Fins

Lefty

Our issues:

Gus Frerotte. The dude is an awesome backup QB, but we need a real solution for the future at QB. I hope that Cleo Lemon proves something during the preseason or we make a go at Phillip Rivers.

Scott Linehan's playcalling, I just don't understand why we're throwing it 30ish times a game and abandoning the run game when we're down 7 points in the middle of the 3rd quarter. It's a complete mystery to me. Ronnie Brown is tearing it up, but Linehan refuses to run when we're inside the opponent's red zone and it's probably cost us about a half-dozen TDs. It's infuriating. Also, we're running Ricky too much even when he's not effective and that's annoying as hell also. When the guy is getting drilled in the backfield, but Ronnie is averaging a legit 5.0 yards per carry, you gotta give it to Ronnie, not Ricky.

WR drop too many damn passes. Chris Chambers is the main culprit. The guy makes the circus catch, but can't make the easy ones, which is really frustrating. I may be crazy, but I think the Fins should make a play for TO. Hopefully Saban can get TO on valium during the week and just let him go nuts on Sunday.

Our DBs are pretty awful as well. Hopefully the entire unit gets revamped next year. I want to see Howard and Madison gone. I think Daniels will be very good, and I have no problem with Kiwaukee Thomas, Travares Tillman, and Lance Schulters (who might be too expensive to re-sign).

Our issues:

Gus Frerotte. The dude is an awesome backup QB, but we need a real solution for the future at QB. I hope that Cleo Lemon proves something during the preseason or we make a go at Phillip Rivers.

Scott Linehan's playcalling, I just don't understand why we're throwing it 30ish times a game and abandoning the run game when we're down 7 points in the middle of the 3rd quarter. It's a complete mystery to me. Ronnie Brown is tearing it up, but Linehan refuses to run when we're inside the opponent's red zone and it's probably cost us about a half-dozen TDs. It's infuriating. Also, we're running Ricky too much even when he's not effective and that's annoying as hell also. When the guy is getting drilled in the backfield, but Ronnie is averaging a legit 5.0 yards per carry, you gotta give it to Ronnie, not Ricky.

WR drop too many damn passes. Chris Chambers is the main culprit. The guy makes the circus catch, but can't make the easy ones, which is really frustrating. I may be crazy, but I think the Fins should make a play for TO. Hopefully Saban can get TO on valium during the week and just let him go nuts on Sunday.

Our DBs are pretty awful as well. Hopefully the entire unit gets revamped next year. I want to see Howard and Madison gone. I think Daniels will be very good, and I have no problem with Kiwaukee Thomas, Travares Tillman, and Lance Schulters (who might be too expensive to re-sign).

I agree with just about all of this, though I don't think Madison is really the problem in the secondary. Howard is certainly terrible. We'll get Will Poole back next year--he was much better as a rookie than Daniels is, so I still have high hopes for the guy. But I wouldn't mind seeing a CB drafted on Day One of the draft--or we could use our projected $25 million in cap space to get us a good corner.

Chris Chambers is officially mediocre. Booker is better. Chambers makes the occasional ridiculous catch, so it's hard to say he's got terrible hands. But if his hands don't suck, then it's his concentration that sucks. I don't know what it is, but the guy has killed us this year. So, with that in mind...I'd also like see a WR picked up on day one of the draft or in FA.

We obviously need a QB as well. If the team can find solutions to those three positions in the offseason--WR, CB, QB--I really do see good things for them next year.

And now I want to talk about Scott Linehan because this guy is pissing me off. Let's even put aside the ridiculous playcalling in the goalline end of game situations (is it possible for an offensive coordinator to be a choker??? how does one explain this???). Forget all that. I want to know why the hell it is that Ronnie Brown is on the field for only about half of our plays, and probably even less than that. Ronnie Brown is the best offensive threat on our team BY A MILE. Put him on the freaking field! At one point during today's game people in my section were speculating whether he was hurt or not because we hadn't seen him on the field in a long time. FREE RONNIE BROWN.

And I may get a lot of sh*t for saying this, but I'm of the opinion that Ronnie Brown is already one of the five best backs in the league. This guy is an absolute load. He can maul defenders or he can change direction on a dime and leave them grasping for air. He's a fine receiver and a fine blocker. Belichick said he's the best rookie RB he's seen since Tomlinson. He also said he could be a good 3rd WR. I agree on both counts. This may not be a popular opinion now, but I think by this time next year, pretty much everyone will have Ronnie in their Top 5.

Ronnie Brown needs to be used a lot more in the red zone. Ronnie Brown cant be stopped...he chews up yards at a phenominal pace.

Even though Gus was not the problem today an upgrade is desperately needed.

The O Line still needs work.

The Secondary is useless. When teams can pick on one guy and exploit the sh*t out of him, something needs to be done.

Olindo is getting shanky-itis lately.

Ronnie Brown needs to be used a lot more in the red zone. Ronnie Brown cant be stopped...he chews up yards at a phenominal pace.

Even though Gus was not the problem today an upgrade is desperately needed.

The O Line still needs work.

The Secondary is useless. When teams can pick on one guy and exploit the sh*t out of him, something needs to be done.

Olindo is getting shanky-itis lately.

How can you say the OL needs work? Gus was pressured three times all game. They've given up 12 sacks all year, when they gave up 57 last year. We could use an upgrade at C, but our offensive line is a real work of art. Ronnie is running like a beast and Gus is getting tons of time (which makes his errors that much more frustrating). Hudson Houck has turned our OL from a laughingstock to a legitimately talented unit.

Its smoke and mirrors with the OLine and the pass blocking. The run blocking is not there. Ronnie is creating his play, Ricky is getting man handled behind the line everytime. Schemes that Houck uses for pass blocking is working right now, but the talent needs to improve on the line.

Areas of major NEED

QB

LT and C

CB/FS/SS

Areas of lesser need

LB

WR

DE

There are alot more worse options in the league then Gus. In fact I think we have it much better then most teams when it comes to QB. If our f'in receivers could live up to the hype and catch some clutch balls then we wouldnt be talking about this. Bring me TO not another QB.

The worse options at QB than Gus aren't starters though. And I refuse to consider the 49ers an NFL team so they don't count.

If Saban does decide we need a WR, we could try to get Hank Baskett out of New Mexico. He's predicted as a late first-early second round draft pick right now. Of course I am a homer, but I think he is the second best skilled reciever coming out of the this years draft if not the best. He's coming off a nice game against Utah where he had 8 receptions for 135 yards and a td. He has his share rough games but when he is on nobody can stop him.

The biggest problem with this team is that they won on week one, which led to unfair expectations.

This is essentially the same team that won only 4 games last season. The line isn't any better, Ricky and Ronnie splitting the load is working out about as well as letting Minor/Gordon get all the carries, and the defense, as a unit, is starting to be really overrated.

If they had lost to the Broncos, it would have been "oh well, we're rebuilding anyway." Victims of their own flukey success...

There are alot more worse options in the league then Gus. In fact I think we have it much better then most teams when it comes to QB. If our f'in receivers could live up to the hype and catch some clutch balls then we wouldnt be talking about this. Bring me TO not another QB.

The worse options at QB than Gus aren't starters though. And I refuse to consider the 49ers an NFL team so they don't count. lol @ the 49ers comment.

Swifty how can you say our O-Line has not been better this year? I do not know the exact stat perhaps a stat head can help me out but I think they have only given up less then 5 sacks this year or something like that. I'd say thats a huge improvement over last year. Hudson has those guys playing with alot more fire. This team is def an upgrade from last years with the exception of a drop off at defense. Pretty much every position has been upgraded with the exception of WR. But you are right Swift...expectations have def been built up after week 1 and thus the reason Saban never mentioned they were playing for first place this week to the team.

actually that ricky and ronnie thing is fine...... we just need to use em more and go deep on the passing side...

nobody was complaing when ronnie had a 100 yards and ricky had 85 yards on the saints ass.......

and not used enough in the ATL game and than agian yesterday..... same sh*t all the time

and lets face it people chris chambers isn't a #1 WR he's better at a #2 slot i mean take chambers and rank em with all the other #1 WR teams he dont fit in the catogory with 75% the leauges #1's

The biggest problem with this team is that they won on week one, which led to unfair expectations.

This is essentially the same team that won only 4 games last season. The line isn't any better, Ricky and Ronnie splitting the load is working out about as well as letting Minor/Gordon get all the carries, and the defense, as a unit, is starting to be really overrated.

If they had lost to the Broncos, it would have been "oh well, we're rebuilding anyway." Victims of their own flukey success...

This team is playing miles above last year. Last years offense was completely inept. This year we can at least run the ball and occasionally make good plays. Also, our OL has played much better, although they are far from perfect. The reality is that a QB who never should have been starting in the first place, Wrs who can't catch, and a lack of corners as a result of the Surtain trade and Poole's injury are costing us games. Well, along with an OC who thinks he is still on a loveboat in Minnesota. I'd say we'd be a darn good team in two years if our core wasn't so old.

i read something interesting about our o-line and it said what we are averaging rushing when we run behind each position.

lt- 3.3 yds carry Damion McIntosh

rg- 5.0 yds carry Rex Hadnot

c- 6.0 yds carry Seth McKinney

lg- 5.5 yds carry Jeno James

rt- 3.6 yds carry Vernon Carey / Stockar McDougle

something intersting I thought I should share

1) The line this year is SO MUCH better than last year's line. You can call what they're doing smoke and mirrors if you want, but at this time I don't see how anyone can question whether they're at least in the top half of the league. Last year's line? Probably the worst unit in team history.

2) Gus has been terrible. There are, in fact, very few starting QBs out there who are worse than him. He has had plenty of time to make throws, and he's missed open receivers with great consistency. That said, he played pretty well on Sunday. Do our receivers also suck? You betcha. But Gus is far worse than Jay Fiedler ever was.