Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

MarlinsBaseball.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

65 Girls Pregnant In Ohio H.S

Featured Replies

There are 490 female students at Timken High School, and 65 are pregnant, according to a recent report in the Canton Repository.

 

The article reported that some would say that movies, TV, videogames, lazy parents and lax discipline may all be to blame.

 

School officials are not sure they what has caused so many pregnancies, but in response to them, the school is launching a three-prong educational program to address pregnancy, prevention and parenting.

 

The newspaper also reported that students will face mounting tensions created by unplanned child-rearing responsibilities, causing students to quit school and plan for a GED. This will make it difficult for the Canton City School District to shake its academic watch designation by the state.

 

According to the Canton Health Department, statistics through July show that 104 of the 586 babies born to Canton residents in Aultman Hospital and Mercy Medical Center had mothers between 11 and 19.

 

The newspaper reports that the non-Canton rate was 7 percent. Canton was 15 percent.

http://www.newsnet5.com/news/4885861/detail.html

Proof that teaching abstinence only is working.

 

 

:plain

 

 

There are only a few individuals to blame in this situation:

 

Crappy parents

Stupid kids not using contraceptives

School officials are not sure they what has caused so many pregnancies

912367[/snapback]

 

 

Sexual intercourse is my guess.

  • Author

School officials are not sure they what has caused so many pregnancies

912367[/snapback]

 

 

Sexual intercourse is my guess.

912411[/snapback]

:lol :notworthy

The article reported that some would say that movies, TV, videogames, lazy parents and lax discipline may all be to blame.

 

 

It's true... the TV is my baby's daddy.

 

:mellow:

  • Author

The article reported that some would say that movies, TV, videogames, lazy parents and lax discipline may all be to blame.

 

 

It's true... the TV is my baby's daddy.

 

:mellow:

912445[/snapback]

Well I would say my biggest sexual influence has been 'Full House'...

 

:plain

School officials are not sure they what has caused so many pregnancies

912367[/snapback]

 

 

Sexual intercourse is my guess.

912411[/snapback]

:lol :notworthy

:lol I like all the funny responses to this post. This reminds me of when male hamsters make their way into the female hamster cage at the pet store. Suddenly everyone is pregnant.

Proof that teaching abstinence only is working.

 

 

:plain

 

 

There are only a few individuals to blame in this situation:

 

Crappy parents

Stupid kids not using contraceptives

912408[/snapback]

Yep. :thumbup

How do you know only abstinence was being taught in the school?

912476[/snapback]

That's the national standard.

  • Author

How do you know only abstinence was being taught in the school?

912476[/snapback]

That's the national standard.

912489[/snapback]

I was taught both, isnt it up to the school district?

How do you know only abstinence was being taught in the school?

912476[/snapback]

That's the national standard.

912489[/snapback]

I was taught both, isnt it up to the school district?

912491[/snapback]

I was taught essentially abstinence-only.

 

 

They told us about the contraceptives, but nothing beyond that. It was like, "The only effective way to not have a child or get STDs is abstinence". Not much about safe-sex other than that.

  • Author

How do you know only abstinence was being taught in the school?

912476[/snapback]

That's the national standard.

912489[/snapback]

I was taught both, isnt it up to the school district?

912491[/snapback]

I was taught essentially abstinence-only.

 

 

They told us about the contraceptives, but nothing beyond that. It was like, "The only effective way to not have a child or get STDs is abstinence". Not much about safe-sex other than that.

912500[/snapback]

Well uh, abstinence would be the only way to guarantee you are not going to get a STD or have a child.

Come on guys, its Ohio. I wonder how many of them were with their cousins when they did it.

 

 

/racist

 

Seriously, I almost laughed at this article if not for the fact its true.

Come on guys, its Ohio. I wonder how many of them were with their cousins when they did it.

 

 

/racist

 

Seriously, I almost laughed at this article if not for the fact its true.

912513[/snapback]

 

That's a Kentucky joke. Ohio doesn't have incest. :confused

No matter how much people are educated on sex, there will always be those that are irresponsible and are completely shocked when sex leads to pregnancy.

 

markotsay7's first post in this thread said it all.

How do you know only abstinence was being taught in the school?

912476[/snapback]

That's the national standard.

912489[/snapback]

I was taught both, isnt it up to the school district?

912491[/snapback]

I was taught essentially abstinence-only.

 

 

They told us about the contraceptives, but nothing beyond that. It was like, "The only effective way to not have a child or get STDs is abstinence". Not much about safe-sex other than that.

912500[/snapback]

Well uh, abstinence would be the only way to guarantee you are not going to get a STD or have a child.

912501[/snapback]

 

 

But condoms and birth control are so effective that its useful to teach kids about them. Its like telling kids the only way not to drown is to stay away form pools, then not teaching them how to swim.

Come on guys, its Ohio. I wonder how many of them were with their cousins when they did it.

 

 

/racist

 

Seriously, I almost laughed at this article if not for the fact its true.

912513[/snapback]

 

Canton is in northern Ohio, not Southern Ohio.

 

Grow up.

Come on guys, its Ohio. I wonder how many of them were with their cousins when they did it.

 

 

/racist

 

Seriously, I almost laughed at this article if not for the fact its true.

912513[/snapback]

 

Canton is in northern Ohio, not Southern Ohio.

 

Grow up.

912558[/snapback]

I was being saracastic. If you didn't tell.

In my night school class at Miami High one girl who is like 19 is pregnant and already has 2 kids.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.