Superman Returns Trailer

QuickGold

I saw that last night towards the end of Smallville(yes I watch Smallville...good show). The show is supposed to be a prequel to the movie(from what I have heard), so wouldn't it have made more sense to give Tom Welling the role?

Well I agree wholeheartedly there. Welling has 5 years of experience as Superman...Only thing I can think of is that they think he's developed too much of a TV-personality, and wouldn't be fit for the movie.

I watch Smallville...the show has its moments...

As for Superman Returns, I heard that it takes place 15 years after Superman II (apparently Superman III and IV never happened)...After defeating Zod (for the second time if you count last night's episode with Brainiac in the Fortress Of Solitude), Superman left Earth and now years later has come back only to discover that everyone (including Lois) has aged and moved on with their lives...

That doesn't make sense, in the trailer he was talking to Jor El and he was telling Superman why he came to Earth and the he was the champion of mankind and what not.

It's Marlon Brando's voice from Superman I.

Exactly if he does indeed "come back" to Earth after 15 years Im sure he went back to listen to his old man, you know, a pick me up.

That doesn't make sense, in the trailer he was talking to Jor El and he was telling Superman why he came to Earth and the he was the champion of mankind and what not.

It's Marlon Brando's voice from Superman I.

Exactly if he does indeed "come back" to Earth after 15 years Im sure he went back to listen to his old man, you know, a pick me up.

His old man is dead. Krypton blew up.

I'm sure it's just a montage with stuff from past Supermen over new footage to show the coming together of the old storyline with the new actors. Just a guess.

I hope it's not like Spiderman.

Why? The Spidey movies have been great

That movie is too cutsey and colorful for my taste...I feel nothing for Peter Parker in those movies...he just comes off as a wimp to me.

Batman Begins...now THAT is a superhero movie.

You might think that way because Toby McGuire is a fragile and innocent character, while Christain Bale is a steady, more'masculine' fellow. Bale is more of an action hero in the sense of strength and intimidation.

I hope it's not like Spiderman.

Why? The Spidey movies have been great

That movie is too cutsey and colorful for my taste...I feel nothing for Peter Parker in those movies...he just comes off as a wimp to me.

Batman Begins...now THAT is a superhero movie.

You might think that way because Toby McGuire is a fragile and innocent character, while Christain Bale is a steady, more'masculine' fellow. Bale is more of an action hero in the sense of strength and intimidation.

The story line of Batman Begins is 10x's more compelling and emotional then those of Spider Man.

It's preferential.

I like the Batman character more than Spiderman. But, moviewise, I've got to say, while I PREFER Batman over Spiderman, I really dug the Spiderman storyline in the second movie.

Also, a lot of people don't know this, but Michael Chabon (of the Amazing Adventures of Cavalier and Clay) did one of the treatments and it shows which stuff is his. I thought Spiderman was a really well acted character peice with some heavy-duty action moments.

But, Batman with the gangsters, a man alone seeking justice and that tease at the end... Both are real quality.

To each his own. I've been ecstatic over how the second X-Men and both the Spiderman movies have turned out, and Batman Begins was fantastic.

The Spidey movies are supposed to be a little hokey though. Pretty hard to do a Spiderman movie that's gritty and dark. Easy to do a Batman one that way. Moreover, the movies match with the personalities of the characters. Spidey IS hokey. Batman is a dark, brooding badass.

Here's hoping they can do the same with a new Superman movie.

Yuh, I agree. Anyone know who's playing Lex Luthor?

Also, I don't know if anyone knows this, but Marvel sold out all the property rights for their 'B' list characters to be made into films. And by 'B' list, I mean booty. We're talking Powerpack, Hawkeye, Power Man here.

Ugh.

If DC ever does a Green Lantern movie then that's it. Batman, Superman and Green Lantern. I don't need to see any other characters hit the big screen. Unless we're talking DC's vertigo line in which yes, 100 Bullets would inspire a huge amount of excitement with me and probably a few other 100 Bullets fans.