A.J. Burnett's quote about this

UltimateCabrera24

The problem I have with this is that he has signed with the Blue Jays. He troubled our locker room and coaching staff enough last year, we dont need him cursing our new player's abilities and questioning FO moves while having a Blue Jays jersey on.

YOUR NORTH OF THE BORDER NOW BUDDY, STAY THERE!!!

he jokingly says that and everyone jumps on him..

damn.. had he left on good terms everyone would have found that hilarious

Canes, he was a complete ass long before those comments. Unfortunately with today's younger generation in-your-face, obnoxious, trash talking is acceptable as a manly act. It is immature. It is disrespectful. Those words were a perfect definition of how he has carried himself as a ballplayer in the media....as a complete ass.

he jokingly says that and everyone jumps on him..

damn.. had he left on good terms everyone would have found that hilarious

Canes, he was a complete ass long before those comments. Unfortunately with today's younger generation in-your-face, obnoxious, trash talking is acceptable as a manly act. It is immature. It is disrespectful. Those words were a perfect definition of how he has carried himself as a ballplayer in the media....as a complete ass.

except that was taken out of context..

in the interview when he said that he said that he felt bad for the players that were down here.. and then as a joke he said that they better teach dontrelle how to play 9 positions.

he then said that the young kids that came up were athletic and good ball players and that they would be competitve in the near future.

http://toronto.bluejays.mlb.com/NASApp/mlb...ex.jsp?c_id=tor

go there under more sights and sounds, Burnett talks to reporters and see for yourself (its near the end of the video)

and no one ever questioned him until he opened his trap in houston. While I agree that was wrong and made him seem like an ass, I dont see why people would jump on him over this, when he was clearly making a joke.

like i said, had he never said those things in houston, everyone would just laugh it off... but since the majority of marlins fans are bitter and hate him now, no matter what he says he is an ass.

"I'm glad I'm not down there any more," Burnett said. "Fire sales are always tough. You feel for a lot of players because you have relationships with them. I'll always be grateful to that organization because they gave me a chance."

From the Sun Sentinel

Quotes out of context are fun. He was obviously joking. Not like it matters anyways.

I think from his lack of criticism of the FO since becoming a FA/Blue Jay that he learned his lesson to keep his mouth shut about certain things. Who knows maybe the Marlins gave him the kick in the ass at the end of the season that he needed to become an elite pitcher mentally.