklahoma away sept of 2007 and home sept 2008.

883765[/snapback]

Very nice. This seems to be becoming the new trend among major programs.

Miami comes to Ohio State in Sept of 2010 and we come down there in Sept of 2011.

We're playing home and home with Texas this year and next and one with USC in 2008-2009.

It's good to see these powers playing each other like this.

So you played us during down years, *****ZOOK*****

we lacked the discipline on the field. But I have seen this team change and the Former GATOR glory will be rekindled in the swamp of Florida.

Bring your duck and we will faceoff and you will once again see the might of the FLORIDA GATORS!!!!!!

we lacked the discipline on the field. But I have seen this team change and the Former GATOR glory will be rekindled in the swamp of Florida.

Bring your duck and we will faceoff and you will once again see the might of the FLORIDA GATORS!!!!!!

884842[/snapback]

Yeah because in 1996 or whenever they decide to make these games it was known UF was gonna suck with a coach named Ron Zook.

Guest Juanky

Or because those were the only years that we could play you thanks to scheduling?

UM wasn't the one that canceled the yearly game back in the late 80's. And I bet if you had played us anywhere from 96-99 you'd be talking massive trash as if you were the second coming of the 72 Dolphins. But since a very good Florida team couldn't beat a great Miami team a couple years in a row, it's automatically because you guys were in a down turn? Please.

How many wins did ball coach have against The U again?

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.