August 12, 200521 yr Triple-A Albuquerque's Wilson Delgado was suspended for 30 games for violating the minor league drug policy. Delgado was suspended for 15 games in May under the steroids policy. If he hadn't already, he's probably now seriously jeopardized his chances of ever returning to the majors. Compliments of Rotoworld
August 12, 200521 yr http://mlb.mlb.com/NASApp/mlb/news/press_r...t=.jsp&c_id=mlb the first headline to that article was "Marlins' Delgado suspended for steroids" I about crapped my pants!!!!!!!!!!1 :nono :nono :nono :nono :nono
August 12, 200521 yr I don't get it. How could he be so stupid (a word I am loathe to use about anyone) having been caught once, to do it again? I am truly baffled what is going through his head. The only thing I can think of is that there s still some residue of what got him in trouble the first time. Canseco has said (and using him as a source is, well, a problem in itself) that certain metabalytes can stay in your system for years.
August 12, 200521 yr Author The only thing I can think of is that there s still some residue of what got him in trouble the first time. Canseco has said (and using him as a source is, well, a problem in itself) that certain metabalytes can stay in your system for years. 899981[/snapback] Thats my guess...there's no way he could possibly think that he would get away with it
August 12, 200521 yr Maybe he is just very desperate to get to the majors so he thinks it is worth the risk. Maybe he believes steroids are his only chance. So sad, so sad.
August 12, 200521 yr W. Delgado = The Big Fish. :lol 900079[/snapback] I could see where an MLB employee saw a test results like this: - Player Organization: Florida Marlins - Player Number: 4345554 - Player Last Name: Delgado - Result: Positive And then leaked to the media that a 'big fish' was caught
August 12, 200521 yr W. Delgado = The Big Fish. :lol 900079[/snapback] I could see where an MLB employee saw a test results like this: - Player Organization: Florida Marlins - Player Number: 4345554 - Player Last Name: Delgado - Result: Positive And then leaked to the media that a 'big fish' was caught 900083[/snapback] Quite possible.
August 13, 200521 yr For one poster above: The word is "metabolite." And some hardcore steroids can stay in your system for a month or longer.
August 13, 200521 yr What is it going to take for these players to learn (major and minor leaguers alike)?! I am definetly a fan of upping the amount of games suspended for first offense...say 50 games first offense, whole season 2nd offense...somethings gotta be done, I don't want to see another huge star the likes of Raffy (except for maybe Bonds) go down.
August 13, 200521 yr the quote says he violated the drug policy (ala Ricky?) this time and the steroid policy last time (ala Raffy), perhaps it was for drugs this time and not steriods, if it was for steriods...I hope for his sake it was remnants from last time. I think 10 games for the first offense is fair because some of them may accidently take something over the counter or some kind of supplement of that nature (more health than muscle I mean...if that makes sense) not realizing its on the list of banned drugs, if its some kid whos new and is obviously not on steriods Id feel bad for the guy if he got kicked out for 50 games then screwed himself over for that. If a guy gets caught twice then he should be out for a full season and the third time either 2 season and a fourth banishment or the third time straight banishment. If you arent smart enough to make sure you know every banned substance after one time you deserve to sit out a year. I believe some basic over the counter stuff is on the banned list, if Im mistaken then forget my last paragraph.
August 13, 200521 yr the quote says he violated the drug policy (ala Ricky?) this time and the steroid policy last time (ala Raffy), perhaps it was for drugs this time and not steriods, if it was for steriods...I hope for his sake it was remnants from last time. I think 10 games for the first offense is fair because some of them may accidently take something over the counter or some kind of supplement of that nature (more health than muscle I mean...if that makes sense) not realizing its on the list of banned drugs, if its some kid whos new and is obviously not on steriods Id feel bad for the guy if he got kicked out for 50 games then screwed himself over for that. If a guy gets caught twice then he should be out for a full season and the third time either 2 season and a fourth banishment or the third time straight banishment. If you arent smart enough to make sure you know every banned substance after one time you deserve to sit out a year. I believe some basic over the counter stuff is on the banned list, if Im mistaken then forget my last paragraph. 900368[/snapback] I think you may be right as far as the OTC stuff is concerned...everything I have read has given me that impression as well. It's a pretty weird policy that bans things someone can easily walk into a store and purchase, so yeah I'm the same way about the 50-game thing. I'd have no problem giving someone 50 games for first offense if they've got a needle out and doing something illegal, but yeah, for walking into GNC and buying the wrong bottle that seems pretty stiff.
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.