Down to One

Lefty

why deal Pierre?

I think we should keep him at this point. We only have a one year commitment and he is a good club house presence.

Keep Pierre. Look for a 2B, C and we are set

I would tend to agree, but there is this noticeable trend going around....

why deal Pierre?

I think we should keep him at this point. We only have a one year commitment and he is a good club house presence.

dude, we are down to only one player and with a payroll that is already rock bottom

why deal Pierre?

The same arguments for LoDuca and Castillo didn't hold water. Expect Pierre to be gone this week.

LoDuca and Castillo had 2 year contracts

I say keep Pierre, unless someone makes an offer we can't refuse

why deal Pierre?

dude, we are down to only one player and with a payroll that is already rock bottom

why deal Pierre?

The same arguments for LoDuca and Castillo didn't hold water. Expect Pierre to be gone this week.

He's walking at the end of the year, what's the point of keeping him?

And he could have more value at the deadline possibly, but he could also play like he did this season again and keep killing his value.

why deal Pierre?

why deal Pierre?

He's walking at the end of the year, what's the point of keeping him?

And he could have more value at the deadline possibly, but he could also play like he did this season again and keep killing his value.

he is not going to make that much in Salary. Great work ethics, fans like him, to play CF, etc.

Pierre is the next one to go. I wouldn't be at all surprised if they start taking offers for Willis. These guys are on a mission to completely dismantle the team.

Probably Pierre is next ti go. But I think we should keep him.

His value is depressed, due to having a bad 05,

He is going to be on a contract year, so he should re-bound from his dismal 05.

He could land something nice before the all star break.

worst case, you pay 5 million for one year of a proven major leaguer. Gotta pay someone, some day

If they trade Willis or Miggy I am going to go crazy :killthemall

Miggy is not arbitration eligible so they are free to pay him whatever they want as long as it is equal to or greater than league-minimum. Willis is due to collect $3-4M in arbitration so will be the highest paid player on the team....if he is kept.

If they trade Willis or Miggy I am going to go crazy :killthemall

Miggy is not arbitration eligible so they are free to pay him whatever they want as long as it is equal to or greater than league-minimum. Willis is due to collect $3-4M in arbitration so will be the highest paid player on the team....if he is kept.

If they trade either they will have 1 less ...........me :mad

Trade JP and pitching prospect for a position player and Villone and a prospect for another postion player. Both young and cheap, but major league ready or already with some major league experience. I would try to do JP and two pitching prospects for Cano or JP, Villone, and a pitching prospect for Cano.

Pierre will be gone because his salary take a chunk out of Loria's bottom line. With revenue sharing , MLB national contract , mlb merchandise , and even 15k a game , Loria will make a killing this year and than release statement to the press he invested alot of money into the 15 million dollar payroll and lost 20 million dollars this year.

Pierre will be gone because his salary take a chunk out of Loria's bottom line. With revenue sharing , MLB national contract , mlb merchandise , and even 15k a game , Loria will make a killing this year and than release statement to the press he invested alot of money into the 15 million dollar payroll and lost 20 million dollars this year.

This is not 1997-8. There is no reason for any Marlins owner to cook the books. The plight of the team's ability to turn a profit is well known among those in position to fix it. The reduction of payroll is a means to the end of financial solvency, not Huizenga-like scaming. No one stands to gain anything by such a ludicrous statement.

Well, the Marlins get about $30 million in MLB welfare (am I right?) and additional money in revenue sharing. That covers payroll and pays for all the off the field operations. Any money from attendance, parking, concessions, and TV and radio deals will be icing on the cake. Loria will make at least $20-30 million.

By the way, FWIW, it has been reported that the Yankees will lose about 50 million for 2005. That figure is very similar to the figure provided by Forbes. http://www.forbes.com/finance/lists/33/200...3&datatype=Misc

I think Forbes's figures for the Marlins are probably close. In 2004, when all was said and done the Marlins made $3 million. It's clear that they're going to be making bank this coming year. Maybe they should use that money for the stadium? Fat chance. http://www.forbes.com/finance/lists/33/200...3&datatype=Misc

This is not 1997-8. There is no reason for any Marlins owner to cook the books. The plight of the team's ability to turn a profit is well known among those in position to fix it.

Than it would be fair to say you cant accurately know what exactly the Marlins financial situation is

The reduction of payroll is a means to the end of financial solvency, not Huizenga-like scaming. No one stands to gain anything by such a ludicrous statement.

Reduction of payroll to make a profit I am for that ,gutting the team investing nothing in terms of payroll when mlb gives you a boatload of money before one ticket is sold that is something completely different.

Well, the Marlins get about $30 million in MLB welfare (am I right?) and additional money in revenue sharing. That covers payroll and pays for all the off the field operations. Any money from attendance, parking, concessions, and TV and radio deals will be icing on the cake. Loria will make at least $20-30 million.

By the way, FWIW, it has been reported that the Yankees will lose about 50 million for 2005. That figure is very similar to the figure provided by Forbes. http://www.forbes.com/finance/lists/33/200...3&datatype=Misc

I think Forbes's figures for the Marlins are probably close. In 2004, when all was said and done the Marlins made $3 million. It's clear that they're going to be making bank this coming year. Maybe they should use that money for the stadium? Fat chance. http://www.forbes.com/finance/lists/33/200...3&datatype=Misc

Plus each mlb team gets I think it is around 30 million a year from MLB national tv contract with Fox and Espn