Attendance

mikesyourdaddy

Actual attendance will be worse than ever. Reported attendance may not be the worst ever. There will be many nights with 5,000 or less actual people in the stands.

I was at a game in 02 where there had to been about 4000 there. You could hear gum being chewed from the players!

I've definitely been to some of those. The worst was a doubleheader in '03 against the Expos. We were 6 games under at the start of the double header, and we won both, but there was like no one there. There was a constant drizzle most of the night. I would guess there were 2500 people there by the end.

Actual attendance will be worse than ever. Reported attendance may not be the worst ever. There will be many nights with 5,000 or less actual people in the stands.

I was at a game in 02 where there had to been about 4000 there. You could hear gum being chewed from the players!

I've definitely been to some of those. The worst was a doubleheader in '03 against the Expos. We were 6 games under at the start of the double header, and we won both, but there was like no one there. There was a constant drizzle most of the night. I would guess there were 2500 people there by the end.

I was at that double-header. At the beginning of the first game there were literally about 30 people in the stands. We all looked at each other like "what, is it scouts only tonight?"

It's a good thing they've locked in most of their season ticket holders from '05, otherwise it might really be ugly.

That being said I expect to go to about the same number of games next year.

I may actually go to more games than last season.

Especially since I know I can get great seats last minute. :thumbup

I would love to go to games now I can pick any seat in the stadium and not worry that it will belong to someone arriving late...and the promotions will be incredible...probably give a car away to the 10,000th fan every night...in fact one night someone might even get to be the 10,000th fan...anyone wanna start a pool to guess the total attendence next year? my first guess is 925,000 fans

the highest ticket prices in club history + the lowest--yes, lowest--expectations in club history + Shaq = the lowest attendance in club history.

The Marlins signed Shaq?!?!? Hell yeah now I'm going for sure, You want him on that wall, you need him on that wall, especially for road games in those little parks.

It's going to be very very ugly.

I would like the FO to explain why ticket rates were INCREASED, rather than decreased, after just about every reason for the average fan to come to the ballpark was traded away. South Florida fans hate a loser.

They should have just kept the same prices as last year. There is no reason to raise them with a team like this.

I am looking forward to seeing them play but I am not looking forward to seeing how many people are going to be at the game. ::sigh::

:(

Call me nuts, but if Delgado didn't help much, why would the loss of him and others hurt drastically? The hardcore fan is what drives the Marlins' attendance and they're liable to stick with the club through yet another rebuilding season.

I would like the FO to explain why ticket rates were INCREASED, rather than decreased, after just about every reason for the average fan to come to the ballpark was traded away. South Florida fans hate a loser.

That's pretty easy. Look at where the Marlins rank in ticket prices. See the frivality its fan base sees in its tickets (i.e., empty seats when it rains). Listen to the sense of entitlement by some of its fans.

Try thinking past just as a purchaser. It's about making buying a ticket into a commitment to the team. It's about building a strong fan base. And, yes, it's about producing revenue. Whether it be a airline, movie theatre or baseball team, a business can not last long when its main selling card is its cheap price. The way to turn any business into a brand is through a strong commitment from its clients. Minimal entry and exit barriers (i.e., cheap tiket prices) dissuade a client from making that commitment.

The attendence is going to be horrible this year. Franchise high ticket prices parking $ and the drive down to the stadium is enough to push fans away from the game now throw in a horrible team. Ugh uh FO you screwed us 1 to many times. This year is the fans revenge

Guest Juanky

Well, Miami is the only city in the universe that's all about the winners right?

What do you think will happen if this team gets on a hot streak and chugs into the summer in the thick of things? The odds are low, but everyone loves an underdog. Especially an underdog that wins.

Attendance will probably be better than most people anticipate. Several teams that draw well will be visiting, including the Red Sox and Cubbies. I expect a dropoff, but perhaps only to about 1.4M.

Sorry dude, I can't see us breaking a million. If the team we had last year still sucked attendance wise, just guess how bad it will be this year.

Well, Miami is the only city in the universe that's all about the winners right?

What do you think will happen if this team gets on a hot streak and chugs into the summer in the thick of things? The odds are low, but everyone loves an underdog. Especially an underdog that wins.

Yeah, the 03 team was an underdog too. And we averaged 15 thousand a game.

Guest Juanky

Yeah, the 03 team was an underdog too. And we averaged 15 thousand a game.The 2003 team, among locals, had expectations that it failed to deliver upon for the first couple of months of the season. They didn't start the season as underdogs, they became underdogs when Burnett was summoned to Dr. Andrews office (is there a doctor people are more scared of in the world than this guy?) and they were ten games under in May. There's a difference.

And like Hotcorner said, attendance has been going up exponentially. We might not have that big of a dropoff.