A-Rod to join US in WBC

Hugg

Report: A-Rod to play for U.S. in Baseball Classic

SportsTicker

NEW YORK -- Derek Jeter and Johnny Damon of the New York Yankees are on the United States roster for the inaugural World Baseball Classic. Alex Rodriguez may be joining them.

The New York Times reported that Rodriguez, the 2005 American League Most Valuable Player, is expected to announce this week that he will play for the U.S. in the 16-team event in March.

Rodriguez withdrew from the event last month because he couldn't decide whether to play for the U.S. or the Dominican Republic and didn't want to insult the one he didn't choose.

Because Rodriguez was born in New York and raised in Miami, he is eligible to play for the U.S. Because his parents are from the Dominican Republic, the slugging third baseman also is eligible to play for his parents' homeland.

Players from all 30 major league teams are expected to play in the WBC. About 200 players already have committed to participate.

Two other Yankees, outfielder Bernie Williams for Puerto Rico and second baseman Robinson Cano for the Dominican Republic, are expected to play.

Yankees outfielder Hideki Matsui has decided not to play for Japan.

The 16 teams will be divided into four pools and feature round-robin play in each of the first two rounds. Japan will host the opening round in Pool A, which also includes Korea, China and Chinese Taipei, from March 3-6.

The top two finishers will travel to the U.S. for the second round to face the qualifiers from Pool B, which includes Team USA, beginning March 13.

The top two teams from each second-round pool advance to the single-elimination semifinals and finals, which will be held at Petco Park in San Diego from March 18-20.

The WBC will be held again in 2009 and every four years thereafter.

Guest Moneyball

Bullsh*t .........AROD your gonna loose alot of points with alot of people if you play for Team U.S.A.

Yes you were born in Miami which is basically latin america and you parents are hispanic play for D.R. or don't play at all........

So should he play for Mexico if he was raised in California because it's basically Mexico?

Bullsh*t .........AROD your gonna loose alot of points with alot of people if you play for Team U.S.A.

Yes you were born in Miami which is basically latin america and you parents are hispanic play for D.R. or don't play at all........

So should he play for Mexico if he was raised in California because it's basically Mexico?

if he was born in Cali. and his parents were mexican, yes he should play for Mexico....

No disrespect meant, but that's one of the most retarded things I've ever heard.

He was born and raised in America, he lives in America, he makes his money in America and pays American taxes. I don't see 'dominican' anywhere in there. Heck, I don't even think he has a house there.

No disrespect meant, but that's one of the most retarded things I've ever heard.

He was born and raised in America, he lives in America, he makes his money in America and pays American taxes. I don't see 'dominican' anywhere in there. Heck, I don't even think he has a house there.

Thanks for the no disrespect part, sorry if i came off a little strong to some people but it just pissed me off when i read that cause all that a**hole talks about at the boys and girls club when we get to hang out with him for a couple of hours is say how proud he is to be hispanic and how he loves his heritage and that how nobody he's ever played with loves baseball more than latino's and that's why i got pissed off and wrote what i wrote cause dont say sh*t like that if you dont mean it.........

P.S. Bad To The Bone is By George Thurgood

LOL, A-Rod isn't an American because he was born in Miami? jrLexus, that is one of the most ridiculous and absurd things i've ever seen posted on this website.

So I guess Dontrelle Willis should play for Zimbabwe and Juan Pierre should play for Haiti, and Shawn Green should play for Israel? Give me a f***ing break.

Sorry, it doesn't matter what your heritage is when it comes to this, if you're born in AMERICA then you're an AMERICAN, period. Unless were born in or are a CITIZEN of another country, then you do not play for that country under any circumstance, the only situation in which it would be tolerable for A-Rod to play for the DR would be if he had citizenship there, which he does not.

A-Rod is the posterchild of living the American dream, he is a 100% red blooded American and nothing you say will change that.

Guest Juanky

He said he was sitting out, he should have stayed sitting out.

And Bad to the Bone is by George Thoroughgood.

there are a lot of bad to the bones steppenwolf does one too even though i think its bad to the boneSOf course there are a lot of them. Because they are covers of the song originally done by George. It's a famous song.

And ZZ Top never did a cover of it :thumbup . The original is misidentified as being by ZZ Top on most P2P programs.

Back to the topic at hand, it isn't so much that he chose America over the DR. It's more of he said he wasn't going to play because he couldn't make up his mind, but now all of a sudden he's proud to be an American? What changed between then and now? And if you say you're going to sit out, be a man and stay sitting out. Don't be jumping from camp to camp.

LOL, A-Rod isn't an American because he was born in Miami? jrLexus, that is one of the most ridiculous and absurd things i've ever seen posted on this website.

So I guess Dontrelle Willis should play for Zimbabwe and Juan Pierre should play for Haiti, and Shawn Green should play for Israel? Give me a f***ing break.

Sorry, it doesn't matter what your heritage is when it comes to this, if you're born in AMERICA then you're an AMERICAN, period. Unless were born in or are a CITIZEN of another country, then you do not play for that country under any circumstance, the only situation in which it would be tolerable for A-Rod to play for the DR would be if he had citizenship there, which he does not.

A-Rod is the posterchild of living the American dream, he is a 100% red blooded American and nothing you say will change that.

He's 100% American but he's not 100% red blooded american unless u meant latin america cause thats were his parents are from......

He's 100% American but he's not 100% red blooded american unless u meant latin america cause thats were his parents are from......

:banghead

It's a figure of speech....

it just pissed me off when i read that cause all that a**hole talks about at the boys and girls club when we get to hang out with him for a couple of hours is say how proud he is to be hispanic and how he loves his heritage and that how nobody he's ever played with loves baseball more than latino's

damn dude, how many major leaguers have you gotten to hang out with? who else is on that list?

send some of em my way.

it just pissed me off when i read that cause all that a**hole talks about at the boys and girls club when we get to hang out with him for a couple of hours is say how proud he is to be hispanic and how he loves his heritage and that how nobody he's ever played with loves baseball more than latino's

damn dude, how many major leaguers have you gotten to hang out with? who else is on that list?

send some of em my way.

its acually easy dude, just get involved in coaching,scouting or own a buisness that attracts people like that, you've seen first hand how busy my family buisness gets and they just seem to end up here cause we have a good rep.

jrLexusIS33,

You said one of the stupidest remarks this side of Al Sharpton.

explain why, there seems to be alot of people on here that agree with me that he should play for D.R. or not play at all........Maybe you just don't get it

send some of em my way.

its acually easy dude, just get involved in coaching,scouting or own a buisness that attracts people like that, you've seen first hand how busy my family buisness gets and they just seem to end up here cause we have a good rep.

yea, that's pretty nice.

who else have you gotten to meet?

send some of em my way.

yea, that's pretty sweet.

who else have you gotten to hang out?

We've done work for Lenny Harris, Tim hardaway, MCabs, Sean Taylor, Frank Gore, alot of old school Dolphins, Arod, J.Canseco , Troy Vincent, Randy McMichael, Chris Chambers......lots of fella's trust our work so they spread the word around which is very cool of them....