Depth Chart

Guest Jack1

I was checking out the Marlins' website. I see Nate Bump is still on the active roster but he is not on the depth chart. I heard his rehab from his shoulder surgery was going well and that he should be ready for ST. Just curious. Any ideas? Could he be on his way out too?

After a rough 2004, Bump showed marked improvement in 2005. He has never been strong in difficult situations. He is best used in long relief. I welcome his return to the bullpen if used properly.

Only certain ones. I remember a few double plays he induced with runners on 1st and 2nd. Just don't throw him (or any hittable groundball pitcher) on the mound with a runner on third and the infield played in.

game two of the year, extra innings... 13th if I remember right... it was a cool spring night as chipper stepped to the plate.. The inning had just started after the marlin's couldnt do anything...

Pitch number 1 down the pipe and crack of the bat..

going, going, going, gone.. deep dead center field.. The crowd goes to silence and departs the place

:(

game two of the year, extra innings... 13th if I remember right... it was a cool spring night as chipper stepped to the plate.. The inning had just started after the marlin's couldnt do anything...

going, going, going, gone.. deep dead center field.. The crowd goes to silence and departs the place

I guess you forgot that his very first pitch of the game (in the inning before Chipper) got the double play that at the time kept the score tied, sending it into the bottom half where as you said the Marlins couldn't do anything...

I guess you forgot that his very first pitch of the game (in the inning before Chipper) got the double play that at the time kept the score tied, sending it into the bottom half where as you said the Marlins couldn't do anything...

I remember and I said to my girlfriend and father at the time. Good work and now jack take him out please.

I like Nate, I think he will be our best relief pitcher honestly.

Wasn't that off Alfonseca, not Bump?