Red Sox offer Hanley Ramirez and prospects

Accord

Im thinking it would be Annibal Sanchez as the 2nd piece in the deal...

Ramirez could start this year/middle of this year.

Sanchez was in AA for the end of this year. He was born 2-27-84.

A - 6-1, 2.40 ERA, 78.2 IP, 95 K's.

AA - 3-5, 3.45 ERA, 57.1 IP, 63 K's.

I dont want to give him up really, he hits mid 90s on the gun and his control is good for someone that throws as hard as he does. He has two breaking ball pitches...a changeup and a curve, the curve is the weaker of the two, but it has gotten better recently.

Hope that helps some.

If It means that Boston has to consume Lowell's deal to get a 25 year old ace, they need to do it. With Pedoria and Renteria in front of Ramirez, I dont think he has much of a future in Boston.

Lester and Sanchez are more highly rated then Papelborn, do you think the Redsox would give up him instead? Or no because he is major league ready?

I dont want to give him up really, he hits mid 90s on the gun and his control is good for someone that throws as hard as he does. He has two breaking ball pitches...a changeup and a curve, the curve is the weaker of the two, but it has gotten better recently.

Hope that helps some.

If It means that Boston has to consume Lowell's deal to get a 25 year old ace, they need to do it. With Pedoria and Renteria in front of Ramirez, I dont think he has much of a future in Boston.

Lester and Sanchez are more highly rated then Papelborn, do you think the Redsox would give up him instead? Or no because he is major league ready?

Paplebon will be in our starting rotation next year, he wont be traded.

Hope that helps some.

That was my own thoughts, I figured I would ask.

Lester is 1 year away and Sanchez is 2 years away?

Hope that helps some.

That was my own thoughts, I figured I would ask.

Lester is 1 year away and Sanchez is 2 years away?

Lester is more like 1.5...and yes, I could see Annibal only being 2 years away if he gets some time in AAA this year...

If the Red Sox are serious about re-establishing a working relationship with the Marlins now that little Theo is gone, and if they are serious about trying to land Beckett, I submit that Papelbon is on the table if Beinfest wants him.

You can't take prospects that are 1 1/2 to 2 years away in every deal, and you are trading a Josh Beckett.

While Papelbon may have a lower ceiling than the others, he's ready, or nearly ready NOW, and that brings value to the negotiating table. Since the Red Sox have no MLB position player (and a two-time all-star) to offer, it only makes sense that their offered pitcher be more major league ready.

This idea that because Papelbon appears ready to vie for a starting role in 2006 in Beantown, he's untouchable, is silly. I mean, Josh Beckett just fell in their lap, I think they'd be more than willing to accomodate us.

They should be thankful we didn't demand Hansen. :D

Clearly Boston's offer > Texas's offer

Which is surprising to me, with Beckett's birth place and the Rangers' desperate need for pitching.

Every starter for the BoSox had an ERA over 4.

Too much can happen to pitchers that are 1 1/2 to 2 years away to count on them to ever deliver and for that reason, the Red Sox deal, as constituted today (or at least offered in the press...what do we really know about what is being offered in reality?) is not a better offer than the Rangers.

Say what you will about Blalock, he is a proven MLB all-star with a low price tag, and as such has much more value in the marketplace than any two prospects that can be offered.

The dodger offer that is on espn.com could be pretty sweet as well. Billingsley, guzman and another pitcher who throws gas.

Last night i had a hunch the dodgers would be in this because they need a 3b so bad and have $.

I still think people are not giving the texas offer enough value. Look at it this way, if the marlins deal blalock to the twins what would they get to go with Denks or diamond? More than Hanley Ramirez. Whether you like him or not Blalock has alot of admirers in MLB. I would want to keep blalock. I can deal with reducing payroll but I dont want to see a bunch of AA players starting for the Marlins. They need to get big league ready players that are affordable.

Just a few thoughts here from a Red Sox fan POV:

Papelbon is not on the table under any circumstance.

I'd be very very surprised to see Lester involved in the deal. He's widely considered to be their #1 prospect and should be in the majors by June at the latest.

Hanley's tools are always touted as some of the best in all the minor leagues by scouts/experts/etc. We're still waiting for that big year with the bat, but he could probably win a gold glove right now.

Sanchez absolutely dominated at A+ and AA this season. He hit a wall late in the season, but the guy is a hell of a prospect.

I don't know why Shoppach isn't being thrown in this deal.

I've heard no talk of us spinning Lowell to another team. Although I'd love to get Romero in our pen from the Twins.

Too much can happen to pitchers that are 1 1/2 to 2 years away to count on them to ever deliver and for that reason, the Red Sox deal, as constituted today (or at least offered in the press...what do we really know about what is being offered in reality?) is not a better offer than the Rangers.

Say what you will about Blalock, he is a proven MLB all-star with a low price tag, and as such has much more value in the marketplace than any two prospects that can be offered.

Need I remind you of Blalock's home-away splits? Or the fact that he struggles in the second half? Or the fact our best offensive player is a natural 3B?

I'll take Hanley and Lester over Danks and Blalock any day of the week, and twice on Sunday.

Another Red Sox fan here:

Hanley, Anibal, and Lester are all outstanding with prospects with bright futures. With that being said, Lester IMO and I think most if not all Sox fans would agree with me is the better of the two pitchers.

Lester in AA: 11-6 2.61 ERA 148.1 IP 163 K--- Plus he's a lefty

Anibal is no slouch either and has front of the rotation potential, he's just a little farther away. Hanley and Anibal would be a very nice haul for the Fish, and I hope a deal can be struck for the better of both sides.

Nice to see that you're being mature and welcoming to a new member of the boards, you jackass.

I realize you're unable to conjure up an intelligent comment so you must use insults, but if you visited a few Red Sox messageboards (SOSH for example) you would realize that is exactly how Red Sox fans see our team.

Generally, Red Sox fans, at least those who populate their messageboards believe we'll (the franchise) take anything offered and the less offered the better. And the "Yankee-killer" line comes directly from a Red Sox messageboard.

Classic post, 2003. We'll thrown in Papelbon, Lester, Hanley and Ortiz (while paying his salary) to meet your demands.

I'd be surprised to see Lester in this deal -- I didn't say it won't happen. But I'll bet my bottom dollar that Papelbon isn't involved in this deal in any way.

And what are the chances that Lo Duca is dealt off in this firesale? He's not a very good hitting catcher, by any means, so does Shoppach attract interest from the Marlins F.O.?

Nice to see that you're being mature and welcoming to a new member of the boards, you jackass.

I realize you're unable to conjure up an intelligent comment so you must use insults, but if you visited a few Red Sox messageboards (SOSH for example) you would realize that is exactly how Red Sox fans see our team.

Generally, Red Sox fans, at least those who populate their messageboards believe we'll (the franchise) take anything offered and the less offered the better. And the "Yankee-killer" line comes directly from a Red Sox messageboard.

I would say that yes, Beckett has been a Yankee Killer, if anything the Marlins should use that in their favor when dangling him in front of Boston, it would only make the Red Sox want him more.

Another Red Sox fan here:

Hanley, Anibal, and Lester are all outstanding with prospects with bright futures. With that being said, Lester IMO and I think most if not all Sox fans would agree with me is the better of the two pitchers.

Lester in AA: 11-6 2.61 ERA 148.1 IP 163 K--- Plus he's a lefty

Anibal is no slouch either and has front of the rotation potential, he's just a little farther away. Hanley and Anibal would be a very nice haul for the Fish, and I hope a deal can be struck for the better of both sides.

I'm not sure we need to load up on lefties.

Papelbon could help us in 2006, these other guys in 2008.

Classic post, 2003. We'll thrown in Papelbon, Lester, Hanley and Ortiz (while paying his salary) to meet your demands.

I'd be surprised to see Lester in this deal -- I didn't say it won't happen. But I'll bet my bottom dollar that Papelbon isn't involved in this deal in any way.

Frankly I would be happy with Papelbon and maybe a Shopp, two minorleaguers, but two guys I take a risk on.

I'm not greedy, I don't need Hanley or Sanchez in the deal if we get a MLB-ready pitcher.

This is a lot better than that crap deal with the Rangers.

And this would probably be for Beckett alone. I wouldnt be shocked to see us get at least 3 big time prospects for Beckett. That would be ideal since we cant keep him due to the ineptness of this market the team currently plays in.

If the Red Sox are serious about re-establishing a working relationship with the Marlins now that little Theo is gone, and if they are serious about trying to land Beckett, I submit that Papelbon is on the table if Beinfest wants him.

You can't take prospects that are 1 1/2 to 2 years away in every deal, and you are trading a Josh Beckett.

While Papelbon may have a lower ceiling than the others, he's ready, or nearly ready NOW, and that brings value to the negotiating table. Since the Red Sox have no MLB position player (and a two-time all-star) to offer, it only makes sense that their offered pitcher be more major league ready.

This idea that because Papelbon appears ready to vie for a starting role in 2006 in Beantown, he's untouchable, is silly. I mean, Josh Beckett just fell in their lap, I think they'd be more than willing to accomodate us.

They should be thankful we didn't demand Hansen. :D

Hanley Ramirez is major league ready.

Clearly Boston's offer > Texas's offer

Which is surprising to me, with Beckett's birth place and the Rangers' desperate need for pitching.

The Rangers arent exactly an intelligent franchise.

And what are the chances that Lo Duca is dealt off in this firesale? He's not a very good hitting catcher, by any means, so does Shoppach attract interest from the Marlins F.O.?

Shoppach has potential, but he's already 24, right? I don't know his numbers, but I've heard he could be great.

Lester will certainly be in the majors in 2006, and definitely before September. With the Dodgers jumping in this thing, we may have to include Lester in this deal to top their offer.

I'm not being disrespectful, but I understand if you think I am, but Papelbon IS READY NOW, no one can promise Lester will be this fall or next year.

Papelbon is definitely ready right now, and that's why he'll be in our starting rotation in April. If I was in your position I'd absolutely ask for him in the deal, but the Red Sox organization loves the kid.

Shoppach is 25 I believe and was horrible in his first 15 AB's (small sample size I know). He's pretty good defensively and hits for power. K's a ton as well.

I was just thinking about this: If the Marlins are going to trade Delgado (which it appears), then the Mets are the obvious trading partners. I see no reason why Omar Minaya wouldn't put Milledge and Petit into that deal. If Florida plays their cards right, they could end up with Hanley, Lester, Milledge, and Petit on their roster in 2007, which would undoubtedly give them the best core of young players in the league with Cabrera and Willis on the roster and with Hermedia on his way up.

Papelbon is definitely ready right now, and that's why he'll be in our starting rotation in April. If I was in your position I'd absolutely ask for him in the deal, but the Red Sox organization loves the kid.

Shoppach is 25 I believe and was horrible in his first 15 AB's (small sample size I know). He's pretty good defensively and hits for power. K's a ton as well.

I was just thinking about this: If the Marlins are going to trade Delgado (which it appears), then the Mets are the obvious trading partners. I see no reason why Omar Minaya wouldn't put Milledge and Petit into that deal. If Florida plays their cards right, they could end up with Hanley, Lester, Milledge, and Petit on their roster in 2007, which would undoubtedly give them the best core of young players in the league with Cabrera and Willis on the roster and with Hermedia on his way up.

I don't know why, but I'd rather have Sanchez than Lester if we're talking about '07.

But I think by mid '06, Hermida will already be well on his way. Milledge and Petit from the Mets plus what....