Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

MarlinsBaseball.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

RIP Eddie Guerrero

Featured Replies

RIP...The LWo days and his CW matches in WCW were the best...that and the Filthy Animals group he had with Rey Mysterio, Billy Kidman, Konnan, and Torrie Wilson (I know, they were a ripoff of DX, but still...)

my guess is is that steroids caused his death like most of these pro wrestlers who die so young

what's so sad about this is that this is a guy that overcame a drug/ booze problem and a car accident that was a miracle that he survived

RIP...The LWo days and his CW matches in WCW were the best...that and the Filthy Animals group he had with Rey Mysterio, Billy Kidman, Konnan, and Torrie Wilson (I know, they were a ripoff of DX, but still...)

my guess is is that steroids caused his death like most of these pro wrestlers who die so young

what's so sad about this is that this is a guy that overcame a drug/ booze problem and a car accident that was a miracle that he survived

 

 

The Latino World Order days were definetely some of his best moments and my personal favorites.... the guy oozed talent and had the ability to shine in both the ring and on the mic. Whether you hated or loved his character, the guy brought somethin outta ya. Its still tough to know that he has passed away after seeing him for such a long time.....

 

R.I.P. Eddie....... you will be missed

Having had the pleasure to know Latino Heat aka Eddie Guerrero, I was devestated to find out the news this afternoon of his passing.

 

Many people know how many problems he had in the past with the drugs and alcoholism...but not only must we pray for Eddie but we must pray for his wife Vickie and his three daughters (14, 9, 3 yo). They will definetly be missing their husband/daddy.

 

This was very sad day for the world of wrestling. Not only have the fans of the industry lost a friend and an admired talent, but three lil girls lost their daddy.

 

RIP Latino Heat....you will be missed in more ways than one.

 

ARRIBA LA RAZA!!!!

Stunned. I am so sad. 38 years old, I can't believe it. I haven't really followed wrestling in like 3 years but I'd always been a big Eddie fan. He was such a good worker in the ring and I always rooted for him to make it.

 

So many wrestlers have died young in recent years... It's time to see McMahon sitting in front of that Congressional panel like Selig and Tagliabue

????ARRIBA LA RAZA!!!!

 

Fixed.

 

 

... It's time to see McMahon sitting in front of that Congressional panel like Selig and Tagliabue

 

I thought he already went through something like that, back in the early 90's?

  • Author

I did some scrambling around to find thoughts from his co-workers, etc.

 

 

Eddie Guerrero, Chris Benoit, Chris Jericho, Dean Malenko

 

Comments from Others:

 

Chris Jericho Comments

"I am devastated by the news of Eddy's passing and I am so sad... I have so many classic Eddy stories that I would love to share, but instead I'm just going to go and cry myself to sleep remembering what an awesome human being Eddy was and will always be... May God bless your family and your soul and may he keep you safe forever putillo falso.... I love you my brother.."

 

Rey Mysterio Comments

"I would like to ask everyone to please say a little prayer for Eddie and his family. He has been my true friend, my brother, and one of the best person I have ever known. Although, the last few times you've seen us in the ring together, it seems like we didn't see eye to eye. But once we got backstage, Eddie and I were like brothers. What you saw on TV was entertainment. Eddie was a good man, a loving husband and father. He has always been good to me and my family."

 

Dave Batista Comments

"I would like to pay tribute to my very good friend, Eddie Guerrero, who sadly passed away on Sunday morning. Eddie was a joy to work with, and I ask you all to keep Eddie's family and friends in your thoughts and prayers. We'll all miss you Eddie!"

 

Bill Goldberg Comments

"Sadly, we've lost another. Eddie was one of the boys who really helped me early in my career. I'm forever grateful to him for that and deeply saddened by his passing. My thoughts and prayers go out to the entire Guerrero family, especially his wife, children, and Chavo Jr."

Steroids and the lifestyle that goes with the industry.

 

Answer sucks, but facts are facts.

 

 

Nailed on the button! RIP EDDIE!

  • Author

Chris Jericho remembers one of his best friends

By Ed Williams III

 

 

All of WWE was deeply saddened by the news that Eddie Guerrero passed away Sunday morning in Minneapolis. Everyone who knew Eddie has been deeply affected by his untimely passing. RAW and SmackDown Superstars will have the chance to express their thoughts on the former WWE Champion on both RAW and SmackDown this week. Chris Jericho also wanted to express his feelings and thoughts on his long-time friend. In addition, Jericho has provided this special photo (left) from his personal album. The photo is very meaningful to Jericho, as it depicts him and his three closest friends backstage. WWE.com caught up with Jericho who fondly remembered a friend that he has traveled with through Mexico, Japan, ECW, WCW and of course WWE.

 

WWE.com: When did you hear about Eddie Guerrero?s passing?

Chris Jericho: I heard about it yesterday at around noon. Shane McMahon called me and told me. I am devastated by the news of Eddie's passing.

 

WWE.com: What did Eddie mean to you personally?

Chris Jericho: Eddie was one of my best friends in the wrestling business. I?ve known him for 12 years since we met in Mexico City. We?ve been through so much over the years. I hadn?t seen him too much over the last couple of years because we were on different shows. Then, the night before SummerSlam, my flight got delayed. So, instead of flying to wherever we were going, we just stayed overnight at the airport in Tampa. It was my wife and I, and Eddie and his wife happened to be there too, and we talked them into staying over as well. That was probably the last time I had the chance to have a good conversation with him. We had the kind of relationship where all you had to do was talk for about five minutes and you?d be back to where you were the last time you talked to him. We?ve been through a lot of great things together and had a lot of fun together and learned a lot from each other.

 

WWE.com: You said that Chris Benoit, Eddie Guerrero and Dean Malenko were your three best friends in wrestling. What does that picture (above) of the four of you mean to you?

Chris Jericho: There?s a picture of us like that one with Brian Hildebrand the night of that Memorial. When we were in WCW they would call us the New Japan 4 because all four of use came in around the same time, and we all had about the same basic impact. We all came in the same way. We came through new Japan, through ECW. Chris and I came through Calgary and Eddie and Dean came through Florida. We had a lot of respect for each other and we were like kindred spirits. The four of us used to travel together. It was funny because Chris and Eddie would always watch what they eat, and me and Dean were like the fatsos that would look at the back of a cookie box and just laugh. Eddie and Chris eventually split off a little bit because they would want to train at 7:00 in the morning, and me and Dean would wait until 2:00 in the afternoon. But the four of us would always travel together and follow each other. We all respected each other. To get that picture at SummerSlam, eight years after we had the one with Brian, is really special. My wife actually reminded me I had that picture, and I?m so glad we took that picture. Looking at it makes me feel a little better about what happened. I?m not worried for Eddie because he was a man of God and I know he?s in Heaven. I just feel really bad for his family, and I selfishly feel bad for myself. I love Eddie, he was my brother on the road. Even though we didn?t talk too much over the last couple of years, you can?t replace those experiences we had back in Mexico, through Japan and ECW, through WCW which was a hellhole for us at the time ? to go through all of that together is special. To eat dinner in each other?s homes and have our wives know each other ? it?s just really sad. Of all the guys who have passed on over the years, and it seems like there?s been a hundred by now, this one hurts the most because this was one of the brothers. Anyone will tell you that you can probably count the guys you trust on one hand, and now I have four fingers left on that hand. Eddie was almost a mentor to me in a lot of ways, and I was a mentor to him in a lot of ways too. It just hurts. It really, really hurts.

 

[More in URL]

 

Highly unlikely I'll be able to watch Raw without crying in the first two minutes.. Angle is my favorite wrestler and then the likes of Jericho, Benoit, and Eddie. They make wrestling fun.. So yes, I'm upset about this still..

A radiohost on one of the ESPN Radio affiliates totally ripped Eddie today, what I would love to do to that a**hole.

 

Eddie was a true legend in this sport, one of the few who was able to be a favorite among Smarks and Marks(Hardcore internet fans and your casual fan). Yeah, he had some issues but his family doesn't need to hear their beloved ripped on national radio. It's ridiculous and if this were any other sport, their would be a week long tribute.

 

Eddie busted his ass 200+ nights a year, all while chasing a dream that was finally given to him, the man does not deserve to be seen as some joke.

 

Eddie Guerrero was one of the greatest pure wrestlers ever to step into the ring and to any of the anti - wrestling a**holes out there who ripped this man after death, they truly deserve to burn in hell

 

RIP man, The Mullet will never die...

Sitting here, tonight, watching the beginning of Raw...it brought me to tears. And everytime a classic moment is shown or someone points their finger at the sky during the entrance, it all happens again. I cant say how much I will miss watching him in the ring, because I dont think it's sunk in completely yet.

I'm crying for a man who I never met... I've been so sad... If I feel this way I can't imagine how his family must be feeling... they are all definitely in my prayers

correct me if I am wrong but I believe there will be a special of somesort of MSNBC tomorrow night at 9

  • Author

Vickie Guerrero speaks on Eddie's autopsy report

 

After the untimely passing of Eddie Guerrero, WWE and the entire sports-entertainment community is still reeling from the devastating loss of a champion. The initial autopsy reports on Guerrero have come in. WWE.com spoke with Eddie?s widow, Vickie Guerrero, earlier today.

 

?It was heart failure. It was from his past ? the drinking and the drug abuse. They found signs of heart disease. She (the examiner) said that the blood vessels were very worn and narrow, and that just showed all the abuse from the scheduling of work and his past. And Eddie just worked out like crazy all the time. It made his heart grow bigger and work harder and the vessels were getting smaller, and that?s what caused the heart failure. He went into a deep sleep.

 

As soon as they saw his heart, they saw the lining of his heart already had the heart disease. There was no trauma, and Eddie hadn?t hurt himself in any way. It answered a lot of questions. I knew Eddie wasn?t feeling very good for the last week. He was home and kept saying he wasn?t feeling good and we thought it was just ?road tired.? So we thought he just had to rest. It answered a lot of my questions, too, because he was just so exhausted. She said it was normal because the heart was working so hard.

 

[More in URL]

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.